[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

I'm loving this build but at the same time I feel quite squishy. Any advice?

My goal: To to Normal Atziri deathless.

Mu current stats:
Level: 80
DPS: 10,00 tooltip in hideout
HP: 5400
Eva: 5100 unbuffed in hideout
Res: 75/66/66

My gear:

I don't know how these "new" players can afford a Reach?

I've been playing for 3 years and have about 10ex in total. However, I don't really want to go and blow 3 years worth of savings on a Queen of the Forest if I'm only going to use it for one build.

What would be some pointers for me?

Is a 6L chest of about 1100 eva worth it for 3ex or so? Will this suffice to provide more defence for Normal Atziri? Or anything cheaper than a QotF or a Reach? I have budgeted about 3-5 ex to try make something work.

For Mormal Atziri, what are the minimum stats you would suggest?
Last edited by brunowa on Aug 8, 2016, 1:04:32 AM
"
Tr1ckZ wrote:
hey bruh nice build !

Think its reasonable to use cospris will to poison and take another pair of gloves?

dual curse + poison seems pretty good

yeah cospri is nice on paper if you have a good way to reliably curse, but i think its too cumbersome. you would need curse on hit gloves, but the problem with them is, they apply the curse at the first hit, but poison does not, so you have to hit everything twice for poison to apply, and that slows you down consideragly

"
brunowa wrote:
I'm loving this build but at the same time I feel quite squishy. Any advice?

My goal: To to Normal Atziri deathless.

Mu current stats:
Level: 80
DPS: 10,00 tooltip in hideout
HP: 5400
Eva: 5100 unbuffed in hideout
Res: 75/66/66

My gear:
Spoiler

I don't know how these "new" players can afford a Reach?

I've been playing for 3 years and have about 10ex in total. However, I don't really want to go and blow 3 years worth of savings on a Queen of the Forest if I'm only going to use it for one build.

What would be some pointers for me?

Is a 6L chest of about 1100 eva worth it for 3ex or so? Will this suffice to provide more defence for Normal Atziri? Or anything cheaper than a QotF or a Reach? I have budgeted about 3-5 ex to try make something work.

For Mormal Atziri, what are the minimum stats you would suggest?

hey I think your gear is okay. However you should really try to cap your resistances, you cant do atziri without capped lightning resist.

Also your flasks are terrible. Get one or two "seething" or "bubbling" divine or hallowed life flasks, get a quicksilver and a silver flask. Compare your flasks to mine. I guess you feel squishy because your flasks are bad.

Also you should try to get more Life. 5400 at lvl 80 sounds really low, what tree do you use at the moment? Maybe spec out of a bit of damage and get more life.

What jewels do you use? All of them should have %Life on them.

I dont know what you did for 3 years but 10ex sounds like nothing :D These "new" players are buying reach in the prophecy league where it only costs about 3ex. You get currency from selling things etc etc, there is plenty of information available so i guess they are following that.

The defense from this build mainly comes from dealing high amounts of damage, and running around quickly. Do not just stand there and tank everything, make use of your high movespeed.

I dont think you should buy a 6L queen right now. First, cap your resist and get your flasks improved. Then you should play more maps until 85 or so, so you get a feeling of how the build works and what you can do with it. After that, Atziri should be very easy.

Atziri is not really about gear, its about skill/knowledge of the fights. The damage that you have is plenty, but you need to know what youre doing
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Thanks will give this a go.

P.S. what armour(s) would you recommend other than Queen of the Forest?
Last edited by brunowa on Aug 8, 2016, 7:58:31 AM
"
brunowa wrote:
Thanks will give this a go.

P.S. what armour(s) would you recommend other than Queen of the Forest?

6L rare evasion chest will be cheap & great until you can get a reach or a 6L unique one. Kintsugi, Queen of the forest, Daressos Defiance, belly of the beast.
Thanks for the guide! I recently started the re-spec from the base Marauder 2H EQ melee setup to the LA one in my late 60s. I have two basic questions and one on the passive re-spec that is likely very stupid (haven't played PoE since Warbands and am a bit rusty):

1) 5L LA setup - If you don't have Reach and thus have to use GMP, would you use Slower Projectiles or Void Manipulation as the 5th? I've using SP on my 5L rare bow right now.

