In which he says "I have no idea what's going on " deadeye edition

Lightning arrow , Richochet, and powerful precision.

My computer is a potato and my graphics settings are low. What I see is shoot bow, stuff happens, dead mobs. I'm trying to work out what the interactions are supposed to be and what is actually happening. Faster projectiles has not made this any easier since much of the action happens off screen.

Lightning arrow seems to proc on its initial hit no matter what. Then the arrows keep going, generally off screen. I don't know if they are piercing, chaining, or piercing then chaining. Whatever is going on, I never see them return to me. Question time.

1. If the arrows pierce, is that just for the initial hit or for their entire travel distance?

2. If the arrows pierce, which hits proc LA?

3. Is pierce chance rolled before or after chain?

4. With chain, do both the initial and second hit proc LA?

5. Is the distance the arrows return included in the entire distance the arrows will travel?

6. When the arrows chain, is the distance the arrows travel to the next target included in the entire travel distance?

My guess for why I never see the arrows return is that between pierce and chain the arrows travel distance expires either before they can return or they do return but never make it back on screen before they expire. Because use they leave the screen so quickly I can't tell which hits proc LA. I wonder if I should just take the bleed node (can't remember the name ) but I don't really want to spend 10 regrets to do it.

Are these Ascendancy choices good for LA?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last bumped on Jul 6, 2016, 9:05:42 AM
1. They roll pierce chance on every hit until it fails, if your pierce chance is 100% you will pierce everything until the projectile reaches max range.

2. Every hit will proc the LA effect, same goes for Ice shot.

3. Before, it goes pierce-fork-chain.

4. See 2.

5. No idea, but you can check it easily. Hit something in on of the top corners of the screen, that's ~100 units or something, the projectile can travel 120 units before it vanishes so it should dissipate on the way back if it's so.

6. Yes.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
5. Is the distance the arrows return included in the entire distance the arrows will travel?

The returning arrows can travel really far. I have seen arrows come from off screen, all the way back past my character and off the other edge of the screen.

raics answered the other questions.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info