[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

"
Adipsie wrote:
Can someone explain to me why the +2 hits LA enchant seems to be out of peoples mind? Doesnt it improve clear speed and consistency in both aoe and singletarget?

i mean that one

To be honest our aoe and single target already very good with LA with 2 additional target. You can hardly notice any difference.
For single target (frost wall), having 2 additional target do not grant you higher single target.
On the other hand, increase radius can help you trigger the frost wall combo more consistent. Having higher LA damage is a direct damage buff. But having 2 more target will not make you hit the boss more.
"
cmphx wrote:

"
SolSolis wrote:
Hey all, anyone want to help let me know why my damage is garbage?

Spoiler

Hey i checked your tree and gear and it seems very good. The flasks you use are crappy though, get a hallowed or a divine flask with seething or bubbling prefix. Also lioneye's roar does nothing as the flask is only for melee builds.

I have no idea why you think the damage is garbage, you probably miss something about the playstyle - why exactly do you have problems with that level of gear?

All good now - Was able to do twinned t15/atziri all easy once I figured out frost wall.
Thanks for the build, was fun. :)
After alot testing final setup

base gear

swap gear

Jewels

40% enchant give me 1.6 k extra dps no bufed hawe 20 k fuly bufed

usualy run 3 curse and with 3 curse setup hawe 6 k life iff swaping for boths rare rings life is 6.350k but extra curse is rely helps alot
my skill tree can cheak in my acaunt name is : argonazz
iff yuo want enythink too ask pm me in game skyrma_ranger
"
martincyc wrote:
"
Adipsie wrote:
Can someone explain to me why the +2 hits LA enchant seems to be out of peoples mind? Doesnt it improve clear speed and consistency in both aoe and singletarget?

i mean that one

To be honest our aoe and single target already very good with LA with 2 additional target. You can hardly notice any difference.
For single target (frost wall), having 2 additional target do not grant you higher single target.
On the other hand, increase radius can help you trigger the frost wall combo more consistent. Having higher LA damage is a direct damage buff. But having 2 more target will not make you hit the boss more.

I mean are you sure about the singletarget? I think it happens like this:
Frostwalls are several little hitboxes. You hit one and that triggers the additional lightning-strikes. Several of those strikes can hit the other hitboxes and wont flow over to the boss as damage. While its true that the boss can never be hit by more strikes than arrows. More strikes per arrow should mean more chance of hitting the boss and not other parts of the wall.

So by my understanding 40% damage would increase damage in general and extra-stikes would mean more consistent hits on the boss. Has someone tested that stuff? How would you test that? Am i wrong?
Hey guys sorry ive been busy lately, thanks for all the quality posts and suggestions, i will try to answer all questions.

"
Gregoriensten wrote:
Any reason why you don't spec into Phase Acrobatics?

I dont know any situation where i think it would be necessary. I play in softcore so i rather spend those points on another jewel/damage but its totally viable to go phase acro aswell, even use vaal grace instead of vaal haste.

"
RicoKGB wrote:
First of all nice version.

"
hey ! voltaxic will work yes, but i think its far weaker than reach. I havent done the math on it yet, but I am pretty sure its worse than reach, probably on par with lioneyes glare+gmp

You can use Voltaxic Rift. Imo its better than Lioneye's (I've tested them both). For those who have no acces to The Reach (like me currently) - Voltaxic is a great option, three just needs a few minor tweaks. Here's what I'm using:

Voltaxic Rift passive skill tree:
Spoiler

From there you can go more dmg (Shadow elemental nodes) or more life / jewel sockets.

Now you need to socket Static Electricity unique jewel in the Shadow area for +1-52 added light dmg.

Now gem setup for Voltaxic:

LA - GMP - Pierce - Added Lightning - Weapon Elemental DMG - Void Manipulation

Added Lightning is better than Added Chaos in this setup. It will scale via elemental nodes and weapon elemental dmg gem.

My gear & gems for anyone to review:
--------------------------------------------

Spoiler

As you can see, you need also a bit of WED increased on gear and maybe some flat + ligtning dmg. Rings and amulet are good for that.

With this setup I have 18k LA hideout unbuffed, 22k buffed with just Blood Rage and frenzy charges. This is just enough for red maps. However this can be scalled further. If you remove blood magic cluster, spec into Essence Sap cluster and run Wrath + Herald of Thunder. You're trading life vs dmg this way but with Kaoms it might be worth it. Another option is to use Wake of Destruction and run Haste.

