Smooooth Gameplay..

G'day ...

I've been playing D3 Rifts for a few days.

The game play is so smooth, no glitches, no disconnects, and the graphics on a large monitor are awesome!

Damn, I had almost forgotten how good Blizzard's game engine is.

Rift's are what PoE needs.

On a new game engine.

Even with their old current game engine...:)

Last bumped on Jul 13, 2016, 6:40:38 PM
Glad you enjoy it. Don't expect GGG to turn PoE into D3 for you. If you enjoy "smooth" play, you'll have to give up all the interactions that make PoE combat multi-dimensional. You'll have D3's "click=hit" mechanism. Makes for easy coding, and "smooth" play, but it takes out all the interesting things that can happen when you add evasion and locational effects into play.
yeah man I miss the stable environment of D3. I don't miss anything else though.

If GGG made the game more stable, it would be DA BOMB!
No. It wouldn't. You think that it would because you don't understand what you have to give up for it to be stable.
ActiBlizz - Billions of dollars
GGG - Not so much

That is it in a nutshell
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
ActiBlizz - Billions of dollars
GGG - Not so much

That is it in a nutshell

thats only a part of it. Basically it is what Shags is saying, incomparable mechanics complexity (chance to hit, action interruption, moving through enemies, etc) + D3's "cheating" on certain mechanics aspects (for example: when you are next to monster when it initiates its melee attack, you will get hit no matter how far away you move before the hit lands..)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

D3 is a very nice change from PoE.

It's like ... a holiday :)

After you've been working hard for a long while, it's a time away from the stress and troubles.

Time to relax a bit and just enjoy yourself.

Smooth, professional, straightforward monster killing and looting with no hassles. :)

I've been enjoying it immensely.

PoE is ... well, PoE is hard work. In comparison.

I don't want PoE to become like D3 though. We need diversity and challenges in our game play and life.

However, after giving it some thought, and playing D3 again straight after PoE, it really shows up the many faults in this game.

Honestly, it makes PoE seem like .... something thrown together by some guys in a garage......... :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info