With the best streamers leaving the game there is noone to watch :<

Sad panda :<

Raiz/ Havoc/ Etup/ Karv/ ... all gone :/
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Jul 9, 2016, 9:47:00 AM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 4:13:45 PM
Here's an idea: Play the game yourself :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

why
"
Sygnano wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

why

answer : to achieve even higher levels of frustration :).

I'm at 91 level of frustation and climbing ..very..slowly...
IGN : Sir_Big
I'm a couple of generations removed from this, but I just don't get the idea of watching someone play a video game. I just don't get it. But you have to realize that even someone who is being paid to play a game will eventually tire of it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'm a couple of generations removed from this, but I just don't get the idea of watching someone play a video game. I just don't get it. But you have to realize that even someone who is being paid to play a game will eventually tire of it.

I'm a couple of generations removed, also. But it's not too hard to draw a parallel between Twitch and all other forms of audience-oriented entertainment we've been consuming for the past couple of thousand years.

The idea is the same as watching someone do anything else for entertainment. Like play a sport, or act. It's pretty well established that most people like watching other people do stuff.

Related comic: Loading Artist - Waste of Time
- here's my sig
"
eragon1111 wrote:
Sad panda :<

Raiz/ Havoc/ Etup/ Karv/ ... all gone :/

I recently came back and I was pretty bummed out to see a huge dropoff in the more hardcore streamers.
I checked a couple of their last broadcasts and I could sense they are pretty burned out.

people like Karv, krame and raiz were one of the reasons I gave racing a shot, I would last as long as I could during a race and after i'd die I'd watch them play out the rest of the race on twitch.

the only people left that I can watch (and enjoy) are mathil, bakedchicken, angryaa, and cha_sui_bao.

I'm old enough to be the mother of some of the younger streamers out there, but I think casually watching/listening to a poe streamer on my 2nd monitor while I am also playing the game can be pretty engaging.
Streams at a minimum are a good way to learn how others play the game, just like watching a youtube vid, listening to a podcast/radio, or reading a build guide on the forum.

Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Jul 9, 2016, 11:37:27 AM
Chris has said that they want PoE to be more of a spectator activity. The devs would rather watch others play than play themselves, so why would any other PoEer feel differently?

RIP streamers.
leaving forever or till next content?

ps: krip leave long ago
my english sux.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Did you play football in high school? Did you watch the NFL too? Same thing.

Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info