Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Lightning Arrow hits 2 additional targets

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:45:23 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
It's always so cool how you never gain any levels or gem XP on your character, but seem to have currency to afford anything, even if you don't have the game knowledge to justify it. Very impressive.

Sounds more like rmt to me.

:^)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 19, 2016, 4:45:50 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
I can't notice a difference at all but then again I'm using 9 projectiles. It probably works better if you somehow increased area of effect on your build but i have no idea how big 18 radius is.

You should stop using kintsugi though. Totally overrated POS.

I wonder how the utiliity of the +2 target enchant compares to this one:

Everyone seems to focus on the +target enchant, but it seems to me the increased radius could provide more benefit as the arrows continue to travel further away from you and spread out more as they fly. Since most LA builds use 100% pierce these days those long distance situations should occur frequently.

Either ways its really hard to test it in a practical scenario out other than trying to eye ball it.

I wish there was a testing arena where we could generate dummy entities with controllable health/stats and spam aoe skills to see which was more effectual.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jul 19, 2016, 5:16:55 PM
Increased Targets would be the best for close packs, while Increased Area would be the best for out of screen clearing.

Having said that, 12% increased AoE is really low, while 2 extra projectiles it's almost double the targets. The enchants are really weighted for the extra targets one.
About Kinstugi. Ouch. But at the moment it pretty much doesn't matter for me. Always wanted to play a Flameblaster or Earthquaker before losing interest for this game just like with everything else.

Wait, perhaps - price for Kintsugi can go lower and I should consider selling it asap to avoid losing profit? On the other hand, you are first ever person I meet to say such things about Kintsugi and nobody seem to care about reddit whatsoever, so it's probably hardly a problem...I am a bit confused xD

Really? I am stingy enough to refuse buying such really useful things like Currency Stash Tab and you say I will buy any currency in free game for real money? ... Really? If I buy tons of exalts, would I try to exchange my chaos recipe belts just to get few extra chaos then?

Come on. Just, come on. Your jealousness clouds your mind^ And you are wrong - I am not that rich yet, I can afford just a few cool uniques and some enchants.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jul 20, 2016, 1:47:49 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:46:36 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
12% does seem pretty negligible in most cases. I wonder if the increased radius would have more of an impact on single target passing through frost walls than on actual AoE.

LA builds usually have no other AoE increases so 12% increased would result in 23% more area covered (if we take rounding into account). Might actually be comparable to extra targets in clear speed, haven't really had the chance to compare both.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
12% does seem pretty negligible in most cases. I wonder if the increased radius would have more of an impact on single target passing through frost walls than on actual AoE.

LA builds usually have no other AoE increases so 12% increased would result in 23% more area covered (if we take rounding into account). Might actually be comparable to extra targets in clear speed, haven't really had the chance to compare both.

My math has always been bad but why would 12% increased radius result in 23% more area covered?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"

My math has always been bad but why would 12% increased radius result in 23% more area covered?

Lightning Arrow Seek Radius is circular

Area of a circle = pi r squared

Area of buffed circle = pi (1.12r) squared

Area of buffed circle = pi 1.2544 r-squared

Divide new by old and you get 1.2544

Not sure where raics got 23%, 25% more area would be more logical

I'm probably making a mistake somewhere, huh
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 20, 2016, 8:24:18 PM
"
adghar wrote:
Not sure where raics got 23%, 25% more area would be more logical

I'm probably making a mistake somewhere, huh

Lightning arrow has a base radius of 18.

18*1.12 = 20.16 which gets rounded down to 20.

So, unbuffed area = Pi * 18^2 = 1017.876
buffed area = Pi * 20^2 = 1256.637

Which is a 23% increase, if you are rounding to the nearest percent.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 20, 2016, 8:55:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info