PoEBuilder Master Thread [UPDATED 08/20/2014]

Hey guys!

New patch out! We updated our tree to handle the latest skills. You should still be able to use most of your old share links, but if you have a problem, write it into the feedback!

We're still working on a character inventory module. It's a bit more complicated that expected, but we're getting close to completing it. Stay tuned!
CHARACTER IMPORT IS HERE!!!

You can import your character and check out all of the affixes and stats on your items!

Currently magic and rare items are supported, uniques and implicit mods are coming soon.

We also updated the skill tree for the latest patch, so you should see the new ES nodes up by CI no problem.

The feedback form got bumped for a bit, as the new inventory panel covers its old real estate. We fully intend to bring it back, however, as your feedback is kickass and essential to the site. Just need to figure out where to put it =).

If you have feedback on the new character importer, or on the site in general, please post to this thread. It's the best way to get your feedback heard!

IMPORT AWAY!

P.S. We heard all of the feedback about the skill tree itself. Searching for nodes, bugs with node bonuses, shortest path optimizations, etc. are all on our minds. We plan to get them implemented, just not sure when!

P.P.S. INTERNET EXPLORER MAKES YOU DOWNLOAD YOUR CHARACTER! There's not too much we can do about that. Open the file IE suggests and copy-pasta the text into the input form. You should be good.
Looks good so far.
IGN QTCRZ
New build:

- Feedback is back
- Fixed critical issue that would break the site in certain files were not loaded in time
- Gems are now imported with the character import

Long term we're working on a character sheet, so you can make sense of all of the bonuses and buffs that your items and build has. Stay tuned!

Well dude, this is awesome, the import character is very useful especially to understand the different mods of the rare I am wearing.

This would be awesome if it could also be done directly for items in the stash for example. I know this is not the core of what you want to do, but I find this functionnality amazing.
"
Funest wrote:
Well dude, this is awesome, the import character is very useful especially to understand the different mods of the rare I am wearing.

This would be awesome if it could also be done directly for items in the stash for example. I know this is not the core of what you want to do, but I find this functionnality amazing.

Thanks dude!

At some point we want to give you recommendations on Exalting, Regaling, etc. For example, we want to give you the percentage likelihood that you get a range of certain affixes by using a currency item, so you can decide if it's the right choice for you.

We're definitely looking at decoding the stash as well. We think that will be a pretty straightforward feature to implement.

First we want to finish the character sheet, however. Right now there are tons of bonuses, and it can be hard to make heads or tails of them. We want to show you very clear, easy to understand numbers, like effective health, DPS, etc. That's in the immediate future.

As another poster mentioned, the list of mods on an item is awesome! That alone makes it worth it to me. It didn't seem to work for my boots though.
Is this still ongoing?
Yes definitely!

Upcoming, we have an item builder in the works, so you can customize your inventory.

We've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to calculate your dps and effective health. Those modules are getting very close to 100% correct (what is live currently still has lots of bugs), although it is difficult to plan for all the intricate interactions that exist in the game.

Also, we're getting ready to roll out the ability to save your builds and reload them later on.

Still working on this actively. Feel free to PM if you have questions or comments. Also, you can just post on this thread =).
Nice to hear that. Once you roll out the saving of builds, I think it can now surpass the offline tree. Not to mention that the dps and effective health calculator in the line would make it way more invaluable.

Some suggestions:

1. Cancellation of passive nodes. Right now we still have to click individual nodes to cancel them. Unlike allocation, there seems to be no automatic retracing.
2. Would it be possible that instead of importing items I actually own, it would instead load a blank slate of an item, then you get to add mods in them to see your stats if ever you had that item?
This would complete the build experience as people will be able to plan their passives, skills, and gear.

Thank you for this by the way!
Last edited by ArtificialDream on Sep 22, 2013, 2:51:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info