Where is the Charan now

"
wjameschan wrote:
I'm playing a lot of smite on the ps4. The Gf loves having me in the same room instead of upstairs by myself to game, and she likes Smite as well so we take turns. She pretty much despises PoE and what it did to my "life" for years, especially all the forum drama and the stress of being a thankless moderator.

I'm also working on two new books. You can follow the progress via Facebook @BlackcloakAManOfHisSword.

The fact that I am yet again "probation dodging" means my current probation will be doubled, which puts the end date well beyond Christmas. Maybe they'll just do a BMBI at me and make it permanent.

I'm a bit sad that I have an account full of mtxes (pretty much every single one, with multiples of most) just sitting there but oh well. Nothing I can really do about that.

I don't talk to anyone at GGG anymore. I wouldn't say it's an amiable distance but I don't blame them at all for what I did, how much I spent or even the fact that PoE just isn't the game it was shaping up to be during beta.

I am amused that I've put a whole 400 bucks or so into Smite and have every mtx I'd never want or need.

All in all, I feel like my life was in stasis from the moment I found PoE and I'm definitely much happier without it or this community in my daily goings ons.

This is my last post here. I expect Support may delete it for aforementioned dodging but if not, feel free to contact me at [Removed by Support] for any reason you may have.

Goodbye and good luck, Exiles.

Charan

Good to see you still alive and kicking. Enjoy life with the wife.

Farewell.
Spoiler
"
wjameschan wrote:
I'm playing a lot of smite on the ps4. The Gf loves having me in the same room instead of upstairs by myself to game, and she likes Smite as well so we take turns. She pretty much despises PoE and what it did to my "life" for years, especially all the forum drama and the stress of being a thankless moderator.

I'm also working on two new books. You can follow the progress via Facebook @BlackcloakAManOfHisSword.

The fact that I am yet again "probation dodging" means my current probation will be doubled, which puts the end date well beyond Christmas. Maybe they'll just do a BMBI at me and make it permanent.

I'm a bit sad that I have an account full of mtxes (pretty much every single one, with multiples of most) just sitting there but oh well. Nothing I can really do about that.

I don't talk to anyone at GGG anymore. I wouldn't say it's an amiable distance but I don't blame them at all for what I did, how much I spent or even the fact that PoE just isn't the game it was shaping up to be during beta.

I am amused that I've put a whole 400 bucks or so into Smite and have every mtx I'd never want or need.

All in all, I feel like my life was in stasis from the moment I found PoE and I'm definitely much happier without it or this community in my daily goings ons.

This is my last post here. I expect Support may delete it for aforementioned dodging but if not, feel free to contact me at [Removed by Support] for any reason you may have.

Goodbye and good luck, Exiles.

Charan

Surprise here, I never expected to see your reply here.

You made a lot of contribution to the game, which probably silent majority at the time had been recognized.

You are taking a distance to the forum against your inclination, and I am convinced that is a right decision for you.

We are yet to see where GGG are heading, they are like an octopus,
too early to judge the future evolution.

Good luck on your new books
and
there are many jewels waiting for you near in future, such as,

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIrY56yg7dY&feature=share

PS VR
https://youtu.be/9GKlPXx5p5Q

Enjoy your life without POE as much as you want until the end of the probation(s).
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on Jul 4, 2016, 9:05:17 AM
inside sources tell me Charan made a bodybuilding.com profile and started lifting weights! I bet he's pumped by now! He'll be pumping 18 reps @ 225 in no time.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 4, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
inside sources tell me Charan made a bodybuilding.com profile and started lifting weights! I bet he's pumped by now! He'll be pumping 18 reps @ 225 in no time.
Boo. >:/
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
wjameschan wrote:

Charan

There is a saying about a fool and his money. You probably wouldn't understand it.
"
LOOZING wrote:
There is a saying about a fool and his money. You probably wouldn't understand it.

There's also a lot of sayings about misrepresentation, trickery and broken promises.

"
"
LOOZING wrote:

There's also a lot of sayings about misrepresentation, trickery and broken promises.

I think it was done innocently though. I'm sure they did the best they could as new devs. Even so, when the hype and the hope were real this was a great thing to be a part of.
I know it was.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
"
LOOZING wrote:

I think it was done innocently though. I'm sure they did the best they could as new devs. Even so, when the hype and the hope were real this was a great thing to be a part of.

Sure was. I had my fun with the game within the limitation that were given from the start. Now lets all not hope for a better POE but for new games that occupy our minds and gaming lives.
the fate of those who get too invested into something. best thing i ever did in regards to poe is stop caring as much.

treat it for what it is , not what it was supposed to be. perfect is impossible for a reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info