Updating older skills? Any chance of this happening?

Will older outdated skills be getting some updates possibly? Vortex is simply better than ice nova, but ice nova was given an interaction with frost bolt(?) to allow range and AOE. Will older skills like freezing pulse and such possibly have added end game functionality? On that note, what as players do you think would be interesting and fun interactions that could be added to otherwise boring spells / attacks?
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2016, 5:34:33 PM
No because Chris has basically come out and said that some people like the skills as they used to be so they don't want to disrupt that.

(Meanwhile they'll change meta skills in a heartbeat. Lels.)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
No because Chris has basically come out and said that some people like the skills as they used to be so they don't want to disrupt that.

fair enough, but what do you think they could do to not alter the actual skill gem, but significantly alter how it plays late game? Like a support gem that alters a starter skill
"
Blakwhysper wrote:
"

fair enough, but what do you think they could do to not alter the actual skill gem, but significantly alter how it plays late game? Like a support gem that alters a starter skill

Like a master fireball(x) support gem that has high level/int(x) requirement that augments the shit out of it and not just in damage, could be fun. Could even make it use two sockets for balance.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jul 16, 2016, 8:07:47 PM
There was a post a while back about how "updated old skills" doesn't sell... or get noticed by the media. It might be good for game play, but it doesn't give a return on investment.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There was a post a while back about how "updated old skills" doesn't sell... or get noticed by the media. It might be good for game play, but it doesn't give a return on investment.

but would augmenting a skill that doesn't require any graphical changes require as much time and investment on the dev's as a brand new flashy skill? The return might be lower, but I would assume the investment on it would be as well.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Blakwhysper wrote:
"

Like a master fireball(x) support gem that has high level/int(x) requirement that augments the shit out of it and not just in damage, could be fun. Could even make it use two sockets for balance.

Yes something like that. You can see them trying small things like jewels that alter the way a base skill interacts a bit, but I think to have some traction, the alteration needs to be more significant. It can even be gated behind, (like you said) a significant investment in a stat or something like that
"

Some people? Vocal minority?

;^)
They have updated some (Shield Charge this league patch)

I do wish they would buff some, as it would make things diverse. Right now, the game is going entirely FoTM, where each 3 month league brings new skills that make older skills completely useless. If your not using "new" skills, your build suffers.
I wish they would. I've made a few melee builds that seemed alright. I then switched over to Earthquake and it just blew my builds away... even when I was building for something else. Now I don't think EQ needs a nerf.. I'm actually okay with it. I do believe other skills need some love though.

I can only speak for melee since that's all I really play but lot of the targetable abilities need some work, they feel pretty clunky at times. Cleave needs to get back into the game somehow, its base AoE is really small.. or it just feels that way to me.

Those threshold jewels sounded like a nice way to boost some of these skills up but GGG managed to screw those up as well. I've sort of lost hope. Although I will admit shield charge is pretty solid now. Now if only they can make the other movement skills feel like skills, that would be great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info