10 Things I Learned hunting Unique Strongbox for challenge

"
Heli0nix wrote:
About trials Alysma the way i found the most and made lot of currencies this way was when i did the 300 maps challenges. Used to open low map with straight forward tilesets and LOT of movespeed ( around 200 full buffed ) and found around 1 trials all 6/7 runs you could eventualy getting to it this way if you give importance to SF challenge. If not then yeah just ask in 820 it will be way faster :)

Btw out of curiosity, what tilesets did you run?

I basically saved all Tropical Island, Dunes, Channel, Mountain Ledge, Shore, and ofc Museum/Arena. Didn't quite hit 200 MS, think with Raider was getting somewhere around 160% or so.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
"
Heli0nix wrote:
About trials Alysma the way i found the most and made lot of currencies this way was when i did the 300 maps challenges. Used to open low map with straight forward tilesets and LOT of movespeed ( around 200 full buffed ) and found around 1 trials all 6/7 runs you could eventualy getting to it this way if you give importance to SF challenge. If not then yeah just ask in 820 it will be way faster :)

Btw out of curiosity, what tilesets did you run?

I basically saved all Tropical Island, Dunes, Channel, Mountain Ledge, Shore, and ofc Museum/Arena. Didn't quite hit 200 MS, think with Raider was getting somewhere around 160% or so.

Dunes / tropical / shore / cemetery / graveyard / strand / pier / wharf / channel / mud geyser / arena / ledge.

In fact any maps where you can have a direct access to the boss ( cemetery for example ) or a straight forward run.
Ended to stop at 200 and switched to piety after.

Note: Piety is without any discussions possible the most efficient way to get to this challenge. It's less costly than maps / low level less risk and while piety usualy drop one map on 4 runs most of time; she can drop up to 7 maps in a row sometimes. ( not 7 at the same time but not sure how to say it correctly in english ).

If you play in group rotations might help if and only if there are fast runners. I remember wasting more time watching my coffee during good old piety runs than actualy getting profit of them in group.

Caerr rotations could work. Still have 300 to run / time to spent facing the poe.trade wall of afk etc ... group management it's boring.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 4, 2016, 5:02:16 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
cut

Played two pg. One is almost lv92, the other is lv88 (but i almost use it just to do atziri kills for 40/40).

I miss two things: one prophecy chain. I cant get the last one. RNG is very bad for me. I have to buy this challenge.
This league i haven't drop a single exalted orb. It is totally absurd. The previous league i dropped 3-6ex for league, depend on luck. I play a lot this game so that should be a fair number, considering you can get money even from something else: the proof that i play a lot this game is that im at 200/300 map dropped from bosses (and i didn't do piety or other things in party, i hate those party rotation... for me is a waste of time to do master rotation, so piety runs are an insane waste of time: i just like to run maps or uberlab alone and stop).

This league, though, i haven't dropped anything good: just three days ago i dropped a brittle emperor from the 100th uberlab run. This is the only good drop for me in this league.

Not to mention that i had to pay the box like you did. Of course i couldn't find it myself. Another challenge literally "bought": it doesn't depend at all the skill of the player.

I think GGG should erase these challenges: they are not "challenges", it's just blind luck.
Last edited by Serge91 on Jul 4, 2016, 8:15:07 AM
I proudly chanced unique strongbox in merci axiom prison while leveling up. Was chancing each and every strongbox from normal.
Well in just 3-5 days i have found 4 unique strongboxes:Ashes of the Condemned,Brinerot Cache,Perandus Bank and Kaoms cache.
And all of them where spawned on the maps.
So i was quite lucky :)

got unique 3 times, including one upon lauching Monstrous Treasure (Ashes)
2 times during non-map mercilless prophecy fulfilling (Lake, Docks)
btw everytime I got Treasure in low tier map I have 1+ carto-box....
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
I've seen 3 unique strongboxes now. 1 strange barrel and 2 koams. None of them were for the challenge...
I don't understand why people chasing 40 complain about 1-2 challenges being unfairly difficult or having to much RNG. It is all 40 challenges it is supposed to be hard. You still finished with like 2 months to go.

Players should expect to buy challenges or parts of challenges every league, this isn't a solo game there is no solo mode you should expect to have to trade if you want all 40 challenges. This league's challenges were much more grindy and much less RNG then the previous leagues as requested by the forums and yet people still complain at any bit of RNG.

Edit/P.S.
We should all be thankful they didn't make us grind Zana to 8 again, that one while completely within the realm of achievable was just getting repetitive and boring. Heck this league did a great job with a new variety of challenges considering how they don't want to narrow the endgame choices.
Last edited by OldmanBlackdragon on Jul 4, 2016, 11:20:57 AM
Does the unique box in the prophecy chain count?
Definitely not - I opened it before I chanced unique Ashes of Condemned box and nothing happened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info