[2.3 - HC] Kaom’s Reach – 50% dodge & spell dodge – 8 end. / 6 frenzy charges – "fake" RT!

Hey guys, this is the first build guide I am writing about, so be gentle :). Feedback most welcome!

The idea stemmed from balancing the negative side of acrobatics and evasion in general as well as to include many unique and synergies. The build has proven to be incredibly resilient and to have excellent damage. I hope you will like it.

If you have any questions about this guide, drop me a line in-game or post here. (IGN: Mischief_Goes_Berzerk)

**Update: Rocking hard, T11+ bosses destroyed. Defenses are just too good**

The main idea is to use synergies between specific keystones and unique items. It was built for HC and can be changed to fit different play-styles very easily.

The idea:

- Bow build (currently TS)
- Juggernaut (marauder ascendancy)
- “Acrobatics” and “Phase Acrobatics”
- “Endurance” and “Frenzy” charges
- “Blood magic keystone”

Pro’s
Spoiler

High life. Easy to achieve 6k, 6.5k with excellent gear and 8k with kaom.
Resilient. 230% life, 8 endurance charges minimum, 50% dodge, 50+% spell dodge, 30+% evasion, 800-900 hps, 2.6% leech (tree)
“Fake” RT. We’re using “Hinekora’s sight” for 1000 accuracy and “Undeniable” for another 1000 accuracy for 95+% chances to hit.
High damage. Expecting at 15k+ TS and high poison damage, 6 frenzy charges.
Easily customized. You can go “Crit”, get more life, more charges, or go Lightning arrow? It’s up to you! What you need is close at hand on the talent tree.

Con’s
Spoiler

Reflect may be dangerous. Rares are not an issue at all. Physical reflect maps with high mob concentration should be avoided due to the high number of hits and damage with TS.
Uniques reliant. The build was made to use a set of specific uniques. Not using them may water it down significantly.

Since I often play solo, I need to create builds that are strong all around as there aren’t any team mates to palliate to my weaknesses. Leveling has been quite easy thanks to death’s opus this league (although it showed its limits by A3 merc as we’re not crit based). The life leech, high HP and regen made up for a safe and entertaining progression. Still leveling as Earthquake (EQ) is faster, consider doing so.

Now about the build in more detail:

Tree
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAVhBQUlCQVFBQWZjYllXR005X0l6UDlraGZQOEVFRkNCNWFPOE9xVzdBR2xpdmQtTnZPemJvQWR5R1lJVFpPbEpIZnJ5Zk1uNE9QTDAyR0pIZnYyVk4yMC0tcC1ERGRjc2x2TGUyNm1LTmZrTXgyc0V1VTNUdDAyOEZMWTE5SV9aTmt2eExVRWZ1RHFPS3hGZ3dmRkZIamI4RnRjTHNLbHRTN0xURllxeHNqSjJxTjlUdFA0VHZvdW9TNFJxTld5Wl8tOVFqTUhIZHFFdDRPa0ladEJVZzczcjJveTJETE9tR3N4Uk5OajNyWTdWSUF4NGZRUkV2Qm5CT24zcF8wMzU5ZGY2NlF6WjU5cExRZUEyMThqV1MyTDMtajAzanBsYzY0ZkpGX2dwaFVwT29pck5YVk1Neldoby16NzNtRFBLbHk4QUJCc1pkcE4zVmZYT3RDZmU1RnJzPQAQQUFBQ0FBZlFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

Explanation:

Blood Magic: Very effective life-wise. Eliminate mana concerns.
Iron Grip: Only 1 point on the way for 60%+ increase projectile damage.
Jewel sockets: 5 of them because they significantly increase our dps.
Vigour: We need one more endurance charge plus we really need more charge duration to easily maintain uptime to 100% or close to.
Finesse: Accuracy is important as we use “Undeniable”, making it a strong 1 point on the way and providing access to “Heart of Oak”.
Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics: Perfect as we’re quite resistant to physical damage and using “Hinekora’s sight”.
Piercing shots: We’re using “Drillneck”. A no brainer.

