To all fellow POE Exiled from France my thoughts and prayers are with you

"
Boem wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Are you suggesting that you have transcended to a higher level of 'thinking' and 'judging' and 'recognizing' than the rest of us, and that society (and we, and you) don't have the words to describe the biological and psychological process of your brain?

I'm not convinced you can be both *not* a product of, or participant in society, and qualified to talk about the implications of this attack to society.

Why does it have to be higher or lower. What's wrong with different?

You should already realize that i think differently then most people living in society just from how i respond to this whole ordeal.

And why exactly should i be "qualified" in any way/shape or form to voice my opinion on a mater. your as free to discard it as rubbish as i am free to voice it, no?

your basically implying that everybody living outside the borders of society has no say or opinion on this mater or even if they have, it should be discarded. doesn't that imply some form of circlejerk within society that's inapt at criticism?

That seems poor for growth.

Peace,

-Boem-

Yes, I said "higher", you did not, but "different" would suit the purpose just fine. I don't know why I left that post open ended, as it reads more hostile than I intended. I had already made my mind up as to which one I thought had to bend - you are qualified to talk about the subject, and I think you've mis-evaluated how removed from society you are (or perhaps want to be).

After all, you frequent a video game forum, you went out of your way to get to the 'off topic' section, where you know game discussion won't be happening. You then clicked on a thread that strongly implied a notable social event happened, then took the time to offer an opinion.

In any event, I still maintain that concerning ("You think a problem that is inherently dual in nature can be solved by judging?") the problem is not dual in nature, and that we must start with judgements on a number of points. While the judgements in and of themselves don't solve anything, they form a basis for action.
"
1 thing missing in this pic: Keep funding and arming terrorists in the middle east to remove Assad from his position as fairly elected president.

<sarcasm> Don't be hatin on Hillary and Obama's plan now, they had a vision and just because a minor detail like ISIS emerged from the chaos, doesn't mean it's not still a good plan.</sarcasm>.

OTH - If anyone actually thinks Assad was ever fairly elected, I have some Nigerian Bank transactions you might find interesting.

You DO have one of these pictures on your Fridge, one on your living room wall and of course above your bed to show your undying allegiance to his munificence, don't you?

If you don't have the suggested minimum number of Assad portraits hanging up at your home, some serious people will have to stop by and reaffirm your fealty options.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Aye, my impression was that Bashar was like the third or fourth child of his family, and definitely not anyone's first choice to succeed Hafez. He was the least capable of running a country among his siblings, but somehow ended up at the front of the line, despite having learned nothing of value from watching his father rule for however many decades.
"
Antnee wrote:
Please, pick a majority-muslim nation, Dirk. Go there.

Now openly admit to being gay in the street. Or, that you're an Atheist. Or, that you're a muslim, but you think Mohammed was wrong about something. Or, that you used to be Muslim.

At their very best, they hold views of the most hardcore Christian conservatives (American). Why left-leaning people idolize their religion is totally beyond my comprehension.

Saying that the terrorists weren't Islamic is no-true-Scotsman, and you know it. They are as Islamic as Westboro Baptist is Christian.

I'm not even talking about terrorism, for what it's worth. As an Atheist, "moderate" Islam makes me very uncomfortable. That being said, genocide (and real talk: that's the natural conclusion of all these... discussions) is not a fucking option for a country that professes to be free.

Better get used to moderate muslims. You atheists don't have kids. Muslim do a lot. Simple math.

Anyway. These Terrorists are not Muslims they are gangsters. Every report about them is drug uses, thieves or otherwise screwed up. This latest guy didnt even attend mosque.

You need to stop blaming muslims and blame lost boys.
http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/12/for-lost-boys-like-micah-johnson-any-ideology-is-an-excuse-to-kill/

Same MO with Dylan Roof, Michah the cop muderer or these islamists who latch onto any ideology to kill.

