7L Blade Flurry - Ashrend, Gull & Flow Untethered - No Unrealistic Buffs/Abyssus -3mil DMG vs Shaper

"
whoismiked wrote:
Great Build!

Question: I noticed that with blood rage active for some reason my total life is always 5 less HP than max, no matter what I do (am leeching, using potion, ect), I have well over the required life regen to maintain is with no degen, it's just stuck, sitting still, at 5 less than max anytime BR is active. I also noticed in your hideout screenshot that your life seems to be doing the same thing, your life is showing 5623/5630.

So the question is: is melee damage on full life actually working? I know path of building says that it is, but POB can sometimes be unreliable in certain obscure scenarios, like possibly this one, and the in game tooltip for Blade Flurry is notorious for giving false readings, so is there anyway to confirm if it is actually working? We are technically not at full life with BR active.

Edit: Looks like I found some info about this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1619207/page/2

Hi there, I believe that since 2.6 patch, the reduction of HP during Blood Rage active is just a visual bug. In any circumstance if your regen is greater than the degen from Blood Rage (or any external factors like poison ground), then you will profit from the Melee Damage on Full Life gem.

Here you can refer to what GGG_Neon said.
Spoiler
"
Lawyne wrote:
got an Uber Atziri vid with your build maybe?

The motivation to do Uber Atziri is so low as I never buy those fragments or even grind those fragments by doing normal variant. Thanks for the reminder, I might use one of my Atziri service to get a record. :)
"
whoismiked wrote:
Great Build!

Question: I noticed that with blood rage active for some reason my total life is always 5 less HP than max, no matter what I do (am leeching, using potion, ect), I have well over the required life regen to maintain is with no degen, it's just stuck, sitting still, at 5 less than max anytime BR is active. I also noticed in your hideout screenshot that your life seems to be doing the same thing, your life is showing 5623/5630.

So the question is: is melee damage on full life actually working? I know path of building says that it is, but POB can sometimes be unreliable in certain obscure scenarios, like possibly this one, and the in game tooltip for Blade Flurry is notorious for giving false readings, so is there anyway to confirm if it is actually working? We are technically not at full life with BR active.

Edit: Looks like I found some info about this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1619207/page/2

I just made a short video how to check that mdofl is working when regen is higher than degen :)
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
Last edited by Lawyne on Jun 23, 2017, 1:25:04 AM
@lawyne & Aalhamas

Thanks guys!!!
"
Against Shaper. Honour Etcher + Honour Etcher + Atziri's Promise + Diamond Flask + Sin's Rebirth + Taste of Hate + Lion's Roar = 2.12mil DPS

In conclusion, the second setup is ideal for killing Shaper and Guardians alike. There is no DPS loss if we dual wield equal DPS weapon and instead it will boost the DPS given the conditions that the second weapon has Global effect such as Global Critical Strike Multiplier or Global Critical Strike Chance.
Else, dual wield two weapons will provide no benefits if there is no global effect.

In a matter of fact, I gained 40k DPS by getting the second setup.

In a case where you were not using deaths hand, how would you gain power charges?
"
whoismiked wrote:
In a case where you were not using deaths hand, how would you gain power charges?

The only way to gain power charge is through Death's Hand in my current build, unfortunately. However, there is a reliable way to amend the build to gain them. One of the few is through Spectral Throw + Power Charge Gain on Hit Gem + Greater Multiple Projectile + Blood Magic.

You can adjust above Spectral Throw setup to suits your build such as replacing Blooc Magic with Faster Attack or Greater Multiple Projectile to Faster Attack Instead.
Last edited by Aalhamas on Jun 24, 2017, 12:23:51 AM
"
Aalhamas wrote:
"
whoismiked wrote:

The only way to gain power charge is through Death's Hand in my current build, unfortunately. However, there is a reliable way to amend the build to gain them. One of the few is through Spectral Throw + Power Charge Gain on Hit Gem + Greater Multiple Projectile + Blood Magic.

You can adjust above Spectral Throw setup to suits your build such as replacing Blooc Magic with Faster Attack or Greater Multiple Projectile to Faster Attack Instead.

Absolutely, but that requires another level of micromanaging that could get tiresome to a lot of people, as well as another set of sockets being taken up for it and in turn having to sacrifice something else for it.

There is also the blue dream jewel option, but would also be a sacrifice of a DPS/Life jewel.

The only reason I was curious and asked was because you were having a discussion a few pages back about the impact of using Death's hand, you and Lawyne were basically saying that the reason for using DH was for the unholy might, but I feel the free power charge generation is a key selling point as well :)

Anyways, I want to take a moment to say thank you very much for this guide. I played an ES assassin version of Blade Flurry for most of Legacy and was in love with it and was pretty devastated to learn that with 3.0 it would not be possible to instant leech anymore with ES, so this version is exactly what I was looking for! :)
Last edited by whoismiked on Jun 24, 2017, 10:22:06 AM
You wont be able to stun the Shaper, so no charges for you while usind DH.
For sure it is the best statstick for mapping tho.
If you want powercharges for the Shaper just swap your weapons and throw some traps with Jaws of Agony while he is talking to Zana.

Anyway, dual wielding two mirrored weapons is absurd and the profit of dps ridiculous...
Per discussion some pages ago I just wanted to understand why DH is so mighty ;)

This build has some great ideas and gave a lot if inspiration to me, thanks too :D
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
Last edited by Lawyne on Jun 24, 2017, 3:58:31 AM
"
Lawyne wrote:
You wont be able to stun the Shaper, so no charges for you while usind DH.
For sure it is the best statstick for mapping tho.
If you want powercharges for the Shaper just swap your weapons and throw some traps with Jaws of Agony while he is talking to Zana.

Anyway, dual wielding two mirrored weapons is absurd and the profit of dps ridiculous...
Per discussion some pages ago I just wanted to understand why DH is so mighty ;)

This build has some great ideas and gave a lot if inspiration to me, thanks too :D

Ah! You are correct, I kept forgetting about the not stunning shaper part. But yes, no worries, I have been using the jaws swap on boss fight anyways for most crit builds I've played :)
Way too expensive. Cheers to Samurai Champloo!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info