10 Things I Learned hunting Unique Strongbox for challenge

An homage to SpanishMonarch and more recent Saranghaeyo_'s threads
I was stuck at 39/40 cause of this " challenge " and have made some observations.
That's actualy the only one i've done with the help of forum / 820 / public party and maybe one twinned map aswell.

1/ Chancing boxes is useless
2/ Buying monstruous treasures is useless
3/ It's only about rng and it seems RNG DIFFER A LOT FROM AN ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER :devilsmile:
4/ Chancing more boxes is useless
5/ Opening areas in any difficulties and running trought them with 200% move speed full buffed is ...
USELESS
6/ You will expect to find it in dried lake
7/ And finaly will get it from somebody enough kind to accept your exalt ( posted on forum + 820 + public party at the same time)
8/ In sewers
9/ If you are stuck at 39/40 with a challenge like that you will honestly re-consider the love you have for this game.
10/ You will finaly say thanks to players who offered you for free some monstruous treasures / chances orbs / scourings to help you finish last " challenge ? ". ( Beers and pizzas anytime ).

3 characters 85/87/90 in three weeks on 4 ( had one fully afk ).
Ended 40/40 last Friday thanks to community help.
I havn't counted chances used and i think that's better like that.

0 unique box.

Next time i don't even do challenges. The burnout is real.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 4, 2016, 4:01:28 AM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2016, 12:08:14 PM
I got my uniq box yesterday, in like 5-or-6 monstrous treasure map. 1 Koams box before too.

But rng is rng :)
Congrats on 40, man. I'm getting close and then it's time to say goodbye to Prophecy.

I got ridiculously lucky imo chasing the Strongbox, and like you I figured hey let's chance these with Monstrous Treasure, should be np. After burning through 7-8 Monstrous Treasure, I started to reconsider. I actually posted a WTB Strongbox for 1 exa in the Trade Forum. But actually I wound up getting it about 30 runs into Atziri, Mutewind Cache sitting in one of the rooms.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
BestiyaLV wrote:
I got my uniq box yesterday, in like 5-or-6 monstrous treasure map. 1 Koams box before too.

Why can't we have some more non rng gated challenge ?
At this point i would have prefered farm 500 time core malachai or find the secret of fishing in PoE.

"
Congrats on 40, man. I'm getting close and then it's time to say goodbye to Prophecy.

I got ridiculously lucky imo chasing the Strongbox, and like you I figured hey let's chance these with Monstrous Treasure, should be np. After burning through 7-8 Monstrous Treasure, I started to reconsider. I actually posted a WTB Strongbox for 1 exa in the Trade Forum. But actually I wound up getting it about 30 runs into Atziri, Mutewind Cache sitting in one of the rooms.

Thank you :) I havn't said good bye to Prophecy just slept few hours after :D ( few )
Ehhh after burnout will just play next league and challenges again like always.
Hopefuly work will allow me to give it a try in HC next time i'm expecting it to be way more challenging this way.
Good luck with your last runs !
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jul 4, 2016, 4:42:32 AM
"
BestiyaLV wrote:

Same here: I didn't keep track but it was about the fourth or fifth "Monstrous Treasure" when I got it. Can't seem to find any other trials beside the "Piercing Truth", though so it's time for /global 820, too...

I found my first unique strongbox this league while leveling in Cruel. I found another one on my 3rd map. I dont even play that much.

RNG is RNG.

PS: Isnt there a prophey that gives a guaranteed unique strongbox? It was one of the prophecy chains that gives a key to the pale council. Does that box count?
Yeah, in Plaguemaw IV you have to open a unique box but it doesn't count. Neither do the ones in Oba's for example.
"
MANGUERA wrote:
I found my first unique strongbox this league while leveling in Cruel. I found another one on my 3rd map. I dont even play that much.

RNG is RNG.

PS: Isnt there a prophey that gives a guaranteed unique strongbox? It was one of the prophecy chains that gives a key to the pale council. Does that box count?

It does not. You need the new Strongboxes and some others, can't remember off the top of my head.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
About trials Alysma the way i found the most and made lot of currencies this way was when i did the 300 maps challenges. Used to open low map with straight forward tilesets and LOT of movespeed ( around 200 full buffed ) and found around 1 trials all 6/7 runs you could eventualy getting to it this way if you give importance to SF challenge. If not then yeah just ask in 820 it will be way faster :)
Yeah, I'm speedrunning all my lower maps but trials seem to be my RNG curse this league :-D

So, I checked and here are the names of the boxes that count for the challenge:

Ashes of the Condemned
Brinerot Cache
Deshret's Storm
Mutewind Cache
Redblade Cache
Renegades Cache

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info