Now with Lioneyes Glare and original three I had 12k/15k. Thats a huge difference for LA vs Voltaxic as it is per arrow DPS.

Few cents about chest option:
------------------------------------

I was testing Queen of the Forest vs Daressos Defiance vs Kaoms and I like Kaoms best. I dont really like Queen, its mostly RNG defence, sometimes (more often than you think) some nasty mob will bypass that and then it hurts. Daressos is solid option thx to nice armor + eva boost, dodge boost, but most important - endurance charges generation for additional layer of physical mitigation and longer IC calls (and also a bit of leech from physical dmg for those who are using The Reach).

Now the most problems I had with those 2 chest where stuns on red mabs from rare mobs or beyond mobs. Kaoms fixes that, also providing nice hp buffor for other stuff like spells, dots, bleeding and stuff.

Anyway nice build, this is just my approach to Voltaxic version and a suggestion for those who want to use it with (or dont have The Reach).

Nice approach with voltaxic ! It seems you found a pretty strong version, i've never actually tried to do the math on everything. However I think its not just about comparing tooltip of voltaxic vs. others. To get a real-dps comparison, you would have to compare the physical and chaos damage you do with a hit, plus the combined multipliers on poison. The lightning damage from conversion is just a bonus because the build bases around chaos damage and poison. Since you do not use slower projectiles in your setup and you have to use GMP, your poison will be alot weaker than reach poison, and maybe also weaker than glare poison, i didnt do the math just from looking at the numbers i think though.

added lightning might add more dps than added chaos, however only 60% of it will contribute to the poison, therefore i think added chaos will be stronger etc etc. yet still you have made it work which is great ! Especially since voltaxic is down to 1chaos these days.

"
Vivalamuerte wrote:
What do you think about going Iron Reflexes for this build with a Champion, i'm playing HC :)

Hm, i personally dont think Iron reflexes is better than high evasion+acro, especially not with champion. With champion you can go kintsugi+fortify+tasteofhate+basalt flask and you will be safer combined with high evasion.

"
godhand456 wrote:
im very intrigued by this build. my issue is reach of the council is very expensive. so as someone with mid budget currency atm, what would u recommend? i know u mentioned lioneye's glare which is very cheap but u said it had to be on a 6L to be effective which by itself is very tough to do.

would just a 5L be ok? LA > GMP > added chaos > pierce > slower proj? would this be adequate enough dps to do mid tier maps effectively enough till i farm enough currency for reach of the council?

i intend to play HC mode as well so i will probably use the kintsugi chest piece for the extra defense. thanks for the build. i just dont want to lvl all the way to 75+ to find out a 5L glare is too weak and still too poor to afford reach and thus wasted time (im not the fastest lvler)

also if using glare, im assuming we spec out of resolute tech temporarily till reach and then respec into it?

"
godhand456 wrote:
Reach of the council is hardly "minimal investment'. the bow is expensive as shit. how does this build compare against an assassin bleed build with reach of the council?

also to my first question, with a 5L glare, is this build viable for higher mid tier maps to farm currency for reach?

hm i dont like the idea of a 5L+glare. It will be fine for maps maybe until Tier8 or so, but after that it will feel kinda weak. i recommend just going with a tabula for a while until you can afford a reach or a decent 6L. Here i got some example cheap ass gear i tested on standard. It worked fine on a T10 necropolis map and the boss was a joke.

Spoiler

If you have a working character on standard i can showcase you the build in that version.

I personally think this build is more balanced than an assassin bleed poison build. It has way better defenses and a higher lifepool and is easier to play in general. the damage is lower, but still more than fine.

"
Will jewel mod "x% increased damage" also double dip? Or does it need to be 'projectile' when shopping for jewels?

Yep, general "increased damage" will double dip.

"
bivike wrote:
Cool build. Can you please set your account that we can see your characters?
Thanks

I've posted my gear+tree in the build guide and didnt change anything since then, so you can check everything there.

"
boarface wrote:
You can do fairly high lvl maps with any ok unique bow (1 chaos or less). The reason is LA with poison easily clears trash and frost wall is broken. I can switch to any bow on my character with this build and do things quite easily. You just become reliant on frost wall vs all rares with a bad bow so get decoy as has been said.

