Why Labyrinth Gameplay is Irreparably Broken in Two Words

"
Wruntjunior wrote:
Wrong Gametype (Trap style areas don't really belong in an ARPG)

Any basis for that claim?
Minority Report
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Wruntjunior wrote:

Going a different direction, labyrinths don't have traps, they are a maze with no maps to tell you where to go. Traps belongs in a dungeons. They can't even do that correctly.
What used to be an hourly gripe has now burnt out and we get one of these a week. Still worth talking about, but come on... quit just posting the same old dry memes.

They could fix the lab. Easy. Tune down Izzy to where you don't have to be 20 levels over him to take a hit. Sorry... but learning to avoid something entirely isn't what ARPGs are about. Add some mechanism for evasion to mitigate trap damage.

Problems solved... at least my problems with it.
"
Siochan wrote:
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Wruntjunior wrote:

Going a different direction, labyrinths don't have traps, they are a maze with no maps to tell you where to go. Traps belongs in a dungeons. They can't even do that correctly.

Doesn't answer the question at all, although I agree that there should be no map.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
What used to be an hourly gripe has now burnt out and we get one of these a week. Still worth talking about, but come on... quit just posting the same old dry memes.

They could fix the lab. Easy. Tune down Izzy to where you don't have to be 20 levels over him to take a hit. Sorry... but learning to avoid something entirely isn't what ARPGs are about. Add some mechanism for evasion to mitigate trap damage.

Problems solved... at least my problems with it.

When Lab first came out I went on a long rant about how the issue isn't the lab itself, but Izaro being hilariously overtuned. And I still stand by that statement. You don't overlevel because the lab is killing you, because the traps do fixed damage and the mobs are a joke. You overlevl because Izaro is a ball of stats. But because Izaro is so hard, you end up rushing the lab to try again. Frustrated rushing leads to dying to traps, which in turn gets you mad at the traps.

Izaro needs some heavy nerfs to bring him down to the zone level. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that I be able to complete level 68 content at level 68, without being twinked as fuck.
This is a buff™
"
almostdead wrote:

Doesn't answer the question at all, although I agree that there should be no map.

If there's no map, then the layout needs to change for every new instance. Or else it only alienates players who don't use 3rd party sites.
"
"
almostdead wrote:

If there's no map, then the layout needs to change for every new instance. Or else it only alienates players who don't use 3rd party sites.

People who don't use 3rd party sites are already at a big disadvantage - wouldn't make that big of a difference in my opinion.
"
almostdead wrote:
"
"
almostdead wrote:

People who don't use 3rd party sites are already at a big disadvantage - wouldn't make that big of a difference in my opinion.

In your opinion: it wouldn't make a difference
In my opinion: it would make a difference

Two opinions that don't matter at all.
too easy
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info