Wanting to come back

I make that assumption because you brought up PK'ing hardcore characters and the mechanics of the Bandit quests. Not me. You.
There are multiple PVP modes. You can play in the Sarn arena, duel a rando in town, do capture the flag, or do 1v1 best of 7's. There is a master that supports PvP dailies and has PVP benefiting affixes.

Nobody does any of this except a tiny amount of daily quests.
"
York wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You don't honestly seem interested in PvP... you want a game that allows you to grief. That can be fun, but this isn't the game for it.

And why do you make an assumption as such?

I am looking for a game with PVP, meaningful PVP..

I thought this game included multiple modes besides just the Sarn arena.
Isnt there a duel option>? Or some form of battleground I heard about

Path of Exile has PvP related options already implemented. These include the Sarn Arena, a queue for 1v1 duels, team based PvP, capture the flag and some other stuff. There is also a PvP Master (NPC) that can help you crafting your weapons for PvP.

As the people in this thread has already stated, the problem is not that the game doesnt have any PvP implemented, but it is that most people dont care about it and dont play it. GGG tried to give it more attention by dedicating an entire patch for it, but it wasnt well recieved by a good chunck of the community that is interested in PvE only.
As for myself, sometimes I have an urge to play PvP for a while (depending on the kind of character I am playing). I mostly find in the queue people that are doing quests.

Apart from that kind of PvP you can compete with other players in Races, labyrinth runs leaderboards, league leaderboards, etc.

About the game population, the game has been increasing its player count but it has its ups and lows. Right now, softcore league prophecy is still quite alive. I dont know how much is hardcore prophecy tho.
Last edited by MANGUERA on Jul 11, 2016, 1:37:50 AM
"
York wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
GGG tried to give it more attention by dedicating an entire patch for it, but it wasnt well recieved by a good chunck of the community that is interested in PvE only.

That's why you implement a hostile button.....

That would stir things up and all of a sudden people are interested in PVP and are engaged in it.

Its like manual traveling in MMORPGS. Everyone hates it, spending time on manually running through various zones to just get places. But that's what keeps the "Thriving game" feel. Moment you implement teleport/summoning/heartstones/warping or w/e other option, the game feels dead, empty. Everyone congests at capitals and doesn't venture out anywhere, staying in queue for battlegrounds/dungeons. A player progressing through the world doesnt have encounters, doesnt see other players and the game feels dead.....

same with PVP, ppl dont participate in it because it can be avoided and is not really a part of the game, viewed as newsense and inconvenience.

That hostile button is half the reason Diablo II outlived Diablo III and is still more popular.

Look on Twitch.com, Diablo LOD has more viewers then Diablo III and POE
Last edited by York on Jul 11, 2016, 6:26:26 PM
Thousands more people would flock to this game myself included if at least there was a tiny effort in making PVP meaningful.

Make death in a hardcore duel permanent (well, removal from HC league), insight some interest and gamble in the PVP. Risk/reward.....

but I am preaching to the quire..... Just still frustrated that GGG lied about many PVP features that they promised to implement since closed beta when I begam supporting and playing this game.

Had so much more potential.....
"
That's why you implement a hostile button.....

That would stir things up and all of a sudden people are interested in PVP and are engaged in it.

It's not really that easy, most of the public parties in poe are for trading. Every non- trading poe party has a pretty specific goal in mind. If you joined one of those and pushed your hostile button you would get kicked.

D2 had a much different party system it's like comparing an apple to an orange.

"
That hostile button is half the reason Diablo II outlived Diablo III and is still more popular.

No this is so ridiculous I'm pretty sure you are trolling. Any given moment of twitch viewer count does not indicate the popularity of a game. I just checked now and Alkaiser (D3) and Mathil (poe) each have more viewers by them selves then the entire D2 streams combined. Heck Krip streamed faeria one night and no one in their right mind would call that game popular.

Also I am pretty sure Diablo 2 had a much longer install life was because it was a better game. It also had little competition, in the arpg market and the video game market as a whole.

"
Thousands more people would flock to this game myself included if at least there was a tiny effort in making PVP meaningful.

For a week, maybe two or three. Just like the PVP season people got excited tried it out got bored and moved on.

"
Just still frustrated that GGG lied about many PVP features that they promised to implement since closed beta when I begam supporting and playing this game.

I don't really think they promised anything other than a vague there will be pvp which is true. They also "promised" guild support but yeah we are still waiting for that. Plans change. They 100% made the effort to implement pvp in poe. Fact is the community just didn't support it. Sure some people tried but it never really caught on. It simply isn't worth the effort to keep working on something people just don't use. Besides they are busy finding new and exciting ways to force us into the labyrinth.
"
York wrote:
I am preaching to the quire.....

You really don't know what you're talking about.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
York wrote:
I am preaching to the quire.....

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Not everyone has English as naive tongue. And even if we did we were raised by teachers with no standard other than their skating to paycheck and retirement package... pretty petty imo.

You know what he meant. But choose to be obtuse and dismissive.

PS OP. Are you a beta lemming who needs to be fed what good for you or an alpha who can decides on your own? Play and decide for yourself. God gave brain use it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 11, 2016, 9:16:38 PM
"
York wrote:

History says just the opposite. GGG put serious effort into PvP in the 1.3 patch and it was fucking awful. The patch was widely panned and pissed a lot of people off. I accepted it at the time but would be extremely unhappy if they spent any more time on that shit.

If you want to play PvP, play a game that's designed for it.
"
York wrote:

Viewers don't equal people playing. Why else are you here asking for PvP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info