Medallion Race Season Details

"
unsane wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We've added boss-kill events for killing Izaro as well as boss-kill events for Descent and Descent Champions.

I see a mistake there, as there aren't any Descent races listed. Something coming in a future season it seems. :)

10x DC Gravicius Kill
2x DCO Gravicius Kill

I take it back. After further study, it would appear that the Mistress of Flame races are Descent Boss Kill races.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Awesome, new race season.

But last year GGG mentioned they are working on asynchronous racing (not fixed time schedule dependent racing), any news about that?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
For the 48 hour Solo-Self Found race, will we get the full 48 hours of logged play time, or is that event only for a 48 hour real time period?

Almost certainly not, in the past these races have always been based in real time. I do look forward to a time where a race like this could be 48 hours /played though. Then krame will wreck us even more with his logout and aura-on-zoning strats.

"
rider0fst0rms wrote:
"
This means your racing success will depend on how quickly you killed the designated boss instead of the traditional experience gain goals.

Does this mean the time will not be taken from the "start" of the race event for each particular boss kill?

Given that all previous boss kill races were a synchronized start, i expect these to be the same. I could be wrong though, they are known to be working on async racing, i just don't think it's ready yet since it would have been mentioned.

"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
I have almost 5000 hours played, I don't know who the fuck the Mistress of Flame is

Same. Googling made me realize it's the endboss of Descent. Piety fire form. Even the wiki didn't know.

"
PopeJo wrote:
- PLEASE no lab races. there are daily lab-race events. for those masochists who like that. PLEASE spare racers with lab-runs and Izaro kills.
If you failed at making the lab-race events work, don't dump your s**t on the race season!

Chill man, there's one lab race, and it's different because it's a race to finish everything up to and including the lab, in one attempt. Hardly any similarity at all. I hate lab, but i love the idea of a race to clear Normal+Lab. In fact i would have liked to have seen a few more race-to-lab races.

"
morbo wrote:
But last year GGG mentioned they are working on asynchronous racing (not fixed time schedule dependent racing), any news about that?

They rushed this season out because people wanted them to make a season asap, rather than wait until asynchronous races are ready. I'm sure we will see asynchronous races next season.

I've posted a breakdown of this season on the Race Discussion subforum.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Aziraphale wrote:
I think the end goal was indeed to make races asynchronous. It probably costs a lot of programmer time to implement I would imagine.

making races asychronous will have to come at the price of rewards being account bound.

otherwise exceptional players nolifing the races on several accounts will profit over the top, disencouraging normal players to start at all.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 11, 2016, 5:39:05 AM
"
innervation wrote:
Holy toast is there anything you people won't complain about? This race season looks awesome and includes multiple things people have been asking for. "Waaaaah I can't win the ultra-rare hard to get top prize because I can't no life the game." Every game has aspects like that. Real life is like that. Do you complain irl about the person who can put in overtime at your job b/c they don't have to pick up their kid from soccer at 6 PM?

What other game is this expected of? You don't get to be world first to down Boss X in WoW if you can't no life the game. You don't get to be world second, third, or fourth either. You're not getting invited to join TSM in League of Legends playing 5 games a week. Like wtf.

Just to pick an example at random, I searched for 'Mistress of Flame Kill' races in the schedule. SEVEN of the first TEN are at different times. If you want to experience what this race is like, I think you'll be able to find one that fits your schedule without having to adjust any of your plans.

Do you people go to the organizers of the NYC Marathon and say "hey I know the marathon starts at 9 AM on Tuesday, but that's super unfair cause I can't train as hard as everyone else, or make it downtown that time. So you should let me compete with everyone else, but let me run the race at my house, on my treadmill, at a time of my choosing. Oh and I can start and stop whenever, but I'll log the time and let you guys know how it goes!"

Unbelievable.

+1

people have to learn to accept that...
as always most race take place from monday to friday in most people working hours, with no races taking place in weekends... great GGG, just great.

Do you do this for kids, and freeloaders only? cause they are the only groups that will be home at that time!

PS: fix the game lag and stutters and work on the 3d art for all the uniques instead !
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
rip volls prices
"
The thing is is that GGG needs to stop basing all their decisions upon what the 1% no-lifers do. The normal folks are heading to the exits and it's killing the game.

This... I got exactly 14 race possibilities if I attend all I can...
... Or wife leaves me, boss fires me, weekend wasted and then I get about 25 races MAX!

WHAT THE FUCK!

No Problem,
Exile
I open up schedule, and the first race week starts with events on saturday and sunday. Last two holidays seem to be taken by 48 hour race.
Are some people insane, or I'm just reading the chart incorrectly?
"
The thing is is that GGG needs to stop basing all their decisions upon what the 1% no-lifers do. The normal folks are heading to the exits and it's killing the game.

Exactly. That race seasons are completely bullshit stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info