Why Labyrinth Gameplay is Irreparably Broken in Two Words

Whining Bitches
"
Izaro needs some heavy nerfs to bring him down to the zone level. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that I be able to complete level 68 content at level 68, without being twinked as fuck.

I agree. I started a new character in Prophecy, and I'd been doing maps for 10 levels before I beat cruel Izaro. I had to be literally an entire difficulty and some endgame overlevelled.

But overlevelling makes the rest of the lab utterly trivial and irrelevant. Mowing down hordes of underlevelled crap is not at all engaging, but if you lower your guard in the slightest, you can be murdered by a trap in seconds. You must pay close attention, as your character ezmodes through all the junk.

The problem with the lab is that it's incredibly boring, but incredibly unforgiving of bored players. Nerfing Izaro would be one way to make the lab less boring (buffing everything else would also work. Remove either the peaks or valleys in the difficulty curve.)
Last edited by Kanil on Jul 14, 2016, 5:19:35 PM
"
Gaza wrote:
Requires skill

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

I sincerely hope you're joking. What skill? The skill to equip leap slam and some % life regen and then be able to sit pretty much any trap you please all day long? Name one trap besides the anti-movement-skill trap that doesn't work on. Just one.

The problem with Labyrinth was never that it was hard. It wasn't and isn't. The problem with Labyrinth is that months after release it's still the single most lopsided and imbalanced thing in the game, to the point of being utterly "Why even exist other than to waste some of my time?" trivial to some builds. Not even Haku (Mr. Today have a free daily, tomorrow suicide trying to rush through hordes of spamming totems (3+ on screen at once) and incessant ice storms or SRS AT THE SAME TIME in under 2 minutes) has anything on Labyrinth in terms of total lack of balance. While Qarl needs to go to town fixing Haku balance, Labyrinth is beyond anything he could ever hope to do to fix it.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
Whining about lab again? Common guys lab is so fun once you learn to play, just roll juggernaut and get skilled, i am running the lab right now, almost at last phase Izaro full key run about to get all that FAT LOOT and.....WAIT WHAT........

"
tkbowned wrote:
Whining about lab again? Common guys lab is so fun once you learn to play, just roll juggernaut and get skilled, i am running the lab right now, almost at last phase Izaro full key run about to get all that FAT LOOT and.....WAIT WHAT........

10/10 Bravo! lol
"
tkbowned wrote:

And that in a nutshell plus just how boring it is, is why I still haven't bothered to do lab on my current main. It's pure boredom to get something that, as-is, I'd rather see drop off the face of PoE anyways. If only the Ascendancy expansion itself had an Undo button... it would improve the game.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
It's fine.
No pause
no trade
no charged builds e.g. vaal skill builds (VMS, VRF, etc) and weak on full PC builds where 75% of DPS come from PC.

basically there are so many reasons it sucks hundreds of thread have been made. But those are my top complaints

I'd like to see portals and charges carry room to room especially boss room

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2016, 6:43:55 PM
Enchant System.
Casually casual.

I still don't understand why people complain so much about lab. If you want a challenge run it at/under level. I've ran it with about 3 HC characters this league before Dominus. It takes about an hour or so, full of butt clenching fun.

If you want to breeze through for easy ascendancy run it way over leveled. First build of the league or with characters I don't want to risk expensive gear on I will wait and run it a couple levels over. This allows you to focus on the traps.

It also gives players the option to boss/box farm with uber lab. I haven't started uber farming yet but I think I will at some point for fun, the RNG can really pay off in there.

For people complaining about disconnects you should probably run it at higher levels. With an un-optomized build I can run lab in about 15-20 minutes. If you happen to DC in that period of time the loss really isn't that bad. Also, I don't believe you can blame the game for disconnecting. In most cases it's your ISP and or other hardware issues on your end causing the problem, not POE.
IGN: StorminRH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info