The "Super-fan"

"

Y'know, when I see someone with a stack of supporter tags under their name, I don't see a fanboy. I see a narcissist. I honest to Christ don't think it matters what the game is, all that matters is that GGG is feeding your need to strut around like you're important. You're buying an ego boost.

And I thought i was salty. yeesh

Wont lie , being glowyer than you does give me some small amount of entertainment value.
but i think it is more likely i just think i dont particularly like looking like the result of a tornado going through a middle earth cosplayer's wardrobe oh and i like pants . pants looks good
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 14, 2016, 11:04:58 AM
"

Y'know, when I see someone with a stack of supporter tags under their name, I don't see a fanboy. I see a narcissist. I honest to Christ don't think it matters what the game is, all that matters is that GGG is feeding your need to strut around like you're important. You're buying an ego boost.

not really, truth is: there were times when one could show his appreciation of the game by having expensive ingame mtx, then ggg nerfed them by putting them on a 50% sale.

supporter titles are one of the last unspoiled signs of support (although the last pack was incredibly cheap).

---

if you draw a line between an argument of a post and the poster's supporter titles you're doing it wrong, not the player who has supported the game.

additionally, the people who supported the game are often the hardest critics, because disappointment about a certain game development requires former admiration of the game. and respective support.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
you should have seen some of my forums posts about the fusing system back in closed and open beta.
Wow people will seriously take ANYTHING GGG says and spin it, twist it, and then completely bash them. Why do you even play the game? If youre so unhappy with PoE then dont play it.

He's just saying when fans (community) support a game with say a $1000 then you should really make sure you design something great. Whining about this is stupid. If it werent for people spending money on PoE they wouldnt have been able to higher some of the recent devs they hired who's focus is to better the engine.

But lets ignore that? Lets just look at the surface and blame GGG constantly. That makes total sense. Lets ignore the fact that rarely any dev company does a Q&A with their community and actually gives real answers.

Lets ignore all the good things GGG does right and pick apart everything they do wrong. I actually hate reading the forums now. I was really into it but its nothing but flaming GGG. I'm only checking it for news now really.

Thanks PoE community. Becoming toxic like MOBA communities
"
DrazyHaze wrote:
Wow people will seriously take ANYTHING GGG says and spin it, twist it, and then completely bash them. Why do you even play the game? If youre so unhappy with PoE then dont play it.

He's just saying when fans (community) support a game with say a $1000 then you should really make sure you design something great. Whining about this is stupid. If it werent for people spending money on PoE they wouldnt have been able to higher some of the recent devs they hired who's focus is to better the engine.

But lets ignore that? Lets just look at the surface and blame GGG constantly. That makes total sense. Lets ignore the fact that rarely any dev company does a Q&A with their community and actually gives real answers.

Lets ignore all the good things GGG does right and pick apart everything they do wrong. I actually hate reading the forums now. I was really into it but its nothing but flaming GGG. I'm only checking it for news now really.

Thanks PoE community. Becoming toxic like MOBA communities

The inverse is true, too. I remember when GGG said they couldn't revert legacy items because of technical limitations/issues. This was used to prop up the argument that legacy items are part of the game, people deserve to reap rewards for getting them, etc., etc.

Fast forward to today, and we have had several unique nerfs that included nerfing legacy ones, and the qq was real.

Or the GGG desync manifesto, that was pointed out to anyone complaining about desync - desync is good, there's nothing to "fix", it's working as intended, you can't change the laws of physics, blah blah.

Fast forward to today, guess what? Desync was "fixed" after all.

This community has been "toxic" from the beginning. HC elitists branding "scrubcore", the bullying of anyone complaining about the game (the aforementioned desync era was bad).

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

technically legacy items are part of the game. ggg is on record as saying this. This doesn’t mean they dont attempt to avert making them and they do try to fix things where they can.

alot of the retroactive legacy nerfs just worked out because ggg just happened to find a balance solution that happened to be applicable to all items in a blanket fashion.

you could say its a neutral stance. they wont go out of their way to nerf legacy items if it would take unreasonable effort to do so. nor will they give one shit if a resource efficient solution happens to fix or nerf a special snowflake's legacy item.
"

Ouch, how jelly, that hurts.

Don't be angry, poor boy, we're paying for you so you can play and rant in forums for free.

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

[...]
oh and i like pants . pants looks good

This. That game is all about pay for pants, thats the truth.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Jul 15, 2016, 3:28:51 PM
It was so fucking hot today, I bought a super fan:

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:40:35 PM
"
"My advice to people monetising free games is to better consider the super-fan and their desires." -Chris Wilson.

Yup...sounds about right for every design decision that has ever been put in this game for sure. Buck up free-to-players...with enough money maybe your tears will be wiped away by the hand of THE RNGesus himself...

The Q&A was a very interesting read.

Let's tackle this. This person is all that's wrong with the world of online games. People who get a service that keeps them entertained for days on end, for literally free if they choose to do so, complaining that people who spend money get some made-up RNG blessing, what a load of carp. Did I take the bait hook line and sinker or should i disdain at the incredibly overwhelming entitlement of people who pay bugger all but expect the world? Reality check, you paid nothing, and you're not being penalised, what a travesty. This game's evolution has been incredible and kept me playing for years, Cod knows how many other games I've paid for and played less than 2 hours. The game is honest from the get-go. It's not like you've been catfished.

I put money into it because I'm not a bloody cheapskate, I respect that work costs money and I feel like I've landed on a reel good game. You can't even argue that the free2players are the lifeblood of this game because unlike others it can be played solo. Listen chum, if you don't like it, sling your hook and find another fish to fry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info