What do you want to see in act 5? Snow mountain, desert or...

I have been wanting actual environment effects for over 4 years (check my sig)

It's funny, Chris talks about immersion...Yet, I don't think the game has much to offer in terms of immersion.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:

It's funny, Chris talks about immersion...Yet, I don't think the game has much to offer in terms of immersion.

The game engine chokes to death when a dozen people are standing stationary in one town. Do you honestly think it can handle precipitation?
This is a buff™
"
"
laycast wrote:

The game engine chokes to death when a dozen people are standing stationary in one town. Do you honestly think it can handle precipitation?

I think people's graphics cards would spontaneously combust
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
"
laycast wrote:

I dont understand why people run the game on a potato but i run it on a GTX 550 and never had issues with either rain or player numbers in town. The only thing that ever messed with my PC was a 6 person party with someone spamming some crazy COC build setup.
"
"
"
laycast wrote:

I dont understand why people run the game on a potato but i run it on a GTX 550 and never had issues with either rain or player numbers in town. The only thing that ever messed with my PC was a 6 person party with someone spamming some crazy COC build setup.

It's not about the graphics card. Look, I've had this conversation six billion times so I'm not going to get into gross detail again. Long story short: This game is optimized so poorly that it will stutter and sputter completely independent of the user's hardware. I'm sick of hearing the "potato" argument when there is a long, LONG history of posts around here of people with NASA-level rigs complaining about freezes and lag spikes. The software does not work.
This is a buff™
"
"
"
ame has much to offer in terms of immersion.

It's not about the graphics card. Look, I've had this conversation six billion times so I'm not going to get into gross detail again. Long story short: This game is optimized so poorly that it will stutter and sputter completely independent of the user's hardware. I'm sick of hearing the "potato" argument when there is a long, LONG history of posts around here of people with NASA-level rigs complaining about freezes and lag spikes. The software does not work.[/quote]

GGG needs to move the game to a different engine then. I think one of the people who does graphics stuff said he would love to do POE in Unreal Engine. Too bad they wont do the work needed to move it to that engine.

If money is the issue, well, they should stop trying to please paying top players and start paying attention to casual new players who may pay less individually but i think will pay more overall.
More nasty stuff like the belly. Snow and deserts are so tired and played out. Want snow? Go play Skyrim or move to Canada.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
vio wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We try to avoid high-fantasy tropes, and instead look at Lovecraft, Poe and Robert E Howard for inspiration.

guess the answer is in one of their books. and i would like dystopic and dark worlds.

This, the itemization and the cool uniques is the reason I play this game. So grateful someone made a darker arpg.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
What would act 5 possibly provide that earlier acts haven't? Acts are usually made in order to further a plot and, for the most part, that was about surviving the lingering devastation that damned an entire continent and its empires. In act 4, we reach the climax of killing the very source of corruption itself, practically destroying a god.

The only thing I imagine happening in act 5 is that you somehow make it back to Oriath in search of revenge for being exiled (which we already did in act 3). It's either that, or you go to some Ezomyte or Maraketh territory in pursuit of some petty mission (in comparison to act 4).

I don't think we're gonna get an act 5 in the next expansion (I'll eat my words if there's actually official confirmation that there will be). If anything, we'll probably get some more stuff added to the world we've already got like what happened with Sacrifice of the Vaal, Forsaken Masters and the Labyrinth.

Plot twist Malachai was himself just a puppet. The real source is still out there. Boom, Act 5.
Deliver pain exquisite
Uranus
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info