One thing never changes.....

Is that there will always be change...

Ive played a lot of online games in my time, way back to Ultima online and even played on Everquest's first day of release. I've seen how games cycle and generally they reach a peak then tend to lose their way, This is not a post against GGG though.

This is a post to those purists who complain about HOW other people play. Why do you worry about about those that play so called meta builds? Play your own game mind your own business. Your perception is that the game is out of whack because so much of the community plays this or that build...

Why and how does this even affect you? who freaking cares if X number of players play CoC builds ( i personally don't play one myself. ) Are you forced to play a CoC build? or any other current meta build?

If content is too easy for you, then move out of your comfort zone, vendar all your items and play self-found,or just stop playing all together. GGG is not going to custom make the game to fit your personal needs im sorry to say.

All games have that magic first year, but its not really the developers fault, what was new and fresh when you started is now standard fair. That's the cycle of ANY online game and that's how POE will be also.

Players and games are like lovers. sometimes you just grow apart from one another.
Last bumped on Jul 18, 2016, 1:49:26 PM
dude,that i the best thread in 2016.....!!!! i am 10000% agree with that,that marvelous game is infected by "little-crying-jealous-thing" that can only complain about what they cannot reach...that game need skills,luck and intelligence,seems some people only have jealousy...

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Quality post. 8/8
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Why and how does this even affect you? who freaking cares if X number of players play CoC builds

Because GGG shape game around these players and this affect me.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Because poe is not a solo player game, you can trade and earn more currencies by killing faster.

so faster you kill richer you are!

to kill too fast is bad for the game.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jul 17, 2016, 8:22:43 AM
PoE is a game where it's ridiculously difficult until it's ridiculously easy. The transition is almost instantaneous. So, how do they develop a game with these extremes? That's the problem... the questions as to how the players are behaving is only a symptom of it.
I think there are people out that complain because they care about the game. We see the potential that the game has and want to see it realized. So we voice our opinion in hopes that they are heard.

Balance happens to be a part of this discussion. If certain skills are topping the charts while others are constantly at the bottom then it just feels bad to play them. There is only so many self imposed challenges you can do before you just get tired of it. And for a game that releases patches frequently, it has an expectation to fix and improve the game at these times.

I would agree that games can hit their peak and start going downhill. It's entirely possible that PoE has reached that point. With an expected 3 month big league/expansion release. It would be sad if that was the case for this game.

Why are meta builds a problem? Because they cause any attempt at balance to be extremely haphazard and ineffective. GGG's trying to balance exp penalties around metabuilds that abuse everything possible to get the highest exp/minute possible out of the game, which screws over anyone who doesn't. At the same time they leave the meta itself broken, so there's a ridiculously huge gulf between the meta and a normal player who isn't trying to abuse the game.

If GGG would just ignore the whiners complaining "100 is too easy" as they abuse the hell out of the game, etc, it wouldn't be a problem, but GGG MAKES it a problem with their reaction, which results in everyone being at eachother's throats because ultimately, no one ends up happy. It would certainly help if people weren't so delusional about illusionary grindfest difficulty, too. ProgressQuest exists, if that's what people want to play, the pure, ultimate form is already there waiting for them. Turning PoE into it just detracts from PoE's basis and renders all those fancy systems it has moot.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Damn, I was legitimately expecting you to only say "War, war never changes"
By your logic, if a build clears maps in 2 seconds and gets 10 mirrors out of it, there would be no problem, because the guy chose to play this build and you could just ignore it and play differently yourself.

Thing is, this is a competitive game, especially in leagues and races. In order so compete with the best, you're forced to play a meta build. So you'd be forced to play the broken build, or else you're handicapping yourself. Sure if you don't care about competition it's not really a problem (or is it?).

They balance the game (loot, enemies etc.) around the best builds too. If a broken build clears maps way too easily and acquires too many t1 items, and GGG decides to not nerf the build, then they'd nerf drop rates, nerf exp gained, buff monsters, else people would achieve all their goals too quickly and quit. So even if you play self-found your gameplay is affected by other builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info