I got hacked

Hello GGG.

I'm just reporting that my stash has been stolen, and I don't know how. I've not used any 3rd party programs, or logged on to any other site with my information. Only valuables were taken from my stash, while my characters remain intact. I'm not blaming you, just letting you know.

Anyone else experinced this?

Edit1: My characters are NOT untouched. I just found out I'm missing a legendary ring too. So, everything of value has been taken from me. Someone has granted access to my account, and I have not shared my information anywhere.
Last edited by MuuhMuuh on Feb 19, 2013, 5:06:19 PM
wow so many people getting hacked and a lot of people say its not POE fault i bet it is.
IGN:crazysid
"
wow so many people getting hacked and a lot of people say its not POE fault i bet it is.

There really haven't been that many people hacked. There are around 300k daily players, and I would guess there are quite a few more casuals that play a couple time a week. If you look at today, there has been MAYBE 50 new people saying they have been hacked, and that's being generous.

That's .01% of the daily players population. Not a significant amount.
"

I'm not saying it ain't their fault. I'm just not pointing fingers.

All I'm doing is letting them know that I've been hacked as well. Maybe they should work on an authentication system, like Guild Wars have ?
Last edited by MuuhMuuh on Feb 19, 2013, 4:24:16 PM
I also got hacked!!!! They deleted all my chars.. And kicked me out for like 1min.. Than I logged back in and all my chars was gone but one.. And it wasent mine.. They made a new char and the name was ( DontBeScardRuRdy).. Wtf?? Can I get a reset on my account?? I have put a lot of time to this game..
"
Smash87 wrote:
I also got hacked!!!! They deleted all my chars.. And kicked me out for like 1min.. Than I logged back in and all my chars was gone but one.. And it wasent mine.. They made a new char and the name was ( DontBeScardRuRdy).. Wtf?? Can I get a reset on my account?? I have put a lot of time to this game..

I'm not sure, but I don't think they can reset your account just like that. You might have to take more personal contact.
"
MuuhMuuh wrote:
"

I'm not saying it ain't their fault. I'm just not pointing fingers.

All I'm doing is letting them know that I've been hacked as well. Maybe they should work on an authentication system, like Guild Wars have ?

New security measures are about 1 week out according to Chris.

Characters cannot currently be restored.
That's great news at least! :) Thanks for telling us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info