Iron Reflexes, is it worth it?

"
adghar wrote:
Not sure if Deadpeng is operating on old information - he's definitely said some odd things in the past (he's claimed that x% increased physical on a Weapon can't be scaled by passives while x-y flat physical on Weapons can, which is not true by any stretch of the imagination. Was he drunk that day?)

Really, Deadpeng said that too? I thought it was Shagsbeard.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
Not sure if Deadpeng is operating on old information - he's definitely said some odd things in the past (he's claimed that x% increased physical on a Weapon can't be scaled by passives while x-y flat physical on Weapons can, which is not true by any stretch of the imagination. Was he drunk that day?)

My bad! Talk about Name and Shame. Should I edit my post to be a little less accusatory?

EDIT: I stand by my assertion that Decoy Totem is mad OPs nowadays, though. (Again, not sure exactly in the case of Uber Izaro, but it's still been useful for Merc and below.)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jul 6, 2016, 12:23:18 AM
"
adghar wrote:

I stand by my assertion that Decoy Totem is mad OPs nowadays, though. (Again, not sure exactly in the case of Uber Izaro, but it's still been useful for Merc and below.)
Worked well enough for me, just had to pick and choose when I summoned it and it didn't seem to have any effect against the ghost on Izzy's back, she kept throwing green balls in my face the entire fight disregarding the totem entirely.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
adghar wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
adghar wrote:

My bad! Talk about Name and Shame. Should I edit my post to be a little less accusatory?

EDIT: I stand by my assertion that Decoy Totem is mad OPs nowadays, though. (Again, not sure exactly in the case of Uber Izaro, but it's still been useful for Merc and below.)

LOL. I was wondering when did I ever get that drunk.

I did not say decoy totem is weak. I just find the cast speed too slow to mean much in any high tier boss fight. Decoy totem has a solid 1 second totem placement time that he has to deal with, remember.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I did not say decoy totem is weak. I just find the cast speed too slow to mean much in any high tier boss fight. Decoy totem has a solid 1 second totem placement time that he has to deal with, remember.

For Izaro (and other scripted boss fights) this is less of an issue, because you can cast it before the boss activates. Then, as long as you re-cast it before it dies or expires, you're good to go.

For a boss like Argus (who is pretty easy as long as you don't stand still for too long) or a Beyond Demon (which attack the whole screen anyway, regardless of who they are aiming at) then I can see it would be less useful though. I have definitely considered picking up some totem placement speed nodes on non-totem characters before.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 6, 2016, 2:49:43 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Totem placement is decidedly less than one second ever since it's not a Cast anymore.

----
Decoys completely trivialise Argus, too. He's exceptionally easy to crowd-control, as he seems to go at whatever is closest.
"
viciousnugget wrote:
Iron Reflexes, is it worth it?

No one can answer this question in general. It completely depents on your char and playstyle. I have one of my marauders for example with armor as one of his defensive layers. He is wearing a

and uses flasks like

and he is running grace. For this char IR is really great but for a lot of other chars (in fact all my other chars) IR is plain horrible.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I've seen reach of the council builds that take iron reflexes (along with vaal pact) for reflect purposes? You have to run grace for it to be effective and your crits still hurt but it should prevent you from killing yourself if you also have enough life leech.

However, uber izaro's biggest hits can be much larger than even your reflected crits (since you only reflect like 18% of your physical damage per arrow), so the armour does become noticeably less effective if you can't manually dodge his biggest attacks.
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 6, 2016, 8:22:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info