FUCKING people you want to reach through the screen and strangle.

Well I've had this happen to me to quite often. Its mostly just people who are trying to manipulate market prices, for example he will have that item listed for less than its actual value, but have a filter set up with similar values, and hope someone will post a similar item for his price or lower, in which case he gets an easy flip. This is what the new trade API allows for, so we have to deal with it.

As a rule, when an items price is too good to be true; its too good to be true.
Last edited by thevdende on Jul 11, 2016, 8:35:05 AM
ahh so the OP is comparing his PERSONAL ETHICS against others, how do you know my ethics arent to ignore abusive insolent little kids like you? that's my ethic , ps dont judge others based on YOUR beliefs.

you sound like a whiny little brat, the person has every right , repeat every right to ignore you , does it state on poe trade ANYWHERE YOU MUST ANSWER....nope didn't think so.

i often ignore requests coz i might decide im not selling, i dont have to move it out of a public tab , its my stash ill do what i want, get over yourself, many people don't respond to me either that is their right simple.
"
Mindsmog wrote:
ahh so the OP is comparing his PERSONAL ETHICS against others, how do you know my ethics arent to ignore abusive insolent little kids like you? that's my ethic , ps dont judge others based on YOUR beliefs.

you sound like a whiny little brat, the person has every right , repeat every right to ignore you , does it state on poe trade ANYWHERE YOU MUST ANSWER....nope didn't think so.

i often ignore requests coz i might decide im not selling, i dont have to move it out of a public tab , its my stash ill do what i want, get over yourself, many people don't respond to me either that is their right simple.

except he ignored me before I got angry.

"i often ignore requests coz i might decide im not selling, i dont have to move it out of a public tab , its my stash ill do what i want"

and you sound like a PoS.

treat others how you want to be treated, I hope everyone you try to get an item off in the future, ignores you. you'll learn pretty quickly what being a PoS feels like.
carry on mate , you will be the one having a heart attack at 40 not me , i chill , you sound highly strung....lol there is more in life to worry about than people in a game ffs
"
Mindsmog wrote:
carry on mate , you will be the one having a heart attack at 40 not me , i chill , you sound highly strung....lol there is more in life to worry about than people in a game ffs

Peoples characters often carry over from all aspects of life. if you're an asshole in game I bet you're an asshole just generally.

Don't read game forums then start talking about other things in "life" not related to gaming, to better worry about.

Yes OP i want to reach through the screen and bitch slap your ass for being such a monumental child.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Just get in the back of the extremely long line (think Hands Across America line length) for players that hate trade function in PoE. But since this line of players hating PoE trading method is huge and GGG has never changed it to some for of asynchronous method so we can just go to the sellers trade tab(s) and pay the buyout price without needing seller involvement there is little to no chance of your trade frustration rank post having any impact.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
most likely this is a guy trying to manipulate the price. He undervalues a neat amulet, has a search set up for amulets with similar stats, and hopes someone will list one (based on his undervalued price) which he can snap up a.s.a.p. This is how the trade API is being used, hard to see how GGG couldn't think of this beforehand, but what can you do?

You just need to remember if something's value is too good to be true; it's too good to be true.

As it is, the trading system is especially harsh to new players, who routinely get royally screwed out of their hard earned currency, because they don't know what an items value (should) be or could be. But that's part of learning to play path of exile too.
Last edited by thevdende on Jul 11, 2016, 9:53:04 AM
People have posted well articulated suggestions for changing trading to prevent this situation. They have calmly and rationally resolved the counter arguments for making trade a buyout system that doesn't require the seller to be interrupted from game play or even be online. GGG either doesn't feel that it's the right thing for this game, or doesn't think the time programming it is worth it.

Posting this screen shot and thread isn't going to do anything other then show that you overreacted to a rude person. The fact that many people point out his actions were poor, but yours were also poor, and you then proceed to attack them suggests you aren't willing to look at the situation with an open mind.

Two wrongs don't make a right. It's hard to take someone seriously when they verbally berate someone for ignoring them in a video game. It's even harder when they post in a forum showing their bad behavior and then attack anyone who looks at the situation objectively.

Plenty of people hope that trade will be changed for the better, but they aren't going to throw a tantrum.
Sounds like a very traumatic event, you should probably try to track him down and waterboard him for his heinous crime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info