What ever happened to 'freeze peach'.

So, I was away from the game for a while, as GMs were always muting me for bullshit reasons and I kinda get bored when I can't trashtalk and rage at others. That being said:

1 - What ever happened to free speech? I can't offend people in chat, that is utterly sad.

2 - How come SJWs can fuck me around in chat and when I decide to fuck with them and the make references to [Removed by Support] I get a painfully long mute?

3 - I always thought poe would be an adult only game, but looks like kids and safe spaces are all the rage right now, why is that? These people getting a grip on GGG too?

Tyvm, with hate, from me.

P.S.: If that doesn't concern you, gtfo.
Last edited by Sarah on Jul 12, 2016, 8:00:24 PM
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2016, 8:00:07 PM
"
Sinniz wrote:
So, I was away from the game for a while, as GMs were always muting me for bullshit reasons and I kinda get bored when I can't trashtalk and rage at others. That being said:

1 - What ever happened to free speech? I can't offend people in chat, that is utterly sad.

2 - How come SJWs can fuck me around in chat and when I decide to fuck with them and the make references to kikebooks I get a painfully long mute?

3 - I always thought poe would be an adult only game, but looks like kids and safe spaces are all the rage right now, why is that? These people getting a grip on GGG too?

Tyvm, with hate, from me.

P.S.: If that doesn't concern you, gtfo.

Remember how globe girls got removed. Yeah...
This thread is going places.

*grabs popcorn*
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!

I wish peaches drop in this game, so I crit on them with my cold spells. That way the skellies has a reason to defrost them.

Spoiler
On the serious note, free speech does not imply immunity to insult.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 12, 2016, 5:21:42 PM
Yeah, it's like a systematic form to fuck with me in everything I do. Here in Brazil people can't actually voice their concerns on this kind of stuff. We had a law being passed to "Protect ones honor" ffs. Now I try to play poe all happy thinking I could actually talk, lure a few rages and finally at some point end up in an open conversation with an adult and boom: double mute!

Last time was like this and I thought it was a newly recruited kid going nuts to use GM powers, now I think they are siding with the EU in the censorship thing.

http://yournewswire.com/france-begin-shutting-down-alternative-news-websites/

That is prolly gonna be GGG in a few months.

To the dude Up there:

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist" by Undoomed.
Last edited by Sinniz on Jul 12, 2016, 5:30:32 PM
This world is an illusion, exile. - Dominus the High Templar

The idea of freedom of speech being truly free is an illusion.

Edit: You were better off not making this thread on this topic and sent a PM to Support to present a case that you felt that you were unjustly muted.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 12, 2016, 5:41:13 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
This world is an illusion, exile. - Dominus the High Templar

The idea of freedom of speech being truly free is an illusion.

Edit: You were better off not making this thread on this topic and sent a PM to Support to present a case that you felt that you were unjustly muted.

1 - Not an illusion, social crap is getting in the way of important things.

2 - Sending a message to [Removed by Support] to complain about [Removed by Support] leads to nothing. Pressure makes the cause.

Edit: I was hoping for a discussion over this, but it looks like it won't get anywhere. Cya.
Last edited by Sarah on Jul 12, 2016, 7:49:33 PM
"
The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).

Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

Article 19 additionally states that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "[f]or respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "[f]or the protection of national security or of public order (order public), or of public health or morals".
Wikipedia article

Article 19, International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights

US Specific, due to 1st Amendment reference

Also, I think you're getting a little confused as to exactly what "free speech" involves.
Free speech is complicated even in just the one nation.

Oh, and I don't think you actually have the right to free speech when playing an online game, at least so far as you seem to understand it.
There's an End-User-Licence Agreement or Terms and Conditions and a Code of Conduct.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jul 12, 2016, 6:44:55 PM
Sinniz, I agree with you that social crap is getting in the way of things, and too much SJW bullshit whatever is taking up a lot of resources and time that could be devoted to better stuff.

However, the stuff you want to talk about is not better stuff. If you are spouting your moronic crap, and SJWs are spouting their moronic crap, then if GGG mutes you then we only have to listen to half as much crap as before.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 12, 2016, 6:47:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info