End game changes mega discussion thread/questionnare.

"
raics wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:
They took Eternal Orbs away because there were too many godly items being made. They are not going to up currency drops so that everyone can play, because that would just increase the rate at which godly items are made, which is antithetical to their design philosophy.

I think there's a lot wiggling room there. Eternals were scrapped because it was way too easy to create a mirror class item if you're uber rich, not because everyone and his grandma was crafting so we don't really have any solid proof they have something against more players at least dabbling in it. And for that to happen, the market cost and crafting cost have to be at least in the same ballpark, not an order of magnitude apart.

Thing is, if you are uber rich and understand how to use masters, you can still craft mirror class items. Won't be as easy as with eternals, but if drops were increased, it would become comparable.

I think they would need to make currency and currency-related div cards non-tradeable and go to a true barter economy to not break the game. I would love to be wrong and I hope they run the experiment some time. I would love to drop two or three exalts on an item and not have to think to myself 'maybe next league I will get lucky'.
"
FarmerTed wrote:

Thing is, if you are uber rich and understand how to use masters, you can still craft mirror class items. Won't be as easy as with eternals, but if drops were increased, it would become comparable.

I think they would need to make currency and currency-related div cards non-tradeable and go to a true barter economy to not break the game. I would love to be wrong and I hope they run the experiment some time. I would love to drop two or three exalts on an item and not have to think to myself 'maybe next league I will get lucky'.

The primary difference is, back when eternal orbs were a thing, it was the rich getting a whole lot richer. With no risk. All service fees.
RNG sucks, this game is a lottery, source of frustration. I love and hate this game. Self-found is a pain in ass, impossible on end-game content, in practice
After one month of Prophecy's L. I found tons of shit, in this time my friend from guild found 2x Heretic's Veil, 3 or 4 exalts. Is it a fair, no, it's a RNG ?! For me, it's not funny...
Please for separately league without a trade system, but with serious improve loot.
About map's drop - no f...g Tropical Islands etc. on high tier maps.
Before wasting time on deep thoughts, better actually define what's the endgame according to Mr. Wilson. As it's what we'll get at the end. Not your definitions, but his.
To avoid confusions and further disappointments.

Somehow I got the strange feeling that I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the secret super teaser gets finally revealed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 19, 2016, 11:57:49 AM
"
torturo wrote:
Before wasting time on deep thoughts, better actually define what's the endgame according to Mr. Wilson. As it's what we'll get at the end. Not your definitions, but his.
To avoid confusions and further disappointments.

Somehow I got the strange feeling that I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the secret super teaser gets finally revealed.

Do you think Chris/the team listen to the community more, or less, on average than other games you play?

To the second part, :(
Endgame:
Anything the majority of players actually desire to do and continues to play the game for on characters that beat the game at the highest (non-insane) difficulty.

-Reaching max level.
-Playing content that unlocks after beating the game at the highest difficulty.
-Completing quests that are harder than the final boss of the hardest difficulty.
-Starting a new character.
-Rebirthing/reincarnating a character at level 1, as a game mechanic, with newly added benefits on him/her they get to bring with them for the playthrough.

Like...
I'd love to play a 30 year old Templar, instead of the 70 year old one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info