"Arbitrary buffs to life" are... needed !

As stated in the 2.3 patch notes :

"
Rather than apply arbitrary buffs to life and damage, we have instead added monsters with new skills to higher difficulties, and have applied various corrections to specific monster skills.

But when playing the game now, with ascendancy and all the stuffs kinda easy to get, buffing life of monsters in cruel / merciless seems really needed to me to give monsters the time to use at least once their new attacks or skills lol.

What do you think guys ?
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2016, 7:10:10 AM
Personally I'd prefer lower player damage, but that's kinda the same direction.
For me the current direction of the game has succesfully killed partyplay, since everyone in a group does enough damage to kill whole packs in one click. Rushing to actually get a kill, yay. :|
Every big patch they buff monster life, that s why players using shit skills can t deal any dps in parties anymore and all the builds look the same.

when do you want this to stop? 5 million life pool white skellies?

I agree with chris it is better to buff monster damage than raising their map pool.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 30, 2016, 6:38:22 AM
Monster life wasn't buffed. You can clear with "shit skills" (e.g. Glacial Hammer + Melee Splash) just fine, with a clearspeed that would've been considered very good not too long ago. But as it is now, LA projectiles just fly across (and kill) three screens per shot, or somebody uses his 100% Vaal Haste uptime to whirl (and kill) ahead of the group. You could have a bazillion tooltip dps, if everything is dead once you get there, it's just that: A tooltip.
Better to design a game and let us play it, rather than play the players they way they do.
The only reason this an issue is because of clear speed addiction. Do something that doesn't one shot entire packs, and suddenly the game is more enjoyable. I'm playing a Burning Arrow character right now. Would Explosive Arrow clear faster, with more damage? Yeah, probably. Am I doing it? Nope, no I'm not. I like Burning Arrow, so I'm using it, even though it clears slower. No clear speed addiction, and I'm having fun.

TLDR Stop trying to clear Gorge in under a minute and just build to CLEAR Gorge period, and you'll enjoy the game more, it was never made to deal with the speed people keep getting to.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
The only reason this an issue is because of clear speed addiction. Do something that doesn't one shot entire packs, and suddenly the game is more enjoyable. I'm playing a Burning Arrow character right now. Would Explosive Arrow clear faster, with more damage? Yeah, probably. Am I doing it? Nope, no I'm not. I like Burning Arrow, so I'm using it, even though it clears slower. No clear speed addiction, and I'm having fun.

TLDR Stop trying to clear Gorge in under a minute and just build to CLEAR Gorge period, and you'll enjoy the game more, it was never made to deal with the speed people keep getting to.

Human will always use most efficient way to do something, it's in our nature. The only way to change this is to remove it from game. This applies to 99.9%.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
"
_Zerk_ wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:

Human will always use most efficient way to do something, it's in our nature. The only way to change this is to remove it from game. This applies to 99.9%.

I agree, but you miss two things.
A) I didn't say people wouldn't do it, I said you'd have more fun if you didn't.
B) It's a game. The only "efficiency" is how much fun you are having. Your clear speed and DPS are not more "efficient" than anyone else, or less. If all you do is try to be more "efficient" than everyone else, or be as "efficient" even, you'll be disappointed, all the time, and have less fun.

You're quite right, but the fact that you are right, is irrelevant, as your reply doesn't affect this thread or negate my reply.

- Sheepster
"
Head_Less wrote:
Every big patch they buff monster life, that s why players using shit skills can t deal any dps in parties anymore and all the builds look the same.

when do you want this to stop? 5 million life pool white skellies?

I agree with chris it is better to buff monster damage than raising their map pool.

lol Last ladder I actually played I rocked end game with a 3L 1 alc weapon

Was one shotting all boss up to 15 maps. was a complete joke

Enfeebled even!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlR67NtYt8&t=2m20s

Look at end of vid at 3:06 all i have is 4L max in inventory.

Oh and new vortex is even more OP now than ice nova.

Get real! our DPS has quadrupled at least since I've been here and monster went no where. Poor monsters :(

I feel bad for them. And bad for me having to grind this nonsense. So I don't.

Monster need at least 100% HP Buff.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 30, 2016, 6:55:47 PM
"
Nssheepster wrote:

I agree, but you miss two things.
A) I didn't say people wouldn't do it, I said you'd have more fun if you didn't.
B) It's a game. The only "efficiency" is how much fun you are having. Your clear speed and DPS are not more "efficient" than anyone else, or less. If all you do is try to be more "efficient" than everyone else, or be as "efficient" even, you'll be disappointed, all the time, and have less fun.

You're quite right, but the fact that you are right, is irrelevant, as your reply doesn't affect this thread or negate my reply.

We are talking PoE. 99% don't play this game for fun. This is a grinder that brings them sense of accomplishment they don't get irl.

I do play for fun couple hours 2-3 yimes a week, super casual playing trapper. Build's pace suits me just fine. I don't chain t9-t11 in under 2 minutes, preferring t13-t15 with some crazy mods for fun :)

Most thou prefer to rush it like the world is about to end.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info