[2.3][HC/SC] Oro's Flicker - 100% fire pen, reflect-proof, uber lab farm - Champion

"
Sarrom107 wrote:
"
skyscan wrote:

I was using a sibyl's lament. That's part of the reason I mention in the guide video that it's pretty much required to have a sibyl's lament when you're doing red tier maps. In the video I directly hit it once and melee splashed it 2 additional times for a total of around ~4k hp out of my 5.6k.

While you won't 1 shot yourself against reflects, if you don't notice it quick enough you will die as we don't have vaal pact to instant-leech through it.

Even with sibyl's lament, use ancestral totem to kill reflects if you can. Otherwise you'll be relying on ruby flasks. With reflect map mods I really wouldn't recommend it as you'll have to drop a curse for purity of fire AND a ruby flask.

I tried out 1 curses + purity of fire + arctic armor. It worked out okay, but honestly it didn't feel worth it changing all that just so I could run reflect mods. I'll edit into the guide those options just so people are aware of them though if they really want to go full defense.

I am running a similar build to yours, a hc variant. I opted to pick up mana reserve nodes to make room for arctic armour, and running warlords+either flammability or enfeeble as 2nd curse(thx to windscream) depending on map mods. Havent tried running red tier maps yet, only up to t10s so far.

I was just curious because I am not running a sibyl's lament yet, but I do less damage than you in part due to only a 5-link and lackluster jewels. I do have to pot on ele reflect but for me personally its the damn volatiles of hard hitting mobs that feel dangerous.

Have you thought about trying to run a vaal grace to deal with reflect perhaps?

I've tried using Pyre too. I really like the destroy on kill effect for detonate corpse and volatile effects. It also has 2 resistances on it, so it is possible to run both sibyl's and pyre for both your rings if you choose to do so.

My only concern is pyre offers no life, and nearly-no damage. I liked using it for the visual effect of an exploding bloody corpse :D but I felt like I haven't run into the volatile problem often enough for it to be worth it. I do mostly labs though, so it comes up even less often for me.

I'd recommend either Alpha's Howl or Heretic's Veil if you want to run 2 curses + arctic armor. In addition, the tree is 2 nodes away from Sovereignty for another 12% reduced mana reserved.

And I've stayed away from vaal gems as they're next-to-worthless for uber lab. But for general mapping yes grace is amazing. I also liked vaal molten shell + life leech for the life gain and armor. It's really up to you with vaal gems, but I do think I should mention that in the guide so I'll edit some suggestions in.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Jul 13, 2016, 9:34:30 PM
I see why you would want 100% ignite chance in lab, but generally it isn't worth it I think. You can keep up charges with only 40% ignite chance on a single target
Hey,

i want to try your build and im ready to go but i have one question.

you say that the 5 link for flicker is WED and the 6l firepen, but you also say you need Bloodmagic because of the low manapool. So what should i remove for the BM gem, the 5l WED ore something form the 4l like...
maybe you mentioned it somewhere in the guide but i couldent find it.

Prove
"
Prove89 wrote:
Hey,

i want to try your build and im ready to go but i have one question.

you say that the 5 link for flicker is WED and the 6l firepen, but you also say you need Bloodmagic because of the low manapool. So what should i remove for the BM gem, the 5l WED ore something form the 4l like...
maybe you mentioned it somewhere in the guide but i couldent find it.

Prove

You don't need blood magic. You'll only need it if you go 2x curses AND arctic armor. And you'd only do that if you want to run reflect maps. Otherwise stick with just 2 curses (that's 70% reserved, you'll still have plenty of mana to cast flicker)
Hi There,
Is it possible to change Belly of the Beast with an other chest piece for example Daresso's Defiance ?
I wonder how much life you would lose and if you can actually benefit from the endurance charges Daresso's offers.
Hi! nice build for champion

Using both flicker and totem skill are really good idea i think.
i will start this build for new upcoming season.

Anyway, is total fire pen enough to kill boss that has high resistance like Argus in uber lab?
just curious about that.

And can u recommend another replacement skill for bossing?
totem is really really good but i want not-totem things more.
Last edited by markmanship on Aug 31, 2016, 10:17:35 AM
Why don't you Link elemental Focus to Flickr? Its a more damage multi...
Because of the mod - cannot inflict status ailments... With it u can not ignite enemies, which pretty much kills this build
Last edited by DiabloAny1 on Sep 9, 2016, 5:43:45 AM
Hi, i was very fan of this build, is it still viable in 2.5 ?
^same question as the person above me! but nonetheless for new players like me are there also tips that you can provide in doing this build of yours.

From Early to Mid leveling? Gears that i would need to look out for?

I know very little about the currency on this game and as well as the other systems in place.

Would appreciate any kind of inputs :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info