The Secret Cookbook of a Bachelor Exile

FRIED PICKLES, BITCHES! GIT REKT M8!

Naw, but seriously, I made these earlier. Took a picture on my phone and decided to share.

Ingredients:

- Pickles, herp derp! I used bread and butter pickles.
- Flour
- Eggs
- Cornmeal

Preparation:

Pre-heat your deep fryer to 350F.
Crack 2 eggs, put them in a bowl, scramble them up well.
Have another bowl with flour.
Have another bowl with corn meal.

#1 - Coat pickles with flour.
#2 - Coat pickles with egg.
#3 - Coat pickles in cornmeal.
#4 - Drop pickes in the deep fryer for 4-5 minutes.
#5 - Sprinkle some spice on them, like cajun spice, or just plain salt is fine too.
Might have to break out my chili recipe- with pics- for you all this weekend.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
Looks good Smiley, added it to the list :)

"
Might have to break out my chili recipe- with pics- for you all this weekend.

I think you have to, yeah, but I might be biased here.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The same method for the breading works for onions and banana peppers as well. Or other vegetables. Even fried green tomatoes.

For peppers and onions, you want to boil them first. About 5-6 minutes, or until they're semi-translucent. Also, the outside surface of banana peppers is really slick, and I was able to get the bread to stick better to those by roughing those surfaces up with a grater first. Prior to boiling them. Tomatoes cook fast, so no need to boil those.

The flour before egg step is pretty important. I used to just egg wash stuff and dip it, until I asked the waitress at this bar I used to go to how they did their onion rings and peppers. The flour mixes with the egg wash and makes it stickier than it would be with just egg alone. And allows the cornmeal to stick better.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Dec 9, 2016, 10:32:50 PM
Pizza forever! I can eat it every day and it's easy to cook.
You need:
Wheat flour 800g
Olive oil 30mL
Salt 15g
Yeast 4g
Water 0.5L
For the top:
Pepperoni 80g
Mozzarella 120g
Tomato Sauce 50g
Butter 10g
To prepare a dough: Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Mix the flour, salt, olive oil and pour the yeast water into that mixture then knead the dough. Close the lid, select program, cook for 30 minutes. And here I need to explain. I'm absolutely lazy, all I cook I cook in multicooker. And all my recipes I get from the multicooker blog: https://multicooker.com/uk/ So I describe this as I do it. Then take 120g of the dough and roll it out into a circle equal to the diameter of the bowl.
After this: Slice the pepperoni and mozzarella, grease the bowl with the butter and spread the dough evenly in the bowl. Distribute the tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella. Set the program for 30 minutes. End.

I'm not a great food photographer, sorry :(

Last edited by BiBig on Dec 13, 2016, 2:43:25 PM
Spoiler
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Gorramit, raics! I was already hungry, and then you post this! =>[.]<=

Yup me too missed lunch today, nice work Raics
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Simple One Pot Lentil Soup

4-5 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped tiny or a couple spoonfuls of pre minced garlic from a jar.

1 pound of lean ground beef (optional, just leave it out if you want)
brown with the garlic in good sized (5 qt?) dutch oven, drain excess fat

large dice 1 large yellow onion

medium slice 4-5 medium carrots and 4-5 celery stalks.

toss veggies in the pot with the meat, or put some olive oil in the pot if you aren't using meat

cover and sweat until the onions begin to go clear. Stir occasionally

salt sparingly and pepper furiously (to taste of course, don't get silly)

add about 1 tablespoon ground cumin. Maybe 2 tablespoons... I don't know, I just dump in kind of a lot.

one quart chicken stock and one quart vegetable stock

one 15 oz can of diced tomatoes

one can of ro-tel tomatoes (use hot, or add a serrano or two if you like heat like I do)

one bag of lentils (what's that about a pound I guess?)

Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Maybe it sounds like a lot but it's not bad. I can get a pot going in about 15 minutes and it usually lasts us a few days.

Variation! skip the carrots and about half the cumin, and leave out the hot peppers. Before even doing the garlic, peel and dice up 2 or 3 medium sized parsnips, then brown them in olive oil in the dutch oven. Remove from pot and set aside until it's time to add the chicken and vegetable stock.

Last edited by SSF_Bernie on Dec 13, 2016, 7:17:52 PM
Awesome contributions fellow ghetto gourmets :)

Especially this lentil soup, I'll have to try it out.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
Awesome contributions fellow ghetto gourmets :)

Especially this lentil soup, I'll have to try it out.

Yes, lots of good looking stuff for sure in this tasty thread! Hope you enjoy the lentils as much as I do. I'm going to have to try the Coastal Moussaka soon myself. Looks a lot like the scalloped potatoes I make but with fish instead of sausage. And I'm a fish lover from ALL the way back.
I made the coastal moussaka today =)

I went with the garlic, fresh basil and lemon zest in my sauce. The fish was frozen mahi mahi, thawed and cut into chunks. I used white potatoes and left the skins on, I enjoyed the extra texture and it cut out a step (bonus!). I also chose to use the rice, but it came out about half cooked with a lot of crunchy bits of rice. The flavor was really nice and the rice wasn't exactly raw, it just needed to be wetter.

It was definitely good enough to try again but next time I need to try something different with the rice. I may just leave it out but I think I like to keep it if I can get the texture right. So how do you get your rice done right? I'm not sure if I needed to precook it like I did the potatoes, or maybe I could start by covering the bottom of the baking dish witht the rice so the liquid could completely cover it.

Anyway, thanks for the recipe! Could become a favorite with just a minor tweak.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info