Prophecy Challenge Statistics

This league has just felt like a long boring grind in my opinion...I'm at 25 "challenges" (feels more like busy work) and feeling pretty brain dead, I've made 4 builds in this league and still cant manage to make grinding the remaining challenges feel like more than a chore. I do like the proph mechanic and the new end game bosses, just feel like there wasn't much creativity put into the challenges. This will be the first league I wont go out of my way for 100% challenge completion. That aside...think GGG is doing a great job with new content and performance stability.
yea that fucking make sense
"
This league has just felt like a long boring grind in my opinion...I'm at 25 "challenges" (feels more like busy work) and feeling pretty brain dead, I've made 4 builds in this league and still cant manage to make grinding the remaining challenges feel like more than a chore. I do like the proph mechanic and the new end game bosses, just feel like there wasn't much creativity put into the challenges. This will be the first league I wont go out of my way for 100% challenge completion. That aside...think GGG is doing a great job with new content and performance stability.

Yeah, the Prophecies feel more like busy work after a while. The "newness" of them sort of wears off after a while.

I'm still trying to get more prophecies by closing out the rewardless ones and doing the chains or reward ones when possible. Still some content I haven't seen yet related to Prophecies.

GGG, is there any way to weight the RNG for prophecies so that we have a lesser chance of getting the same, reward-less ones over and over again? I can't tell you how many times I've completed the one with spirit from another world or the seven rare undeads return.

Otherwise, still having fun with Prophecy.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
GGG, is there any way to weight the RNG for prophecies so that we have a lesser chance of getting the same, reward-less ones over and over again? I can't tell you how many times I've completed the one with spirit from another world or the seven rare undeads return.

After an update, prophecy rarity is now based on character level and what difficulty you are in. A lot of the backtracking ones, or generally "useless" non-rewarding prophecies will not be given out after you hit certain level brackets. I'm 90, for example, and haven't had a single prophecy given to me that wasn't rewarding in some way. The closest ones that come to 0 reward are the ones where I kill a monster and it turns rare(shot at rare/unique items), or I kill a rare monster and it spawns a tormented spirit (shot at rare/unique items and currency).

So just wait for it. Save your coins for Merciless difficulty.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Jul 8, 2016, 1:13:04 AM
Also, an update. I finally killed a rare Pitbull Demon.

Spoiler
As a fucking guest monster in Necropolis map
Bring back race seasons.
I have made around 6-7 character this league, the only one which was able to make it was bladefall trapper.
Manage to level bladefall (7 gems) to LEVEL 20 and 2 out of them to level 21. Sold one for 1.5EX to purchase a few items to support challenges.
820 is another way where you get help to solve your Challenges.
Good luck and you can get 36 in 2 months time.
GGG should consider making only hardcore leagues for this special 3month leagues thus players would feel the actual real value of the effort the staff put in every time. This is my wish/hope and hopefully GGG would try it once.
https://www.pathofexile.com/
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Also, an update. I finally killed a rare Pitbull Demon.

Spoiler
As a fucking guest monster in Necropolis map

LOL

That spoiler got me good.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
@SuGaRDaDylReBoRN, i respect your opinion but how will it help those who have other priorities in their daily lives but still want to have fun playing new content?

My character have died a few times because i need to leave game in middle if my kids are asking for some help or i need to tend to them when they wake up at night. Using your logic i would never be able to have any progress as i have to keep creating new character because i was forced to play hardcore?
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

After an update, prophecy rarity is now based on character level and what difficulty you are in. A lot of the backtracking ones, or generally "useless" non-rewarding prophecies will not be given out after you hit certain level brackets. I'm 90, for example, and haven't had a single prophecy given to me that wasn't rewarding in some way. The closest ones that come to 0 reward are the ones where I kill a monster and it turns rare(shot at rare/unique items), or I kill a rare monster and it spawns a tormented spirit (shot at rare/unique items and currency).

So just wait for it. Save your coins for Merciless difficulty.

The RNG has indeed been weighed to some degree. As far as I am concerned, there still is something left to be desired. Eventhough I have 2 lvl 90 characters at this point, I still get stuff like "kill rare x/y) for uniques, quite a few kill monster x with weapon/item y equipped (upgrade prophecies), and generally pointless stuff like frogs/rats which pretty much represents the "least worst" prophecies. Also, I still get the "ambitious bandits" chain quite often. So, as far as the lvl 90 bracket is considered, it is more like a mystery to me, that I am still hoping to experience for myself. This far I can safely say I have exceeded the realms of "poor RNG", for that matter...

"
GGG should consider making only hardcore leagues for this special 3month leagues thus players would feel the actual real value of the effort the staff put in every time. This is my wish/hope and hopefully GGG would try it once.

I do not see how that would have anything to do with the appreciation players have for the content in question. Let alone that quite a few players are already annoyed be the "harcore-lite-experience" that comes with the lord's labyrinth. If you start gating parts of the new content behind a HC only league, you will end up messing with the "casual-oriented playerbase" which not only represents a large part of this community in terms of pure numbers, but also does the "heavy-lifting" in terms of supporting GGG by laying down money for MTXs. While your argument might be true to some extent, in regards to getting challenges done, it has little to no effect on the actual appreciation of the content that comes with the leagues.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
Last edited by Sure_K4y on Jul 8, 2016, 4:32:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info