Uniques
Spoiler

Hinekora’s Sight:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hinekora%27s_Sight
10% (hopefully) more dodge, 10% more spell dodge, 1000 acc helping us “fake” RT and leveraging undeniable. Yes please.

Drillneck:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Drillneck
100 increased projectile damage double dipping on poison.

Kaoms’s way:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaom%27s_Way
We’re using 2 of them. Yes two! It means 0.8% regen per endurance charge and bring us to 8 although we only invest in 1 in the tree. Our base regen is 6.2% and this adds a staggering 6.4% to hit for a total of 12.6%.

Reach of the council:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Reach_of_the_Council
It’s strong, really strong. We cannot ignore it so we’re using it. A good harbinger would do just fine too and allow for an easy transition toward crit since we’re not using RT.

Atziri’s steps:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Step
30% mov. Speed, evasion boost, decent life and another 15% or so spell dodge. Pretty good although our less important unique item. Rare boots will do well if capping resistances is a problem

Ascendancy
Spoiler

As said we’re going Juggernaut.

The priorities in order:

1. Unflinching. (+1 endurance chargemad 20% chance to generate on hit)
2. Unrelenting. (max charges all the time, less elemental damage taken, more damage)
3. Unyielding. (our final “Fake” RT and a good attack speed boost)
4. Unstoppable. (mov. speed and temp chain avoidance. What’s not to like)

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Skill point
Merciless: Oak

Current gear
Spoiler

Gem setup
Spoiler

Main attack:
Tornado Shot – Pierce – Physical projectile attack damage – Poison – ( Faster Attacks – Slower projectiles)
If you do not own a reach of the council you will need to use GMP instead of FA or SP.
6 links means more damage but is not mandatory as we already deal enough damage without it!

Frenzy / Cursing:
Frenzy – Curse on Hit – Vulnerability – Chain – FA
Again without a reach of the countil using GMP is advisable.
Vulnerability is best but can be replaced to mathc your needs. Perhaps enfeeble when feeling uncomfortable? Note that both COH and Curses will stay low levels are we’re rather dumb! (lack intelligence )

Defensive set up:
Cast when damage taken – Molten shell – Immortal call – Increased duration
I always use a level 64 target setup for CWDT, MS, and IC. Preventing 1.1k damage really helps versus big hits. Small hits are unlikely to be our problem.
I see many people playing without MS in their CWDT setup even in HC this is sheer folly as MS makes such a significant difference.

Golem – Blink arrow – Faster attacks – (Culling strike)
Amend as you see fit.

Enduring cry – Decoy - *your needs* x 2
We want enduring cry as it is important to keep charges up. We don’t want to rely on “getting hit” to do so although it can help in maintaining them.

Vaal Haste
Generally the 6th socket in my frenzy curse setup. Good for bosses.

Ok but how does it work?
Spoiler

First, using enduring cry is important as you want to maintain charges both for offensive (more damage) and defensive purposes (physical mitigation).

Then as possible curse / get frenzy charges up. They increase your damage notably.

Poison is strong. We have a lot of projectile damage, the “double dipping” is exploited like a 7 year old in cambodge xD.

Decoy totem is one of my favorite for at least 2 years. Trivialize Brutus and the like!

I recommend using an ample basalt of reflex. More phys mitigation, more evasion, and hopefully 2 shots at it if you get at least 20 extra charges.

Thanks for reading!

Mischief_<insert_something>
Last edited by Mischief67 on Jul 15, 2016, 5:57:38 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2016, 6:42:23 PM
Reserved.
Hi pretty neat! What kind of jewels are you using?
"
Kitsugi wrote:
Hi pretty neat! What kind of jewels are you using?

