With the best streamers leaving the game there is noone to watch :<

I gotta say i enjoy watching kripparrian play games . He analyzes stuff in a detailed way , min max theorycrafting etc , sucks he doesn't like this game that much . I often get my own ideas by watching a guy like that . But i never copy his builds or any others for that matter .

Reading build guides i usually stay out of , i enjoy a complex game like poe more if i figure out my own build myself . I am aware of that it may not be the max min-max playing effiency playing my own builds but i don't care it's a lot more fun this way for me .
"
The game would be far better off without them.

Lol without streamers and rich people buying early supporter packs this game would've been scrapped 3 years ago
"
Sygnano wrote:
"

Lol without streamers and rich people buying early supporter packs this game would've been scrapped 3 years ago

People buying supporter packs? Sure. Streamers? If anything, they have a negative effect overall.

And don't say that streamers brought the people buying support packs. That's not how it works. Streamers stream to people who already play. No value add there.

I want to say that I don't hate streamers. Just don't think they add anything to PoE.
"
"
Sygnano wrote:
"

People buying supporter packs? Sure. Streamers? If anything, they have a negative effect overall.

And don't say that streamers brought the people buying support packs. That's not how it works. Streamers stream to people who already play. No value add there.

I want to say that I don't hate streamers. Just don't think they add anything to PoE.

A lot of streamers have a large viewer base, based on other games they've streamed. It's pretty naive to think that streamers haven't brought a lot of players to PoE.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It's not naive.

One streamer brought some players very early on during closed & open beta release. Only ONE.

Since then, streamers only stream to existing players (and CW).
"
It's not naive.

One streamer brought some players very early on during closed & open beta release. Only ONE.

Since then, streamers only stream to existing players (and CW).

Ok? Well, kripparrian han viewers, he played. Ziggy had viewers before PoE, he streamed/streams. Hell, even TotalBiscuit covered PoE a couple of times on YT. And there's more of those.

But ok, only ONE. In an ocean of hundreds of streamers, on the front page of twitch day in, day out. And only ONE has brought players.

I'm sticking to my "naive" statement.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Do what you like. I feel it's naive to think any of those other guys did anything positive to a playerbase that has been on an overall steady trend downward since OB release. If streamers really were making a difference, the playerbase would be growing, no?
"
Do what you like. I feel it's naive to think any of those other guys did anything positive to a playerbase that has been on an overall steady trend downward since OB release. If streamers really were making a difference, the playerbase would be growing, no?

I'm not saying they ARE making a difference, I just say there were. I think MOST of the streamers have brought some players to PoE.

But I think PoE is so known by now, through articles on Game Spot etc., streamers, "famous" youtubers and advertisement that we will never see a very noticeable increase in players, other than the regular increase at ladder reset/league start.

If we're going to see an increase now, GGG must pull an ace out their sleeves. Let's pray that 2.4 and act 5 is a step in that direction.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jul 10, 2016, 10:55:06 AM
"
Rayzabladez wrote:

I feel that this old saying is appropriate here in this thread:

"Every man to his own poison".

Do what you like. Watch what you want..

Personally, I feel kind of sorry for streamers. To me, they always look like caged animals in a zoo.

Mathil always looks kind of ragged to me, like he's on the edge of jumping off a cliff.

I once heard him quietly say..."I hate my life".

I would be careful with stuff like this. "I hate my life" is a common phrase by streamers if they are unlucky and so on. Mathil is a climber (alias: active in "real life" too). So the last thing he would love to do is jumping off a cliff, btw.
I think that the discussion is needless. Watch what you want to watch. And if you don't like streaming or watching games: fine. But don't get personal or amateur-psychologistish ;)

P.S.: I don't think that CohhCarnage for example looks like a caged animal. He looks pretty relaxed, happy and positive. Just to name one of many streamers.

And about that "why watch when you can play": Aim said it. NFL and shit ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
You know what would help in terms of streaming? If the devs streamed themselves playing the game. Dave Brevik streamed Marvel Heroes with his wife on Twitch every weekend, doing raids and playing the super uber powerful Cow King character and teaming up with everyday players to do missions and just hanging out in the hubs dropping gifts on the ground. Asros another dev was another streamer you would see on quite often. They had a great community and it was great to see devs doing raids and bitching about some bug or under performing thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info