Caption the Screenshot Competition Winners!

well, so much for the 300 sign rule.

I was hoping for rng to grant me wins, but it seems my efforts weren't enough, maybe next time then, at least I had fun creating my submissions.

congrats to the winners and runner ups. you guys just hit the point ggg was looking for apparently. I personally think bohemian rhapsody is overrated and I never got the he-man thing, but everybody's different. ggg definitely had their reasons to choose each and everyone of you.

I think next time I'm going to break every single rule you make for a competition like this one and see what happens.

Personally the most hilarity ensued when I saw the brutus one with the toothpaste. that was an amazingly stupid idea and I loved it.
good day to everyone!

PS: don't be sad, who didn't win. you're not alone!
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
Ok iam really confused. How are entries winning, while breaking rules?
And i know, art is in the eye of the observer different, but cmon, like 100pages of entry in these are the winners?
This contest is screaming after an reroll. Next competition i will shit aswell on the rules...just ridicoulus...enjoy the daily dose of

"
iAkrobat wrote:
Gratz to the winners, even though i dont see any captioned screenshot in there.

"Caption the screenshot" means to me, that you get a screenshot and give it a title, not draw around in it. Correct me, if im wrong, but in my understanding noone did what was asked for.. *confused*
You're not wrong.

Wow! How freaking underwhelming. Rules? We don't need no steenking rules!!
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Last edited by DemiDemon on Jul 7, 2016, 7:11:10 AM
I barely ever comment on these but I logged in just to comment this one time.
Gotta say I agree with the others, this was the most bs contest I've seen so far. The design ones, maybe there are 1 or 2 dubious entries but most of them are beautiful artwork. For this?
First not even respecting the rules about characters (I know you said 300 characters caption but common, you considered the caption the whole work) and out of all the submissions these were the chosen ones? I looked at these in the forums while posting mine and just browsing to see whhta others were up to and I thought to myself "What? How's that funny?" And surprise surprise, they were picked.
I don't necessarily think mine was funnier, it's your sense of humour not mine but holycow, some of these were bad. I'm disappointed on this one GGG
mhh, haven't won, oh well, gratz the winners..
Last edited by Andrius319 on Jul 7, 2016, 7:41:48 AM
Hmm I am not really sold on any of those entries, and no, I didn't do one of my own, so I am not salty ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

thas what a gave you!
Congrats to the winners!

I know there are always going to be those bitter that their entries didn't get selected. That's life, unfortunately. What's entertaining to one group might not be entertaining to another. Just know that if you didn't win, many of us still enjoyed your work. I know I enjoyed scrolling through all of the entries. Too many good ones to comment on. And many where people invested a lot of work, care, and thought, but didn't make the winning list.

I invested two solid days of work into mine (may be 15 hours or so), and happy to have a winning entry, but the real fun was in the process of creating it.

Again, grats to all of the winners! :-) And Bex, thanks for hosting this contest.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Congrats to the winners!!

So much fricken salt in here man, jeez people.
Awesome contest idea, but there were two problems that you can hopefully learn from in future contests:

1. You didn't stick to your own rules.

2. You didn't adequately explain what you wanted. This wasn't a caption contest; it was an image-editing contest. If that's what you really wanted, then SAY SO in advance.

If you can avoid those mistakes in the future, you'll probably get a lot less negativity upon announcing the winners. I also think most of the ones you picked are not funny, but notice I don't complain about that, because humor is a matter of taste.

I also think an ACTUAL caption contest would be really fun and funny. Please make one happen!
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info