I'm very conservative like Ayn Rand Libertarian and my party makes me more uncomfortable than muslims.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 15, 2016, 10:28:35 PM
"
innervation wrote:

In any event, I still maintain that concerning ("You think a problem that is inherently dual in nature can be solved by judging?") the problem is not dual in nature, and that we must start with judgements on a number of points. While the judgements in and of themselves don't solve anything, they form a basis for action.

That's fair game, but let me preemptively offer my condolences to all the innocent bystanders when these "actions" are set into motion, if ever, given the idle nature of the EU as a whole and it's complete lack of power when it comes to taking those actions.

Considering the past, they will pas judgement, the end.

And when they break that routine, i reckon it might be time to thin the world population.

Bottom line is, if "we" retaliate we will do so in the same fashion as the "terrorists",
since monkey do what monkey see.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Anyway. These Terrorists are not Muslims they are gangsters. Every report about them is drug uses, thieves or otherwise screwed up. This latest guy didnt even attend mosque.

So you can be a gangster and a Muslim, we call them 'Muslim gangsters'. 'Muslim' describes your beliefs about a set of decrees, proscriptions, and truth statements found in the Quran and Hadith. 'Gangster' describes some of your daily activities, and the company you keep.

The reporting coming out on his habits of faith are suspect, but I haven't read anything the past 6 hours. I'm skeptical about the reporting because he wasn't on any French, British, or American terror watch lists, and he was only known to local police because of a few 'routine' crimes (and I hate referring to domestic violence as a routine crime but...reality and all that :( ). That means no one was spying on him. That means they don't know how often he prayed, or whether or not he attended mosque. They would know that he didn't attend any mosque that is under surveillance for being radical, but not that he didn't attend at all.

His neighbors said he wasn't "overtly religious" but that is a rather vague description, and still leaves open a ton of more accurate descriptors that he might have been.

In any event, even if I didn't know any of those facts - multiple eye witnesses said that he shouted those now infamous and expected two words, and that pretty much sums it up. What truly non-religious person would want everyone to know - with both his dying breath and his victims - that God is great?
Last edited by innervation on Jul 15, 2016, 10:27:19 PM
You're not supposed to kill in Islam. OFC CIA created Muslim brotherhood and USG relentless support for gangster bandit Saudi arabia since the 1930s and her proselytizing whabbism/takfirism has some muslim who think different

@also Antee you used to be able to do all those things in much of Muslim world including Saddams Iraq and Assad's syria most recently. We are wiping out all vestiges of liberalism though and installing gangsters to complete theocracy in ME

Thank your girl Hillary for making Libya from progressive and highest educated women in the world into wahhabi jihad playground.

You really need to educate yourself in how USA and west in general fucked up the ME he is a peice by a liberal you may respect since I know you wont read Ron Paul
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/rfk-jr-why-arabs-dont-trust-america-213601
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 15, 2016, 11:29:25 PM
"
His neighbors said he wasn't "overtly religious"

How could they know? Didn't they say they were rarely talking to him because he seemed violent and drunk/drugged?

Maybe I missed some stuff though.

edit: Woops yeah you're right I forgot about alcohol being forbidden D:
Great posts m8s
Last edited by Jaille on Jul 16, 2016, 12:40:49 AM
"
Jaille wrote:
"

How could they know? Didn't they say they were rarely talking to him because he seemed violent and drunk/drugged?

Islam forbides alcohol. The guy was influenced by radical islam because he was a complete loser and without a purpose in life and ISIS gives you an easy path to be part of something 'bigger', but outside of that he didn't really give a fuck about religion. A lot of descendents of migrants in Europe that ended working for ISIS are at that category. Current problems at France have less to do with current refugees and more about the failed integration process for complex reasons that of course include religion (and terrorism is not even that new, it's a problem from many years ago).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 16, 2016, 12:04:34 AM
"
Jaille wrote:
"

Yes, those were my intuitions as well, which is why I said I'm skeptical of some of the reporting. That seems like a rare thing to say for someone without being led there by the question - how often do you include 'overtly' to any questions asked to you? Unless they specifically asked the neighbor 'was he overtly religious?'.

And as you point out, your relationship with your neighbors will dictate a lot of what you know about them. And housing style/arrangement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info