Reach is just the best damage scaler because negative damage is the opposite of double dipping and that's what LMP/GMP do.

I actually run this build with a poison gem for quality of life purposes with a 6l reach (removed faster attacks) and it's very easy. However all that my reach really achieves is not forcing me to frost wall all rares/bosses (only the tanky ones).

Yep mate you got it right, basicly a white bow works (even to kill uber atziri :D) If youre bored you can try to make a necromancer work with it - use nulls inclanation, and flesh offering with the "offering spells also affect you" - should be very strong !

"
Hello, just wondering if I cant afford a reach, what should the gem setup be? What should I trade GMP for? Void manipulation? Thanks

Swap out faster projectiles for GMP. so it will be
LA - GMP - Pierce - added chaos - void manip - slower proj.

RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
Sonical112 wrote:
Hello

Im pretty much done with the character and I will soon hit 40/40 (missing 40 maps from map bosses and 10 lab clears, waiting for a good 5 key layout) and call it quits for this league.
Here is my PoM if anyone wants to see how fast this can clear maps. I do all masters/trials and the clear time consists of
putting the map in device >
clear >
doing masters/trials >
loot management >
rolling new map >
trading >
putting new map into the map device

so its pretty fast as you can see: http://pathofmaps.com/users/989
I'd say around 4-7min average for all of that depending on layout.

Here is my almost finished gear. I could get 1+ curse ammy and vulnerability on hit snakebites but that ammy would cause problems with intelligence since I would lose that 24int. Also I could exalt my jewels too but I dont have any exalts atm and I cant be arsed to acquire them either...

For those that are wondering, chancing the headhunter took ~3500 tries.

LA damage in town: 25,2k
LA damage with frenzy charges/BR: 30k
Life: 6,3k
Evasion without flasks: 18 445
Evasion with flasks: 42 596
Movement speed without flasks: 94%
Movement speed with flasks: 238%

wow dude thats some impressive gear. grats on the headhunter! It really works well with this build and adds an extra layer of fun/clearspeed :D

"
martincyc wrote:
Most ridiculous character I have leveled in my life, nice build.
Once I go MS, I never go back
Hard to imagine the feel when switch back to the "slow" whirling blade character =(

For glove enchant, I really recommend attack with XXX of fury on hit, it has nice dps and look like shooting arrow in 360oC

yep, moving around constantly with 90+ movespeed just feels so good :D

"
ka4o5 wrote:
Hello, loving this idea !

I wanted to ask if theres a way not going LA frost wall, cuz from what I've heard (correct me if I'm wrong) its lag inducing and I'm playing on a very bad PC.

Can I do split arrow for example, or without the LA thingy this wont be strong ?
thanks !

hm its not actually laggy for me - you can try for yourself. Tornado shot works just as fine though.

If you dont want to use tornado shot either, you basicly need a second setup for single target. so split arrow for group clear for example, and for single target you can use barrage - it is INCREDIBLY strong with reach , and the only reason its not superop meta skill atm is just because frostwall is slightly stronger.

barrage-void-slower-pierce-addedchaos is the setup for it. try it out, its superstrong.

"
Diggleer wrote:
I have Vulnerability on my gloves.

Now I am considering 6-linking the armor for more frenzy single target dps.

Thoughts?

what do you mean, frenzy single target dps? we dont use frenzy to do damage, just for cursing and getting max. charges.

"
jarhead271 wrote:
How are you getting endurance charges for immortal call?

i dont - immortal call has a base duration even with no endurance charges.

"
dchain2099 wrote:
i would like to ask how does it goes with decoy totem and frost wall, do decoy totem trigger frost wall? or we have to self cast it?

i try to link the gem same as you, but the frost wall skill is gray, and decoy totem does not cast (as predicted)

can someone help me whit this question?

decoy totem is just there as a decoy - it does not trigger or do anything with frost wall. you have to self cast it. it does not have to be linked as in my version. you can put decoy totem gem anywhere you want, and you just need a 2link frostwall-spell echo. faster casting is just a nice bonus, and it also works for decoy totem. - btw do not mix decoy totem with spell totem

"
Adipsie wrote:

i mean that one

to my understanding, it only works for AoE clear - i dont think the secondary attack can trigger more than once per target. so its still a nice enchant, but only improves aoe clear a bit.
"
I mean are you sure about the singletarget? I think it happens like this:
Frostwalls are several little hitboxes. You hit one and that triggers the additional lightning-strikes. Several of those strikes can hit the other hitboxes and wont flow over to the boss as damage. While its true that the boss can never be hit by more strikes than arrows. More strikes per arrow should mean more chance of hitting the boss and not other parts of the wall.

