Crest of Perandus Theory

So I've had that particular unique before, but I reread the flair at the bottom and thought those words curious "With Piety and Justice"-Perandus Motto

Lore states that Piety was a prostitute practicing thaumaturgy and was arrested and brought before Dominus. Then he lets her go and makes her his right-hand woman. Theory states that it's because she told him of the power in Wraeclast. Which could be. But what if she is also a descendant of the Perandus family?

Perandus league says otherwise in it's description. But that could be to throw us off the trail (or it could be true, Perandus Family is dead as dead).

Could be a coincidence, but what if it's not?!
Last edited by gloryhole88 on Jul 12, 2016, 9:36:26 PM
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2016, 9:34:53 PM
Her name is Vinia.

Before the events of Path of Exile, Piety was known by the name Vinia in Oriath, where she funded her practise of thaumaturgy through prostitution. Due to her crimes she was condemned to burn in a pyre, but before her execution took place she supped with High Templar Dominus, who had come to hear her confession. However, Vinia was able to convince Dominus to let her live. It is possible, though never directly stated, that she achieved this by sharing her knowledge of the powers lying dormant in Wraeclast. The fact that the banishment of criminals to the continent began after Vinia was pardoned by Dominus supports the theory. After Vinia was granted her amnesty she enjoyed the patronage of Dominus, who made her his right-hand woman and gave her the name "Piety" to reflect her new loyalties.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
I know all that. "Piety and Justice" reminds me of Piety and Dominus, seeing how he is basically the legal authority in Theopolis. Her real name is negligible. It's her chosen/given name that is curious...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info