Wanting to come back

"
York wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you're looking for PKing, then yeah, that's about all there is to say about it.

I am looking for a game experience that involves meaningful PVP.

try fps, rts, moba, card games etc.
"
York wrote:
Please Tell me what PVP is already in the game? And what ideas are talked about?

Pretty much none, the sarn arena is largely a joke, and as far as I can tell very few people do other pvp other then the dailies or horsing around. If you are looking specifically for a pvp game this one won't do it for you period.

There was a pvp season, that flopped and will likely never be seen again, you can create a low-level locked pvp character but I doubt that will excite you for long.

"
York wrote:
I am at work and cannot download the game now, want to decide if I want to come back to it.

I played it since closed beta, but quit due to being disappointed with PVP in the game. (lack of)

Your still going to be disappointed with the pvp, it hasn't grown much.

"
York wrote:
I understand there is season leagues and permanent leagues, I would play Hardcore, Which hardcore would have more population?

And when this endgame patch is expected?
I thought maps was the endgame

For population concerns you want to start with the beginning of a new "season" league. They have more population especially in hardcore. Standard hardcore or permeant league is pretty much always "dead" on HC for all intents and purposes.

We have a little less then 2 months left on prophecy league the new endgame patch is probably going to hit shortly after that. Maps are part of endgame but they are trying to diversify with what most would call mixed results.

If population is a top priority for you, wait about a month and a half and check back. If you just want some people to play with then HC prophecy probably isn't that bad, unless your picky, or hard to get along with.
Its a shame that PVP was never implemented....
Such a promising game...

Any idea if new patch will ahve any PVP changes?
"
York wrote:
Such a promising game...

Any idea if new patch will have any PVP changes?

You aren't reading. It was implemented. It flopped. Nobody played it, and actually the standard PvE players were very angry about the development time/effort put into it. In all liklihood there will be less and less PvP every league.
"
York wrote:
Such a promising game...

The vast majority of PoE players could not care less about PvP, so I doubt that it's ever gonna be updated.

Also, if you wanna know, the community is growing larger. Every time an expansion hits, we set a new record for peak players. There's a steam charts link somewhere that shows this, but I dunno where that is.
Last edited by XibalbaL on Jul 10, 2016, 3:59:36 PM
"

According to Chris answer in the last Q&A i don't think much changes for PvP are coming.

"
Chris wrote:
Is there ever a chance that PvP will receive damage reductions on skills and Ascendancy-related balances at any point in the future, maybe during the downtime between leagues?

The balance team have a desire to perform a pass of PvP skill balance. To do this properly is a large task and they're currently very busy on balancing the upcoming expansion and challenge league. I can't promise that there will be PvP changes in 2.4.0 at this stage, sorry!

If i'm right he also stated that game was mostly going to focus on competitive PvE a while ago can't remember when i saw that will try to find you the threads / video to be sure when i got a min or two.

Personal tought it's better to not making balancing changes and then release a new PvP the day they have a strong idea about what to do, what can work, and what can be a benefit to the game.
They tried it didn't worked players expectations changed over the years aswell and there are enough PvP games around to be in hard troubles if you want to compete with them.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 10, 2016, 4:11:53 PM
As far as pvp is concerned your best bet is to make a SC standard character dedicated to pvp that stops leveling at 40 or 60. Remember your 40 can go in both normal and cruel arenas. Personally I wouldn't bother with uncapped arena due to balance being lulzy.

The number of people at any given time can be really low but it's still pretty fun. About as fun as pvp gets in this game imo.
You don't honestly seem interested in PvP... you want a game that allows you to grief. That can be fun, but this isn't the game for it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You don't honestly seem interested in PvP... you want a game that allows you to grief. That can be fun, but this isn't the game for it.

And why do you make an assumption as such?

I am looking for a game with PVP, meaningful PVP..

I thought this game included multiple modes besides just the Sarn arena.
Isnt there a duel option>? Or some form of battleground I heard about
"People who wanted to pvp should just go play fps or moba" - GGG
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info