PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Anyone here played Witcher 3?

Thoughts? Would love to hear some stories people have.
I ran into the Harrisi spider boss at like level 11 and it was level 30 something. I found a cave that didn't have any markers for the entrance, decided to venture inside just to get rekt hardcore!

I ended up modding Witcher 3, because I didn't like the pace of the leveling early on. Killing mobs gave little to no exp, and all your exp comes from quests. The game doesn't start to get fun until you get deeper into some of the trees and got more options.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 6, 2016, 11:34:43 AM
Yep... Boring as hell. Beautiful graphics though.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I ran into the Harrisi spider boss at like level 11 and it was level 30 something. I found a cave that didn't have any markers for the entrance, decided to venture inside just to get rekt hardcore!

I ended up modding Witcher 3, because I didn't like the pace of the leveling early on. Killing mobs gave little to no exp, and all your exp comes from quests. The game doesn't start to get fun until you get deeper into some of the trees and got more options.

Its designed that way tho because you outlvl enemies quickly. Btw, the skill points come more from Places of Power than just lvling up.

Also, you cant really use all skills in the game all at once, so no need to get all skills unlocked. I got the sword build the last time i played and some alchemy and signs.

Whirl with Deadly Precision is awesome. Its very tactical tho. Love the balancing in Witcher 3. The only thing i wish that was better is Relics actually being useful. Sets just are so much better and sometimes even OP. I always went with griffin set first.

Now that i bought the game legally i do my last play through, one to create a save file for NG+ and then NG+ itself. I will wear Wolf School gear then.

That was 50 Euro well spent for sure.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:30:57 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Out of every game I've tried on the steam controller this one feels the best, I could never go back to a mouse and keyboard or even a standard controller after playing like this.

I think I liked playing the Gwent minigame as much as I liked the rest of the game. If CD Projekt Red made a standalone Gwent app I would play the shit out of it.

They could've reduced the shitty hidden treasures out at sea in Skellige by like 75% and no one would complain. I knew I shouldn't bother with them after 2 or 3 but the completionist in me couldn't just let them sit there :( Other than that I don't think I have any complaints about the game, one of my favorites of all time.

Gwent is becoming its own game actually. At first they said no as it would involve a lot of work and they got Cyberpunk 2077 to finish now. But seems they got so much support that they do it anyways.

On the treasures in skellige, i totally agree. It was just way too much stuff that i drop or sell anyways.
The loot scales with your level, so you're better off waiting till end game to grab most of those loot caches. There are some very good uniques that can be obtained at a higher level that's far and above superior to the Witcher Sets. There are quests that give gear, and the same is also true. But some of the quest rewards have are capped, but some of the caps are decently high enough to make you think about getting it later.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 6, 2016, 1:25:49 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
The loot scales with your level, so you're better off waiting till end game to grab most of those loot caches. There are some very good uniques that can be obtained at a higher level that's far and above superior to the Witcher Sets. There are quests that give gear, and the same is also true. But some of the quest rewards have are capped, but some of the caps are decently high enough to make you think about getting it later.

Im going with the Wolf set in my final run anyways tho. Will be fun to do for sure as i played the game so many times by now i can play it blind.

What was anyones favorite fight? Imlerith the first time was a reload fest, like damn. And on NG+ Caranthir became somewhat OP.
"
solwitch wrote:
Agreed. Loved the first witcher. 3 is just too similar.
"
LOOZING wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Agreed. Loved the first witcher. 3 is just too similar.

The gameplay is awesome tho. Playing Witcher 2 atm and its just not the same without the smooth fighting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info