Avatar of fire + occulist noteables?

Ok, so basically.
Avatar of fire - 50% Phys/lightning/cold converted to fire dmg and deal no non-fire damage.

There are two occulist noteables.
Profane bloom - Cursed enemies you kill have a 20% chance to explode, dealing a quarter of their max life as chaos dmg.

Malediction - For each curse killed on an enemy, gain 4% of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage for 4 seconds.

Question is does these noteables work with avatar of fire?
Last edited by Buiaka on Jun 30, 2016, 7:11:31 PM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 10:04:03 AM
If chaos damage was fire damage, then yes it would work.

However, Chaos damage is non-fire damage. So, it won't work.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 30, 2016, 6:11:17 PM
I would guess that bloom would work because it's not you doing the damage. I would guess that malediction does not work.
"
Morbyn wrote:
I would guess that bloom would work because it's not you doing the damage. I would guess that malediction does not work.

Yeah, that seems reasonable. I guess the effect of an atziri's promise would mimic the effect on malediction pretty accruately. I just tested and it does not increase your damage.
"
Morbyn wrote:
I would guess that bloom would work because it's not you doing the damage.

It is you dealing Damage though. You cause 'em to explode, its your Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Morbyn wrote:
I would guess that bloom would work because it's not you doing the damage.

It is you dealing Damage though. You cause 'em to explode, its your Damage.

So the explosions deal 0 damage?
Afraid so.
It still looks cool though, so there's that.
GGG, please "fix" this :D

The ascendant occulist gets "20% increased Damage if you've Killed a Cursed Enemy Recently", i'd much rather have a similair effect.
I sure hope they don't.
A, because the last thing the game needs is more scion.
More importantly, though, because 20% increase is basically nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Killing an enemy with just 2 curses with a witch, however, potentially grants you 8% MORE damage if you deal no chaos damage currently.
That is significant.
It's also a class based on chaos damage and ES, for AoF, I reckon Elementalist would be a lot more fitting.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info