It's a labyrinth, not a dungeon...

"
Siochan wrote:
[...] Traps are the thing that don't belong in this game.
[...]

Well, you're obviously wrong here because GGG decided they belong in their game. There's really not much else to say about it.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Alros wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
[...]

Well, you're obviously wrong here because GGG decided they belong in their game. There's really not much else to say about it.

Did u come up with this magnificent argument on ur own or did u google it?
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
"
"
Alros wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
[...]

Did u come up with this magnificent argument on ur own or did u google it?

Lots of dead games went in new directions. Look at Sacrid, it went in a new direction too. I guess all though bad reviews were wrong about that game since the owners of the game picked the new direction .......
GGG has decided not to pigeon hole themselves into being just another Aarpg. I used to not like the lab but after having gotten used to it I have changed my mind. I think it is a good addition and I want it to stay. The only change I might suggest is the ability to go back to just after the last successful Aspirant trial if you get killed. If you were fighting Izaro then he resets to full strength.

I'm not opposed to having to rerun some of the lab if you get killed but having to start from the beginning is a bit much. Other than that I have no problems with it.
Spoiler
I'm not a lab speed runner. It usually takes me 25-30 minutes .

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

Lots of dead games went in new directions. Look at Sacrid, it went in a new direction too. I guess all though bad reviews were wrong about that game since the owners of the game picked the new direction .......

Yeah! lets try this:
- small player base
- old game
- Change target audience completely

lets see how this goes :D
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
Having endgame content that requires different optimization then the mapping system, to me, is a much needed plus. If you want content that only requires bigger of the same number and you can take your character through everything optimally, there's a game for that. It's called Diablo 3.

I agree with the OP.

I'm just waiting to see where GGG goes with the next patch/update etc..

As far as constantly complaining about the lab goes..

As long as the lab stays as it is currently, I and many other players will continue to complain about it.

Why should we stop? The lab doesn't stop. I won't support this game any more if the lab stays.

You GGG fanboys can rave on about how you love it, how GGG can do no wrong.

That won't change the way we feel about the lab. It won't stop the complaints, either.

This rpg went off the rails with the start of Perandus. It went even further off the rails with Prophecy!

Players vote with their wallets.

If players don't play, the game dies.

Who is the most important, the game devs/owners or the players?

The Players!

Time will tell who was right, it is the greatest tester of all....

Last edited by Rayzabladez on Jul 3, 2016, 5:55:53 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:
Traps, as they are, are the reason people hate the lab.
Tell that to all the people complaining about izaro being too hard for their build.

How much hp does he have? Seems bosses on t12+ have less hp.

Failed lab yesterday with my srs char, got to him in the 3rd fight and my skulls hit everything but him.

Its gotten better, it was really bad the first week, especially with maps that were unable to be completed.

Still dont wanna do it though, one dead end and i got my fingers on alt f4, it so annoying
Sorry Siochan, but I disagree. I dislike the lab, but for completely different reasons.

I am ok with traps. While they may differ in terms of some defenses not working and damage being percent based, I enjoy the challenge.

Spoiler
I dislike having to start over and losing so much progress when I lose to the challenge. I'm sure it is obvious I have never considered attempting hardcore!

But if I know for sure I will survive it, I doubt I will bother attempting it. :(

I take the fun out of hardcore stuff by trying not to die... Repeatedly grinding until I feel safe... blech. Give me challenges and deaths any day. I can cope with failure. Usually.

Honestly I find the exact same tactics working in the lab as everywhere else. I do not find the gameplay very different from the rest of POE. Only one (1) defense actually works and it works equally well with traps as it does with monsters.

Spoiler
Running away like a little girl. I'm sorry, I mean flying a kite like Mary Poppins. (That is the origin of the term "kiting," right?)

Also, it helps to scream a little as you do it.

People suggested stacking movement speed and movement skills. I have to ask myself, "In combination with faster casting/attacking, aren't you already doing that? How else can you kite?"
"
The only change I might suggest is the ability to go back to just after the last successful Aspirant trial if you get killed. If you were fighting Izaro then he resets to full strength.

I could definitely get behind this.

Honestly, I think all bosses should do this.

I died a little inside the first time Dominus killed me and I noticed a little button saying "checkpoint" and I found myself right back in the fight a second later with him still injured.

Spoiler
I'm not sure when this feature was added since I was on a hiatus at the time, but dang. After that addition I no longer considered the game "hardcore." Later I find out that there is an alt-f4 escape allowed for Hardcore? Seriously? Why? Because D2 had that fault? Of all the things to emulate! But I cannot rightly judge that. I play softcore :/

Honestly, though, it is still a really large area for anything beyond speed running past all the monsters. I'd recommend shortening it overall. But I have trouble running past monsters and not slaughtering them. Maybe it is just me.

Spoiler
Over half of Vorici's missions....
V: "I need you to spare at least one guard..."

Me: "What? You want me to *not* kill someone?"

V: "Fine, this time keep the target alive but kill the guards..."

Me: "You don't know me, or what I do, do you?"

V: "Keep the target on low life for..."

Me: "That... that is not a thing I do. I'm going to kill him in one blow and mistake him for one of the guards."

V: "Kill the malcontent within the time limit!"

Me: "Now you're talking! What's that? You just hit level 3? Dang son, stop asking me to do stupid things. Everyone else is level 5! You're not fooling anyone. You are no assassin, you're a torturer."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info