The "Super-fan"

"
LOOZING wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:

As a "supporter" who has dropped more money on this game than any other paid game, I can say I haven't felt satisfied. The problem is that the game is constantly changing, so what I felt was worth supporting before is no longer the case. I don't like the pay-2-trade tabs. I don't like how they're selling the rip-off mystery boxes when you can't do anything with repeat mtx's. I don't like xp balance around the 1%. I don't like the declining game stability/bugs/poor/worse optimization with each subsequent league. I don't like I still can't sort my MTX tabs. I don't like that GGG is still relying on 3rd party solutions for their horrible trade.

I also have to question that with all these problems, and the excuses I hear that GGG can only work on so many things at once, they ARE spending dev time and resources (that I gave them money for) to develop the game for other countries (the upcoming chinese release is a big one). Again, I wouldn't really have a problem with this last one IF long running issues were taken care of (3 years, still no sortable MTX stash, no guild tools, no trade system, etc.) and league patches weren't so damn bad with optimization, server stability, bugs, etc. I don't have a problem with GGG trying to grow the game. I do have a problem when it feels like it's growing the game at the expense of not taking care of old issues, and introducing new ones.
Yet no matter how unhappy people are they continue to buy supporter packs for "bragging" rights. Doesn't send much of a message to GGG.

I haven't bought a supporter pack since Awakening. Over a year ago? Count me as one who is voting with my wallet. Keeping it shut.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

translation for the bleak masses:

"Pay us a lot and we will make the game to your liking"
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
translation for the bleak masses:

"Pay us a lot and we will make the game to your liking"

Support to design == support to win
"
LOOZING wrote:
.Yet no matter how unhappy people are they continue to buy supporter packs for "bragging" rights. Doesn't send much of a message to GGG.

Some of us still like the direction of the game you know.

I mean yeah there are many that feel the game lost itself along the way but fundamentally poe is still better than the majority of arpgs out there .

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jul 14, 2016, 7:35:02 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
LOOZING wrote:
.Yet no matter how unhappy people are they continue to buy supporter packs for "bragging" rights. Doesn't send much of a message to GGG.

I mean yeah there are many that feel the game lost itself along the way but fundamentally poe is still better than the majority of arpgs out there .

Exactly this. But we're going to be accused as GGG fanboys. <.<
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Chris and team are awesome. You have misunderstood my friend
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's worth noting that Chris is exclusively talking about microtransactions, not the actual game.

Game? What game?
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
LOOZING wrote:

Exactly this. But we're going to be accused as GGG fanboys. <.<

Y'know, when I see someone with a stack of supporter tags under their name, I don't see a fanboy. I see a narcissist. I honest to Christ don't think it matters what the game is, all that matters is that GGG is feeding your need to strut around like you're important. You're buying an ego boost.
This is a buff™
Naa. Those guys just truly like the game. Nothing wrong with that.

I liked the earlier iterations a lot too!
"
Druga1757 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
Appealing to the high spending fans does make sense though. If a player wants to spend hundreds or even thousands on a game, no reason to stop them so long as they feel satisfied with what they're purchasing.

As a "supporter" who has dropped more money on this game than any other paid game, I can say I haven't felt satisfied. The problem is that the game is constantly changing, so what I felt was worth supporting before is no longer the case. I don't like the pay-2-trade tabs. I don't like how they're selling the rip-off mystery boxes when you can't do anything with repeat mtx's. I don't like xp balance around the 1%. I don't like the declining game stability/bugs/poor/worse optimization with each subsequent league. I don't like I still can't sort my MTX tabs. I don't like that GGG is still relying on 3rd party solutions for their horrible trade.

I also have to question that with all these problems, and the excuses I hear that GGG can only work on so many things at once, they ARE spending dev time and resources (that I gave them money for) to develop the game for other countries (the upcoming chinese release is a big one). Again, I wouldn't really have a problem with this last one IF long running issues were taken care of (3 years, still no sortable MTX stash, no guild tools, no trade system, etc.) and league patches weren't so damn bad with optimization, server stability, bugs, etc. I don't have a problem with GGG trying to grow the game. I do have a problem when it feels like it's growing the game at the expense of not taking care of old issues, and introducing new ones.
Spoiler

I totally agree.

bump +1

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info