HOW do you deal with volatile monster mod as melee?

they need to remove this fucking stupid mod from the game, and what pisses me off more than anything is the amount of noobs complaining about melee because they cant build a character right, which means they never get a proper melee char into endgame to find out how fucking broken this mod is so they never actually complain about what really needs changed because theyre too busy getting gibbed by white rhoas and bears in a lvl72 map.

Anything that can essentially 1 shot you for killing it in melee range without giving you time to avoid the damage is broken, im not willing to humor any other opinions on it, its fucking broken and needs changed.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Don't play melee.
I might be biased because I specced specifically for melee Poison, but Viper Strike is great for "fire and forget" style melee. Stack a few poisons on a Volatile Xblood, run away, watch it explode onto nothing! It's quite good
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
AintCare wrote:
AFAIK you can't block/evade it, there is no delay so you can't run away...

As a melee I was forced to equipped a wand on a weapon swap with power siphon and finish them from a distance.... but that's just a gimmick solution in my opinion

Earthquake is the answer for me in this league. Attack one, move away and watch rare mob go boom. EQ delayed 2nd attack serves for this purpose very well.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:46:06 PM
The best solution people can say is "use totem" - which is true - but why is it always melee users who have to bend over backwards and either get 9K HP (which is laughable) or use dumb bandaid "fixes" just to play this fking game?

Volatile Blood is just another stupid relic mechanic which GGG is too lazy to remove, or too inept to see that it has no place in the game.

Want to buff melee? Ok, stop giving us useless trigger gems and more totems and start by removing Voaltile Blood.

People have been complaining about Volatile Blood since years ago. You can search forums and see posts since 2013! smdh.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jul 19, 2016, 3:54:35 PM
You're not wrong. Stacking that much hp isn't feasible except for very few builds. It also requires having gear with top tier life rolls, so even if you can, it's expensive to do so.

GGG do have reasons(good or bad) for most design choices, but volatiles have to go.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
1. I don't do maps with -maxres
2. Stack life, as it will be elemental dmg anyway, that screws you up
3. Check map mods, since extra elemental dmg adds up to theese explosions as well
4. Check monster mods and if you know the map mods are adding up against you, just don't kill volatiles
5. Don't play in party, as it adds extra life to them, the normal extra maxlife mod still is not that dangerous.
Theese things don't apply if you are playing flicker strike with 2k life, 5 offensive curse with a tabula rasa, because in that case the problem is with you, not with the volatiles.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 20, 2016, 11:15:46 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:46:27 PM
from the wiki:
"
Explodes upon death, dealing some (percentage of hit damage?) damage of the relevant elemental type in a small area of effect. It has also been speculated that the value used is a percentage of maximum life.

So nobody is sure enough, but I think it is counted as an explosion skill and in that case it should be scaled by damage mods and maxlife.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 20, 2016, 12:05:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info