Asynchronous racing, possible?

I love doing the race seasons and the #1 reason I can't compete in many of the races is my work schedule. I can't retire and dedicate my life to racing in PoE so I miss out on a lot of chances to improve my ranking, as do many other players that enjoy racing. I'm not incredibly good at racing but I still find it quite fun.

Do you think it would even be possible for GGG to implement the ability to race on our own schedule?

I can see a number of things that would make it difficult to implement.

When would prizes be awarded? You can't pin down who ranks #1 if someone plays the race a full 24-48 hours after the live race and beats the original #1 time.

Should there be a time limit on ability to compete in a specific race after it has already run? This would narrow the gap on prizes being awarded if you could only compete in a race within 4-6 hours of it's start time but would still delay prizes being handed out by a large amount.

People would most certainly abuse the racing system if they could log onto multiple accounts and compete in the same race multiple times trying to get better and better times/levels.

Is GGG able to detect when players are using multiple accounts? I know there are already rules in place that prevent this type of thing so I assume they are able to track it but I am unsure if this can be bypassed by players. Where there is a will, there is a way so I think it could easily be worked around by players that want to.

What do you think? Should it even be a concern for GGG to try and work on it or should we just assume that racing will always be a you're either there or you're out of the race kind of competition?

Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2016, 11:42:11 AM
This is something that Chris has talked about wanting to introduce previously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTm-L3KzIzI
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
This is something that Chris has talked about wanting to introduce previously.
Has any progress been made on making it a reality or are there larger priorities to be dealt with before it's revisited?
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info