Cold Damage Spell Caster Auras

OK so im doing a inquisitor with the 100% ele pen on crit, main skill is freeze pulse, and cold damage is the main damage to the extent its nearly pure cold damage. however other than herald of ice what auras are good? not just yeah you can use them but actually beneficial... im new to spell casting. i was thinking anger or wrath, but there isnt a cold equivalent. my skill does no phys damage so im guessing hatred is a no go. how ever my staff does have phys damage. im not sure how hatred works. any suggestions?
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 8:41:46 PM
also does the knock back part of blunt trauma apply to spells even if the crit doesnt?
Cold spells get totally shafted when it comes to auras.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
yeah it seems that way :(
Well you could go with anger and toss on a pyre. If you do I'd recommend a three dragons so you shock instead of ignite.
"
Nephalim wrote:

It used to be that all elemental spells got shafted :P Then in 1.2 when they introduced the heralds, it was fire getting shafted because anger and wrath were for attacks only. Now I guess it's cold?

Anyway, I highly recommend a defensive aura. There are a bunch of options for this. If you don't like any of those options, I recommend a blasphemy enfeeble or temp chains instead :P
I would make a lightning/cold hybrid with Call of the Brotherhood.
You can take any lightning spell and make it freeze enemies with that ring.
Unless u just want pure cold caster.
CoCS Shadow - iSpinMyCritsRightRound
Hatred adds bonus damage to a skill that has physical damage, it adds % of that damage as extra cold damage.
CoCS Shadow - iSpinMyCritsRightRound
"
"
Nephalim wrote:

It used to be that all elemental spells got shafted :P Then in 1.2 when they introduced the heralds, it was fire getting shafted because anger and wrath were for attacks only. Now I guess it's cold?

Anyway, I highly recommend a defensive aura. There are a bunch of options for this. If you don't like any of those options, I recommend a blasphemy enfeeble or temp chains instead :P

Anger works with fire spells and wrath is a HUGE boost for lightning spells or physical2lightning spells. Where is the love for cold spells?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jul 15, 2016, 1:39:21 PM
"

This is probably your best bet! Defensive auras is what I used on my cold witch. I think possibly the design is that cold is supposed to be the most defensive of the three elements, due to the power of Chill and Freeze. Or at least, that's what it seemed like in the past. More aura(s) spent on defence allow you to grab offense elsewhere (tree, utility skills, or items) though.

If you can get ahold of a Cospri's Will then you could put Projectile Weakness on Blasphemy if you haven't already. Depending on just how often you crit, Frostbite and Elemental Weakness may also be worth it.

Haste is an aura that will boost your damage per second but of course the boost is very small and probably not worth it.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info