Medallion Race Season Details

fix the connection issues first!
I think asynchronous would make it boring since you wouldn't be seeing people playing at the same time as you.

Plus, some of the longer races are already kinda asynchronous. If they fix the boss kill races and make them start counting when you create your character rather than at the start, people would play more as well.
"
Hogaric wrote:
I think asynchronous would make it boring since you wouldn't be seeing people playing at the same time as you.

Plus, some of the longer races are already kinda asynchronous. If they fix the boss kill races and make them start counting when you create your character rather than at the start, people would play more as well.

To be fair and play devil's advocate. If boss kill races were made so it was by character creation rather than start then chances are that the same 3-5 top players would simply get all the classes themselves. Limiting it to 1 reward per account will not matter either because they will simply use other accounts which is perfectly legal.

I could be wrong on this but I seem to remember that the first season they introduced boss kill races they were based from creation time not race start time and this was one of the reasons they changed it.
The thing is is that GGG needs to stop basing all their decisions upon what the 1% no-lifers do. The normal folks are heading to the exits and it's killing the game.
"
reliq wrote:
Pick one of the two:
- Either make asynchronous ALL races
- make races every hour where player can join a limited number of it every day.

Races would have more success like that.

A video game should never have priority over IRL ==> hence not racing.

- make races every hour where player can join a limited number of it every day. this is a very good one
"
aznkhmer wrote:
"
reliq wrote:
Pick one of the two:

- make races every hour where player can join a limited number of it every day. this is a very good one

Exactly.

And if the users who do nothing else all day except PoE wish to play more races on another account, big deal. Make it fun for all.
"
"
aznkhmer wrote:
"
reliq wrote:
Pick one of the two:

Exactly.

And if the users who do nothing else all day except PoE wish to play more races on another account, big deal. Make it fun for all.

maybe not every hours but they can like double the races or something so its harder for the people who wants to make multiple accounts
looks interesting
good luck everyone!
But why even bother trying to make it harder for people to double up? Let them. It's only pixels and they're only hurting themselves by overdoing it.
I think the end goal was indeed to make races asynchronous. It probably costs a lot of programmer time to implement I would imagine. I forget where I heard that though, so I could be wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info