Daily Log In Bonuses?

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:39:09 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
ALSO PLZ GIVE FLYING MOUNTS AND DAILY QUEST TY BLIZZ

Hahaha exactly this, daily master missions are too much already.

Derailed Conversation

First, nice derail. Let me hop on.

Are we still pretending that Blizzard is anathema to good design? I'm bad at remembering what's in fashion.

Flying Mounts are great when ground movement speed is low and there's a lot of obstacles to navigate (mountains, for example). It's a false equivalency to present that an ARPG (with much more limited area for travel) would get flying mounts just because it got dailies; additionally, WoW dailies are not free loot, they are quests to either get rep or whatever currency so that you can get whatever, while the dailies suggested here that we know right-out wouldn't happen (GGG hates players getting XP, so rested xp won't happen) are reasonable (mtx discounts, boo more money for GGG?).

Outside of standard, most people doing daily master missions are doing 3-4 a day (usually Zana and 3 others). Even adding more masters won't change that, as getting a master to 8 without spamming master rotations (and potentially being scumbaggy) is very time-consuming.

Can we please stop using "THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING BLIZZARD WOULD DO!" as a derail for anything we don't like that Blizzard could conceivably do? You'd think they're the likes of Hitler with how people act here (you know, Hitler liked to drink water too!). An important thing to learn: the merits of an idea stand or fall independent of who came up with the idea, even if it's Blizzard (or basically Hitler).

Quasi-related note: It's funny that there are both people saying "DON'T BECOME BLIZZARD" and people saying "Well, we could use something like Greater Rifts" on the forums, though.

I would love to log in once a year even to 10% mtx discount (if we could get bigger point bundles without re-buying packs, at least).
Last edited by Wruntjunior on Jul 14, 2016, 1:41:04 PM
"
Wruntjunior wrote:

I would love to log in once a year even to 10% mtx discount (if we could get bigger point bundles without re-buying packs, at least).

What's wrong with daily deals?
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Wruntjunior wrote:

What's wrong with daily deals?

I don't think I was as clear in that post, but I'm talking more towards discounts on bundles (say, $18 for the 200 point bundle).

Nothing's wrong with daily deals (hell, I'm waiting on demon armor to circle back around). I just think that what's essentially loyalty discounts would sell even more packs AND engender good will...and considering that selling packs that wouldn't have sold anyways and then selling already existing MTXs is essentially more money, I think it's a good thing.
Chris said they'd never do this because it wouldn't be seen as a reward by those that log in rather a punishment to those that didn't (agree with him).

This game is a grind, but life's way too easy if you get medals for just showing up. Like you gotta work for something in this world.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Chris said they'd never do this because it wouldn't be seen as a reward by those that log in rather a punishment to those that didn't (agree with him).

This game is a grind, but life's way too easy if you get medals for just showing up. Like you gotta work for something in this world.

The first argument, I can definitely see and accept. I don't agree with it, but enough people will that it must be considered (especially with Chris saying it).

The second one - this game isn't a grind, it's a god damned lottery.
Fuck that. Master dailies are bad enough. I would be very disappointed if GGG tried to shove more daily bullshit down our throats.
I knew when I was playing peewee football and every kid got a guaranteed 7 plays per game reguarless of how fat and nonathletic they were trouble would come out of it:( We become the entitlement army.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 14, 2016, 7:48:32 PM
ONLY 14 minutes until Masters Reset! I'm so hyped!
Six MINUTES! OMG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info