Should this game be MMORPG like Runescape?

I think it's time GGG seriously consider taking a new direction, and move into the MMORPG category.

Sadly, we are seeing signs that they are running out of creativity and content fit for action RPG, and instead are coming up with stuff like traps, puzzles with the lab as main content. Players are burnt out faster and faster.

How much more new weapons and armor, skill gems, passive skills, new league types etc. etc. can they come up with that excites the player base for more than 1 week? There's too much saturation, and cool new ideas are simply running out.

I think GGG may be better of competing with Runescape and make POE great again but as an action filled MMORPG instead of just being stuck as a D1/D2 replacement with limited growth possibilities... at least with MMORPG you have a lot more design possibilities.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jul 17, 2016, 6:34:52 PM
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2016, 7:36:04 AM
That's awful.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Can you elaborate on the design possibilities? I don't see many tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I think Prophecy has actually been a step in the right direction. An awkward, fumbling step, but a step nonetheless. It allows for future quest-based gameplay outside of the storyline. Frankly, I think prophecies should award EXP and be used as a leveling path. Grinding instances should be the last resort, an option for the people who actually enjoy that sort of thing. Having EXP come solely from kills is archaic design.

And yes, I know, herp derp instant gratification, derp easymode herp. Well, guess what? I hate to use the "it's the current year" argument but we live in a busy world and nobody with a life has the kind of time to waste grinding Gorge. There is nothing wrong with having options, because the funny thing about options is that you get to ignore alternate paths that makes you irrationally butthurt and enjoy your endless Progress Quest.
This is a buff™
I agree they need a new direction, something other than just tacking on more and more power and rewards. Balancing content and pushing more towards party play might not be a bad way to go. There are some balance problems and issues in general that would need to be addressed to make party play more appealing though.
HELL. NO.

True story: I was almost finished downloading Tree of Savior, then I remembered areas aren't instanced in mmorpgs and I would have to compete with rude people for monster kills. DELETED.
MMORPG? We don't need no stinkin' MMORPG.

I like traps becasue they create nice skill challange that is harder to beat than monsters by simply stacking stats.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
No.
"
srt746 wrote:
HELL. NO.

True story: I was almost finished downloading Tree of Savior, then I remembered areas aren't instanced in mmorpgs and I would have to compete with rude people for monster kills. DELETED.

Tried the Destiny demo on PS4 a while back, finished the first quest, and got dumped back on the planet, where some high level moron now was bumping me with his scooter and honking his horn...unistalled. What a turnoff :(

This always happens when I try MMORPGS, it's a bit immersion breaking to follow som "story" when you have a bajillion numb-nuts camping to follow the same story...
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
Last edited by Gilgamesjh on Jul 18, 2016, 7:23:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info