2) Would you mind posting your latest high level (say LV 85?) passive tree?

3) This is the stupid question, but how the heck do you re-spec out of the starting Marauder 2H melee damage nodes? Per the quoted section below, you went from this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3kJljkO6wmFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj46_cyFHF82dl8DjyCB9-_OlLbT4ZgvJ_gwzboGJElvFivqW534wHchNlHfr02ZU2-p3XLt7bqYo1-QzHDM9rBWhp07SyFBS0hYHTxGNsUdXfXVvp_KzB8jX1RRyP2jb9NkgW1wuy0xWKsbIydqqmUh2pAoF4TIVXcPQd1wKY=

To this at 69 re-spec'd:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEAAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfP8EEFCB5aO8OqW7AGlivd-N4DW87NugB3LXyhmCE2TWSOlJHfti9vJ8yfg48vTYYkd-_FHFlTdtP2Xz4676n4MOCB-oYdcslvHas9zK3tupiz3582Y1-QzHDM9rBWhp07SyFBS0hYHTxGNsUdXfXVvp_KzB8jX1RRyP2jb9NkgW1wuy0xSpbYqyCXmyMUuydqjY962MRLwMetUgfQXaCyAy00Ra_JpVh4tQj

I cannot get out of the Butchery / Born to Fight / etc. nodes for the life of me no matter what passive I try to start from. Game just doesn't let me remove them. I tried starting at Resolute Technique and working backwards, but it stops me every time.

"
cmphx wrote:

I don't recommend leveling as a bow, you kinda need the pierce nodes but they are very far away.

Leveling as 2handed melee with sunder/earthquake is incredibly easy, just get a new weapon every ~10 levels. Cauterizer is a very good leveling weapon for example.

For leveling trees you can try the following:

Starting tree

then this

then like this

By the time you are in merciless dried lake, you can start using a bow. Should be between level 64 and 68, once you can equip and have all the items basicly.

Respecced tree at lvl69

Then basicly fill out jewels/damage/life as you feel like.

Don't forget to level an added chaos gem !!!! It is very important.

And I just figured out the re-spec issue...it was a stupid question. I was missing the connected path from Master of the Arena to Warrior's Blood.
If you only need 1 5-6L what about using Kaom's heart for chest armor for extra life in HC?
"
Ukkoclap wrote:
If you only need 1 5-6L what about using Kaom's heart for chest armor for extra life in HC?

Yes that works too of course. you need to squeeze your gems together more because you lose the 4/5L from the chest. And you dont get the high movespeed bonus from queen. But kaoms gives you insane HP, a legacy one even more so.

"
WulfgangNSH wrote:
Thanks for the guide! I recently started the re-spec from the base Marauder 2H EQ melee setup to the LA one in my late 60s. I have two basic questions and one on the passive re-spec that is likely very stupid (haven't played PoE since Warbands and am a bit rusty):

1) 5L LA setup - If you don't have Reach and thus have to use GMP, would you use Slower Projectiles or Void Manipulation as the 5th? I've using SP on my 5L rare bow right now.

2) Would you mind posting your latest high level (say LV 85?) passive tree?

1) hmm, I think slowerproj should be a bit better than void manip. which bow do you use?

2) this is my current tree at lvl 93:

This tree you can use at lvl 86:

basicly the last life nodes/jewels is what you should get last.

Also, if you dont have a +1arrow drillneck, you can save one point at the Piercing shots cluster because you get 10% pierce from drillneck
"
cmphx wrote:
"
Ukkoclap wrote:

1) hmm, I think slowerproj should be a bit better than void manip. which bow do you use?

My bow is below; no laughing! Just started this league last week and have zero currency of note.

"
WulfgangNSH wrote:

My bow is below; no laughing! Just started this league last week and have zero currency of note.

try and buy a Lioneye's glare unique bow. It costs 1chaos or so, and is better than yours in any aspect !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info