Cwdt Immortal Call

Since literally EVERYONE is using this setup now isn't it time to overthink the descision to make mobs do such outrageous damage? I think it overall hurts creativity and permanently takes up a gear slot that otherwise could be used for more interesting things.

Or maybe give us more variety in defensive abilities. As of now everyone is using one main ability and the rest is standardized and even nesscesary if you want to survive more than a week. Sure you can go either evasion or armor but thats about it. At higher levels arctic armor and some form of endurance charge gain (melee) becomes mandatory and the question is: Is this still fun?
Last edited by Chimmy81 on Jun 30, 2016, 5:33:31 AM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2016, 1:05:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
IC should not even exist. immunity is ridiculous. Especially with juggs who can get 12 charges on the fly.

Monster dam is fine if you build for it. Like make sarifices. Ive done uber trio with no IC with three toons. One LA shadow who was so fast I couldnt get hit by them. One inci build who wore lightning coil and had 70% block. And juggs with 35K armor and 9 EC.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 30, 2016, 5:42:32 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
IC should not even exist.

CoDT shouldn't even exist, Aim. Manual IC's been always fine.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Disagree. IC is total immunity for cost of one gem. To get anywhere close to that with things like GG armor gear, block and flasks costs way more and you're still not "immune" technically but can be close enough,. Regardless point is IC is way overpowered compared to alternatives
Git R Dun!
IC protects from a single damage type. But the most important was the initial idea - a gem dependent on human reactions,designed to support the tanky classes on the left able to generate and keep up ECs for long (related to IC duration). Skill effect duration is also on the left for a reason.

IC was never designed to get spammed, but used in a real need (it drops the precious ECs).
So, as long as the skill activation isn't automated, gem drops in efficiency for all non-EC users, which also didn't invest in EC supports. It literally becomes from mandatory to unreliable and mostly PITA to use. It has become a must due to the automation.

Now, tell me where actually the problem is.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jun 30, 2016, 6:21:40 AM
I hear you but thats a different time. Now with tools like fortify. Like basalt/hate flasks Like the crazy ascendancies to get near phys immune if we really try so IC is not needed. Not to mention immunity in general is cheesy. Even moreso than when you could get 100% elemental immune, there was still pen like atziri double FB.
Git R Dun!
Well, IC has probably become a problem as long as game evolved, and may be removed for good. That's a different wording. I agree on this.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jun 30, 2016, 6:24:34 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Seriously? Then how can I make use of my golem or curse when I don't have mana to reserve for an additional blasphemy?

If we are talking about trigger gems, I would be fine removing cwdt if they removed coc as well.
CWDT, CWS and COC.

Should just be removed. Things that automate gameplay are stupid.
CWDT + IC is not the problem. It's the symptom of mob damage spikes being completely out of control.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info