new funny trick from the 2.3 version ...

got plague maw 4 prophecy,did it,got a lot of currencies from the unique arcanist chest,disconnected from server,re-log......AND NO MORE CURRENCIES IN MY INVENTORY......!!!!!!

2.3 is a real funny piece of .... (performance issue,xp nerf,useless league...ect) isn't it..?

if i didn't spend so much time from 2013 and got so much hope to get things better in 2.4,i surely would erase that game from my pc ....enough is enough.

have fun
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2016, 10:54:40 AM
but, shouldnt you get the prophecy back then?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I feel your pain man, i lost 5link harvest in perandus thanks to rollback.
And about performance - it's shitty, seeing fps drop to 1 in daily rotas and map parties annoys me (and reminds me of perandus).
If i wouldn't be so addicted to poe i would uninstall it after all those disconect issues when going to highgate or in uber lab.
That day was a quiet night, I woke up from a nightmare...
It was crazy and confusing, I saw a Mirror of Kalandra...
But then I remembered...
Then I realized the devastating truth ...
This world is an illusion, Exile.
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

nope....that's wat made me salty....
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
I farmed for a midnight to do one last atziri before bed a few days ago and once I got in, got disconnected and lost the map. They need better rollback features.
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

nope....that's wat made me salty....

Ok, so you need to go on a low sodium, low stress diet. Bye bye PoE.

But seriously, the more GGG tweaks the PoE engine, the rougher QoP gets and Prophecy had some major code changes to do more background loading of assets. So now I can get to login screen in only a few secs. (SSD) which is nice but is not a good trade-off for poorer overall performance and more latency spikes to the Dallas or D.C. realms (fortunately I'm in SW Florida and don't have to deal with the California realm problems of late). Until patch 2.3.1 came out it was all but impossible to find a time when the latency spikes were few enough to play. So I lost first 3 weeks waiting until the beta of Prophecy was patched to just be playable and keep the sound on which has soured me on Prophecy and put me off playing the temp league at all. Fortunately I have amassed enough unique gear from my playing since CB time to now try some other builds that look interesting in Standard League so that is what I'm doing until 2.4.0 and next 3 month league.

What happened to Alpha server and players to test and debug PoE before going live for all to rage post that PoE is unplayable? In GGG's thinking that they must push out the next challenge league every 3 months or die from player-base collapse that they don't have the time to test and debug that the 4 month temp league cycle allowed. I think GGG is doing us a dis-service by shortening the development cycle and making us all be beta testers. Free to play shouldn't mean we have to suffer this many new league flaws.

I've not lost any great gear I got from Perandus due to a rollback but then I fortunately never suffered from chest guardian mob lag that many complained about. Don't know why Perandus League ran so smoothly on my old MSI Hawk 6870 gpu but it did. Then Prophecy is pushed out and wham, performance is shot to hell. It's all GGG coding changes for better resource management that has screwed up my QoP. I have 8 GB ram so I don't care if GGG can squeeze PoE down to run in 3 GB XP 32-bit OS. GGG needs to stop supporting 32-bit Windows and compile PoE for 64-bit memory model and make minimum OS be 64-bit Windows 7 (no one should still be using Vista... ugh!).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Haven't had any performance problems, but that doesn't deny they exist for many people. But it does indicate that their changes to the game do work for SOME players. The question is... why don't they work for all players? Dunno. Maybe it's regional. I live in California less than 200 miles from the California server. Stable as a rock. I don't think the infrastructure of SoftLayer is uniform around the globe. That could be a cause. I also sense that GGG plans for a rig almost exactly like mine. 8 year old processor with a 3 year old video card. Been holding off upgrading my rig mainly because people with more modern computers (multi-core processors) seem to run PoE poorly. They also seem to simply hope that cards other than GeForce will work, while designing their game based on that particular type of card. Dunno.

It would really help solve the problems if people who have them would put half as much energy that they put into bitching about it into providing GGG with the information they need to make it better.
I wish I understood what sort of rig GGG does expect. Played the game a lot on a rig like you describe, old, old processor, old video card. Once 2.2.2 came out, game started making my comp black screen and reboot. Turns out that my vid card was overheating. Did 2.2.2 change something about the way PoE uses graphics cards, or did a fault develop in my card that happened to coincide exactly with 2.2.2? I'll never know, I guess - I couldn't get any useful information out of support. Can't play the game now, but my computer still runs fine for everything but PoE. I still come to the forums from time to time, as I miss the game, and have been thinking of buying/building a new rig - but I've no real clue what I need to be able to play.
A couple of guild mates said that the game rolled back for them yesterday while I was on, but nothing happened to me ( I am connected to Cali gateway same as Shags)
They are in EU so maybe it was specific to that region?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info