Anyone here played Witcher 3?

The Witcher for me is the best RPG franchise of our generation, followed closely by the Souls Series. Even though i had 150 hours on the vanilla game, i have not really played the DLCs due to my limited free time because of my military duties. I have already purchased them though and i will devote myself to them when i have the time.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
The Witcher for me is the best RPG franchise of our generation, followed closely by the Souls Series. Even though i had 150 hours on the vanilla game, i have not really played the DLCs due to my limited free time because of my military duties. I have already purchased them though and i will devote myself to them when i have the time.

You will enjoy them for sure. saw a few things here and there, have yet to play them myself tho.

And just when one thinks its done, CDPR makes another game coming possibly next year. Cyberpunk 2077. Ciri and Avallach may make cameos as they traveled to that world.
"
"
Poutsos wrote:

You will enjoy them for sure. saw a few things here and there, have yet to play them myself tho.

And just when one thinks its done, CDPR makes another game coming possibly next year. Cyberpunk 2077. Ciri and Avallach may make cameos as they traveled to that world.

Yeah, do not count on that. 2018 is already too optimistic IMO.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
"
Poutsos wrote:

Yeah, do not count on that. 2018 is already too optimistic IMO.

They had people work on it while pushing Witcher 3 content and popularity. I think they just polish it up and finish it now that Witcher 3 done.
It wasn't exactly love at first sight but Gwent gradually grew on me, one of the best games within a game of all times, up there with Arcomage and Triple Triad.

As a whole, I really liked W3, we saw more of the Witcher world and they expanded on many characters that got little room in books, like Crach or other witchers. We also waited for the third game to finally see Yen and Ciri, and it was worth it, they did a really great job there.

Combat was also good for the genre, slightly repetitive but that was inevitable with so much of it there. Still, it does force you to mix it up a bit with some enemies so you can't be too much of a one trick pony and it's quite satisfying overall if you don't overdo it and make your Geralt too broken, which tends to happen in late game.

Some awesome moments:
Singing troll
Some... unorthodox unusual fistfight champions
Towerfull of mice quest
Some awesome consequences of your decisions
Some bosses
World hopping

"
They had people work on it while pushing Witcher 3 content and popularity. I think they just polish it up and finish it now that Witcher 3 done.

Pun intended?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 7, 2016, 1:00:11 PM
"
raics wrote:
It wasn't exactly love at first sight but Gwent gradually grew on me, one of the best games within a game of all times, up there with Arcomage and Triple Triad.

As a whole, I really liked W3, we saw more of the Witcher world and they expanded on many characters that got little room in books, like Crach or other witchers. We also waited for the third game to finally see Yen and Ciri, and it was worth it, they did a really great job there.

Combat was also good for the genre, slightly repetitive but that was inevitable with so much of it there. Still, it does force you to mix it up a bit with some enemies so you can't be too much of a one trick pony and it's quite satisfying overall if you don't overdo it and make your Geralt too broken, which tends to happen in late game.

Some awesome moments:
Singing troll
Some... unorthodox unusual fistfight champions
Towerfull of mice quest
Some awesome consequences of your decisions
Some bosses
World hopping

"

Pun intended?

I hope you got the better end of a Tower Full of Mice.

The combat was very versatile to me as especially late game, you can mix many different skills up. 5 signs, strong and fast attacks and special sword attacks and varying alchemy skills make the combat very versatile and therefore super fun and interesting.

Roach was the best part for me tho, she carried me up and won mountains and i took her into caves and the lake. We even played catch and hide and seek sometimes. She also swam after me to shore and she blocked enemies attacks in battles. Cant wait to get to the Roach quest in Blood and Wine.

The voice acting really did it for me, every single character was intriguing. You had to be smart to figure out who you can trust and try to figure out what to do in each situation.

No Witcher died in his bed.
I'm just downloading Witcher 3. Gonna make a break from poe. I hear so many good things about witcher 3 and i think is best moment to play since most of my friends are offlnie , public parties and trade dwindled down and relic keys were a huge dissapointment. And still 3 months minium to play 3.0 on live server

I see there are 2 DLC's for Witcher . Seems like its gonna be hell of a fun to play ^^
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Achilion wrote:
I'm just downloading Witcher 3. Gonna make a break from poe. I hear so many good things about witcher 3 and i think is best moment to play since most of my friends are offlnie , public parties and trade dwindled down and relic keys were a huge dissapointment. And still 3 months minium to play 3.0 on live server

I see there are 2 DLC's for Witcher . Seems like its gonna be hell of a fun to play ^^

Youre gonna have lots of fun. If you got any questions just ask. I played it 11 times already.^^

The 16 free DLC are great and the 2 expansions are so damn worth it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info