Name the first video game that got you into video game as a kid

Abe's Oddysee for me I think.
Need help with something? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
legacy of kain, soul reaver.
Primal Rage, defs.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at support@grindinggear.com! We're here to help. :^)
I have started games on xt computers, but I got really hooked in times of Wolfenstein 3D, Dune 2 and Ultima Underworld 2.
Oh yes, there was this game long before Soul Reaver.
Even though i'd played games on Amstrad in the 80's i never really got that into it until later, on the PS1 with FFVII.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Pretty much what started it all for me in video gaming. Got it on my 3rd 5th birthday along with the NES and Duck Hunt set with the plastic gun. That was in 1993 1988. Good times even though most of it us blurs these days, but I still remember playing.

It blew my tiny mind. But, really, this was "the moment":

Yes, an actual picture of an actual Antnee

Super Mario World was just stunning to me. The little sparkles when you got the invincibility star, the exploration, the secrets... It's pretty much a 10/10 game even to this day. And, at least for me, the Super Nintendo era was a fucking golden age of gaming.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
The legend of Zelda: a link to the past
First video game that really got me into games as a whole would have to be Starcraft: 64 for the Nintendo 64. That was my gateway drug to all other console games, and opened up the doors for all the PCs games I've fallen in love with over the years. It lead to Diablo, which lead to Path of Exile.

It's fair to say that if I never discovered that I wouldn't be playing Path today.
Bring back race seasons.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
For me it's Castlevania 3 on the NES I played the shit out of that game

Seriously..? Mine too, huh.

E: I wonder who ever won that trip to Transylvania

whoa nice, I loved that game so much, spend countless hours trying to make the perfect run.

I find it very interesting seeing what's everyone favorite's first game, I can pretty say how old you're all by the games you picked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info