So by my understanding 40% damage would increase damage in general and extra-stikes would mean more consistent hits on the boss. Has someone tested that stuff? How would you test that? Am i wrong?

I am also not quite sure, but for my understanding, frostwall cannot be target??
say you lay 6 frost wall in a row ( 3 charge + spell echo)
for example, one of your arrow pierce one of frost wall, it trigger secondary effect to strike a bolt to the boss, but the frost wall it self cannot be targeted, so no matter many extra target you get from the enchant, it there is only 1 boss, it only strike once
1 pierce mean 1 bolt to the boss, 6 wall mean 6 pierce, and you have total 5 arrow which mean 5*6=30 bolt on boss per LA attack. But if there is no other monster around, there will not be extra target.

Can anyone can confirm frostwall is not a target for the secondary bolt of LA?? My understanding is that it just act as a trigger but not a target. At least I never see any flashy bolt striking the frost wall when I pierce the frostwall to hit boss.
Last edited by martincyc on Jul 19, 2016, 10:36:36 PM
Thanks for your build. Seriously, first build that i play that i can really enjoy end-game content, like its supposed to be.

today i managed to kill uber atziri, a mortal hope dropped in a random run normal atziri and i said, lets give it a try. i was killed twice because of the trio reflect, and then i managed to get to first split in atziri.
Then, i said to myself fuck it i want to try again and bought another hope, this one i did it deathless until first split on atziri, then i paniqued a lot and died 2 times (3 portals left). i can do it deathless in future runs, for sure. Axe dropped btw :D
https://gyazo.com/db229b8746775f0935614c8cd6876433

Pale court is a joke, uber izaro is a joke. T15 maps twinned are a joke.
The unique thing that i can't manage to do is core map, i tried three times now, do you recommend me to put it a life gain on hit gem in my 6L?

PS: i dont have +1 drillneck, and i dont have the enchant on my helmet. i swapped resist jewells for int jewells and i cap resistances in gear, dual in every piece and just belt is triple resistance.

thank you so much for doing an amazing build!
Last edited by gasparoto1 on Jul 20, 2016, 4:53:25 AM
"
gasparoto1 wrote:
Thanks for your build. Seriously, first build that i play that i can really enjoy end-game content, like its supposed to be.

today i managed to kill uber atziri, a mortal hope dropped in a random run normal atziri and i said, lets give it a try. i was killed twice because of the trio reflect, and then i managed to get to first split in atziri.
Then, i said to myself fuck it i want to try again and bought another hope, this one i did it deathless until first split on atziri, then i paniqued a lot and died 2 times (3 portals left). i can do it deathless in future runs, for sure. Axe dropped btw :D
https://gyazo.com/db229b8746775f0935614c8cd6876433

Pale court is a joke, uber izaro is a joke. T15 maps twinned are a joke.
The unique thing that i can't manage to do is core map, i tried three times now, do you recommend me to put it a life gain on hit gem in my 6L?

PS: i dont have +1 drillneck, and i dont have the enchant on my helmet. i swapped resist jewells for int jewells and i cap resistances in gear, dual in every piece and just belt is triple resistance.

thank you so much for doing an amazing build!

hey congrats to your achievements ! Uber atziri is definetly not easy so very good job and gz on the axe drop :p

lgoh surely helps for core malachai. its mainly a dodging game of all of his attacks and having friendly map mods on it. i didnt use bloodrage during the fight because i wanted all the life regen i could get so i had to keep up frenzies manually. also i spammed decoy totem onto the traps and tried to use it as much as possible - he really gets distracted from the totem. try to use your flask as little as possible, keep moving and avoid all the shit. the main time to do damage to him is when he starts the tentacle attack - thats when you should spam frost walls and shoot him down quickly. its a bit of a struggle, but the dps should be high enough to get him down!
awesome build, hope it doesnt get nerfed

these pieces sure do boost dps a lot and i'm not even optimized yet
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info