Wake up

Today i woke up from a weird dream. In the future, there was a nuclear war... and i traveled back in time to the present. But i knew i was powerless to prevent the war. So i just lived. But not in a the traditional manner. I didnt follow the rules. I didnt conform to the expectations of society. I was like 'the dude'. All the distractions of life were meaningless. Status was irrelevant. Winning was pointless.

I woke up so so content and peaceful.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2016, 9:59:58 PM
It doesn't matter if there will be a nuclear war, we're all going to die one way or another.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 4, 2016, 5:20:06 AM
@SkyCore Sounds like an intriguing dream, it's nice waking up feeling content and peaceful

@Bars I do enjoy your bluntness :)
It's amusing to me that congress need to approve things like Iraq war but the president could annihilate the earths species on a word in minutes. Couple presidents in fact could and more to come. Those weapons really need to go.

I believe its just a matter of time. I was reading this article on close calls and we all came shockiong close to not being here. With countries like India, pakistan, china turkey etc etc acquiring strategic depth it multiplies it. And not in a good way like those "more" gems we keep getting.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 4, 2016, 9:35:20 AM
"

But... but... I was trying to be encouraging :P

There's no need of an impending nuclear apocalypse to realise the fleeting nature of life and rise above its petty concerns :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"

But... but... I was trying to be encouraging :P

There's no need of an impending nuclear apocalypse to realise the fleeting nature of life and rise above its petty concerns :)

Oh I agree, and personally feel like we should try to spend more time enjoying the things that bring joy to our life, and the people that do this also, than stress over things such as this (I'm not saying it's not an issue, just trying to keep it light).

However, your posts are ones that are pretty easy to spot and they do tend to make me chuckle.
If nukes dont do us in mass food riots from GW or the machines will take us out (like terminator). Can't worry about it Bars is right. Just live and try to be happy as possible.
Git R Dun!
"

However, your posts are ones that are pretty easy to spot and they do tend to make me chuckle.

*forum blush*

I even scrolled through my last few pages of forum posts and found nothing chuckle inducing, at least at a first glance, so I'm doubly flatterred - imagine if I tried to be funny :P
For some reason this thread reminds me that Ecclesiastes is the only decent book in the Old Testament. Like if you got an old sage to have a few drinks at the pub and rant for a bit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
So basically you dreamed of being me, ignoring the back from the future part.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info