Is there a better way to find a unique strongbox?

Is there a better way to find a unique strongbox, other than Monstrous Treasure prophecy?

I've been spamming Monstrous Treasure maps for 2 days now, around 50 maps, that is 1800 boxes.
This is not counting the boxes I encountered in regular maps up to lvl 91.
All normal boxes were chanced.

Still no unique strongbox challenge completion.

The only (and I do really mean only) one unique box I found was Perandus Cache which of course did not count for challenge

So.. is there a better way?
Should I continue spamming Monstrous Treasure?
Or fuck it, just run Piety 300 times to get that stupid manky?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 3, 2016, 3:26:50 PM
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2016, 4:07:57 PM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Oba%27s_Cursed_Trove

for the last room, where the player will find five Strongboxes of itemlevel 79.

Two rare ornate Strongboxes
A unique Jeweller's Strongbox (Oba's Prized Cache)
A unique Arcanist's Strongbox (Oba's Riches)
A unique Gemcutter's Strongbox (Oba's Glittering Stash)
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
kamil1210 wrote:

None of these count for challenge
personally I hate it when challenges depend on finding some ultra rare box or item. drives me bananas
"
SimianJyhad wrote:
personally I hate it when challenges depend on finding some ultra rare box or item. drives me bananas

And that is how I feel now... at least with something like 200 Shrines you know you can just spam Domination maps and eventually get them...
On the other hand, some people just found the stupid box randomly, while I opened 2000 boxes (ran quite a few more Monstrous Treasure maps) specifically searching for unique one and did not find it...
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 3, 2016, 4:57:31 PM
OP, when you're running the Monstrous Treasure maps, are you also scouring and chancing appropriate chests or are you just hoping that they spawn that way?
"
OP, when you're running the Monstrous Treasure maps, are you also scouring and chancing appropriate chests or are you just hoping that they spawn that way?

I only use Scours if I find them in maps.

If I scoured every box I'd lose so much currency that I wouldn't be able to sustain this wild ride anymore... with no guarantee that the box will ever appear. WIthout scours Monstrous Treasure is self-sustainable, and you can run it indefinitely.

Chancing every box once doubles the chance to get a unique, while magnifying the cost of running the map by like 3-4 times. Not worth it. This method saves time, but you burn currency super fast with it, spending way more than you gain.
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 3, 2016, 5:19:57 PM
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Are you sure? These counted in Perandus league for the "Open a Unique Strongbox" Challenge, as that is what I used to finish my challenge and I sold the other 2 boxes to other people.

That being said, you seem to be in a terrible rut. I haven't been actively searching for strongboxes and I've already encountered 2 or 3 unique boxes this league. The new boxes they've added seem to be popping up an awful lot.

Hmm actually that gives me an idea....
The Plaguemaw Prophecy gives you a unique Arcanist's Box in it's fourth part. Might that one count towards the challenge for you? Maybe grinding prophecies or trying to buy the correct sealed ones is the way to go?

Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
"
Nick42 wrote:
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Are you sure? These counted in Perandus league for the "Open a Unique Strongbox" Challenge, as that is what I used to finish my challenge and I sold the other 2 boxes to other people.

That being said, you seem to be in a terrible rut. I haven't been actively searching for strongboxes and I've already encountered 2 or 3 unique boxes this league. The new boxes they've added seem to be popping up an awful lot.

Hmm actually that gives me an idea....
The Plaguemaw Prophecy gives you a unique Arcanist's Box in it's fourth part. Might that one count towards the challenge for you? Maybe grinding prophecies or trying to buy the correct sealed ones is the way to go?

It's listed in the Challenge which ones count. And no, the Plaguemaw one doesn't, unfortunately.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"

It's listed in the Challenge which ones count. And no, the Plaguemaw one doesn't, unfortunately.

Ah shoot I didn't realize it was a specific list of boxes. I never bothered to read it since I completed it by accident.

I saw in another thread people were saying to just load up on chances and scours and then find a box of the correct basetype. Seems like a terribly expensive way to do it.

I would just play the game as usual since you have 2 months until the league is over. Don't bother wasting currency unless you are specifically looking to get this over with ASAP.

Good luck to the OP!
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info