Recommended:

% projectiles (double dip)
% damage (double dip)
% life

Useful:

% chaos damage (poison)
% physical damage (base damage)
% attack speed (bow is higher)
% accuracy

Hope that helps!
Hi dude, can you add some videos for your nice build? I wanna see the clear speed on high lvled maps xD
Trading still sucks
"
Hi dude, can you add some videos for your nice build? I wanna see the clear speed on high lvled maps xD

I am only level 80 at the moment but sure!

I have to discover how to do that. Any recommendations as to which software to use?
Heyaa!
I like your build, but think that your skill tree isn't optimized.

I changed it a bit and came to the following result:
http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAVxBQUlCQVFNQWZzYllXR005X0l6UDlraGZQOEVFRkNCNWFPOE9xVzdBR25mamJ6c0IzSVRaUjM2OU5tVk52cWQxeTdlMjZtS05ma014MnNFdVUzVHQwMjhGTFkxOUlfWk5rbEJIN2c2amlqQjhVVWVOdndXMXd1d3FXMUxzdE1WaXJHeU1uYW8zMU8wX2hPLWk2aExoR28xYkpuXzcxQ013Y2Qyb1MzZzZRalk5NjJPMVNBTWVIMEVSTDBNMmVmWjREYlh5TlpMWXZmNlBUZU9tVnpyaDhrWC1Dc016V2hvLXo3M21EUEtseTVVRkNJbWE4VjFveXFsMmdzZ010TkVXdjJxTTlXX0lGS0xac05nbWxXSGlWVXRNXzA0cVc2OE5qZnpGSTlOdko1cHFoM2JqbjBwOWoyQjY3N0NyeElLSzhPbEd3QUVHeGwyazNkVjljNjBKOTdrV3V3PT0AEEFBQUNBQWZRQVFIMEFRQUEAAA==

A lot more inc Damage, a bit less life, no blood magic (but mana leech -> you can use at least 2 auras, to get a huge buff) and around same amount of points spent.

Btw I can highly recommend you to use Snake Bites instead of Poison Gem.
So you can use instead of Poison Gem - Added Chaos Gem.
In your case Added Chaos Gem should give a huge damage and poison damage boost.
It's also a lot better than Slower Projectiles or so.
In this case I would replace at least one Kaom's Way with a rare ring, since you can get your resistances Back and a lot more life.

Physical Projectile Attack Damage Gem may be replaced by an other Gem as well.. not sure which one would perform best.
"
Heyaa! I like your build.

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay in replying. Glad you like it :).

It's not a fancy guide with a video so it doesn't get visibility in the same way. I am fine with it though!

About the changes you propose:

- I'll have to test to see if mana regen won't be an issue. BM is very convenient.
- One less "kaom's way" means losing 4% physical and especially 3.8% life regen which is huge. I am only level 80 on that character but I tested it on my EQ Jug and the survivability with 2 can ludicrous. I'd trade it only for kaom's heart (so will need the resists bad on a ring)
- Damage is not an issue so I preferred to be full physical to avoid the problems linked to elemental reflect. That way I can go bonkers all the time without caring (did the same on my EQ).
- There would be 5.6% less life regen on the tree you propose.
- Snakebite is an excellent idea.

As you realized when going through the guide, and looking at your changes this build can be easily adapted.

Few questions:

- Do you think "fatal toxin" is a waste of skill point?
- There would be 5.6% less life regen on what you propose You do gain 100% physical though. Do you think it's worth it?

Note: Picture that. I actually made a similar one for EQ but since evasion is not good (armor gear) and we're using acro then I am using Blasphemy - Enfeeble. So --> fortify @ 25% damage reduction, enfeeble aura, 10 endurance charges, 6.9k hp @ lvl 90 without kaom's heart and I don't need the chest sockets. Except 1 hit KO I can't die, with kaom regen will be well over2k hps constantly. (don't use IC in this case it's crap, the regen and elemental reduction is better)
Last edited by Mischief67 on Jul 22, 2016, 6:45:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info